Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generations were conventionally approx 25 years. This is obviously elastic as kids are born at various ages (in my family the blokes usually have kids in their 40s and this has been consistent since the 18th century), and there's other conceptions like Baby Boomers, Generation X, "the lost generation" etc.

What a heap of rubbish, lets add the VFA flags, Carlton 22=Pies17.
Haha sure you're not a Catter?

Bodgey maths, non league achievements and cheat flags.

Carlton finally have a talented list, a fine coach and a few months of political stability but the fans are stuck in the past. You've got to let go boys and girls.

We had a nasty blot on our history, horrible racism. We haven't fixed it but we've started to. Carlton don't have nearly as bad a blot in that area. Youse welcomed Syd Jackson in the 70s, one of the better clubs really, not perfect but beter than us or Hawthorn.

But until you address the corruption and cheating it will eat you like a cancer.

Do Better Blues.

Generations were conventionally approx 25 years. This is obviously elastic as kids are born at various ages (in my family the blokes usually have kids in their 40s and this has been consistent since the 18th century), and there's other conceptions like Baby Boomers, Generation X, "the lost generation" etc.

Haha sure you're not a Catter?

Bodgey maths, non league achievements and cheat flags.

Carlton finally have a talented list, a fine coach and a few months of political stability but the fans are stuck in the past. You've got to let go boys and girls.

We had a nasty blot on our history, horrible racism. We haven't fixed it but we've started to. Carlton don't have nearly as bad a blot in that area. Youse welcomed Syd Jackson in the 70s, one of the better clubs really, not perfect but beter than us or Hawthorn.

But until you address the corruption and cheating it will eat you like a cancer.

Do Better Blues.
We addressed the cheating 20 years ago, get off your soapbox mate.

Generations were conventionally approx 25 years.
The Carlton "lost" generation is any poor Carlton fan born after 1990.

All they have is their mum's stories of the olden days.
Do Better Blues.
Bit of a challenge for some old Baggers not to revert to talking ancient VFL history.

2024 - another year where Collingwood will be better than Carlton, because Fly is a winner and Collingwood have a stronger, deeper list that knows how to win.

You didn't notice the penalties we received and it wasn't proven that we cheated in the 95 GF.
Don't bother mate - this conversation has been repeated in this thread so many times and that point will never get across to some.

Bottom line was we did the wrong thing 25 years ago and deservedly got handed one of the biggest punishments in the history of Australian sport. It is 2024 and it's surely time to move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Hollands looked silky as, Orazio I'm not even sure he got out of a jog. Can't blame him with how brutal the heat was today but never know with his bodies history

You're better than this
Huh?

I didn't see the game, and I'd expect Carlton supporters would be itching to see how they performed in their first hit-outs against an opposition team, albeit a practice match.

After all, we had multiple posters in this very thread spruiking the exploits of E. Hollands in the Blues intra-club game last week, even to the point an avatar bet resulted from it.

So, how did they go?

Huh?

I didn't see the game, and I'd expect Carlton supporters would be itching to see how they performed in their first hit-outs against an opposition team, albeit a practice match.

After all, we had multiple posters in this very thread spruiking the exploits of E. Hollands in the Blues intra-club game last week, even to the point an avatar bet resulted from it.

So, how did they go?
About to watch the replay will let you know

Whatever conclusion you come up with, old mate Fadge has the game to watch at his fingertips as well. I'm sure he will draw his own opinions in any event
Why would I waste my time watching a Carlton practice match?

That's why I asked the question that was on everyone's lips.

Aren't these two key players that Carlton are relying on to bridge the gap between them and the genuine contenders?

Aren't these two key players that Carlton are relying on to bridge the gap between them and the genuine contenders?

Somewhat like "They only added Acres, how will they not finish 11th"

How are else are you going to form your probability graphs for round 1 ?

Almost finished the game. Both are in the 23 for me. Fantasia could have had four goals in the first half: missed two gettable ones and gave off two near the goalsquare. Hollands very clean in terrible conditions - obviously won't be there for OR/R1 but expect him to be in the side after the bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back