Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
Veteran A Star Wars Fan 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur
Sep 14, 2005
Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

Collingwood have lost more games in the last four than Carlton have in their last 16 games…

Carlton 14-2 since they went on that famous run

Collingwood 1-3 in only 4 games

Is the debate over yet? 😎

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah the joys of waking up knowing Sam Walsh is due back in a couple of weeks and the Pies still look junk playing their full squad

I’d rather not play any Grand Finals than to play 7 and only win 2 if I am honest.

That is a terrible record.
I'm still trying to work out how this post has been 'misinterpreted'....

I also never realised Carlton have never lost a Grand Final. Did 1993 never happen? 1999?

In the AFL era, Collingwood have qualified for the Grand Final on 7 occasions, winning three premierships.

In the same time, Carlton have qualified 3 times, winning once.

As an elite mathematician, I calculate that to be a 33.33% success rate for Carlton, and a 42.86% success rate for Collingwood, having played in more than twice as many Grand Finals and winning three times as many flags.

But let's hope YeoShuey's wishes continue to come true, and Carlton continue to fall short of qualifying for Grand Finals so as not to run the risk of losing them, whilst continuing to be able to 'brag' about the last time Collingwood has beaten Carlton in a Grand Final being 1910....

I'm still trying to work out how this post has been 'misinterpreted'....

I also never realised Carlton have never lost a Grand Final. Did 1993 never happen? 1999?

In the AFL era, Collingwood have qualified for the Grand Final on 7 occasions, winning three premierships.

In the same time, Carlton have qualified 3 times, winning once.

As an elite mathematician, I calculate that to be a 33.33% success rate for Carlton, and a 42.86% success rate for Collingwood, having played in more than twice as many Grand Finals and winning three times as many flags.

But let's hope YeoShuey's wishes continue to come true, and Carlton continue to fall short of qualifying for Grand Finals so as not to run the risk of losing them, whilst continuing to be able to 'brag' about the last time Collingwood has beaten Carlton in a Grand Final being 1910....
Still got us coming 16th this year?

If Charlie and Harry get 8 frees again, probably Carlton.
Umpiring was atrocious yesterday, but McKay and Curnow are absolute monsters. Even if you had quality KPDs (which North don't), it's a big task for any backline.

Gotta love deflection from pies fans who know their season is on the brink, whilst Carlton are basking in wins..

14 of their last 16

Collingwood winning a paltry one out of 4.

Very happy with picking up E Hollands too for a song whilst Collingwood’s elite recruit in Schulz languishes..

Umpiring was atrocious yesterday, but McKay and Curnow are absolute monsters. Even if you had quality KPDs (which North don't), it's a big task for any backline.
Kangas are on the right track, things will start to click I reckon maybe even as early as later this year.. got some good young kids to build a team around

Back