Why doesn’t Buckley shame Collingwood supporters when they boo Ablett?

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe because when Ablett was being booed, Buckley wasn't standing in the middle of the MCG with a microphone over the loudspeakers and everybody listening?

Bloke has no integrity. Obviously has nothing to gain by alienating his own and defending Ablett besides integrity

The reasons for booing Ablett are a little more legitimate since he announced himself as a homophobe earlier in the year.
So what if Gary Ablett Jr has a religious belief that is not in line with the LGBT Community & the broader community. We live in a Country which allows Freedom of Religion & has pretty good Anti Discrimination legislation. So Gary Ablett Jr deserves crowd intimidation & shaming, the same tactic used by racists on Adam Goodes. Is it ironic, hypocritical or both that those booing Ablett have so little tolerance for his minority religious belief?

No other club boos Ablett???
You can’t be serious?

Missing the point. How can Buckley stand there and say Shame on Anyone who boo's a champion in Pendlebury, however whenever his feral supporters boo another clubs champion or players, its all ok. Buckley needs to shame his supporters when it happens otherwise he is a toothless warrior in a jungle of cretins.

Missing the point. How can Buckley stand there and say Shame on Anyone who boo's a champion in Pendlebury, however whenever his feral supporters boo another clubs champion or players, its all ok. Buckley needs to shame his supporters when it happens otherwise he is a toothless warrior in a jungle of cretins.
OK, I’ll let him know

For the anti-free-speech SJW’s out there. Perhaps Ablett liked Folou’s tweet because he admired the guy’s willingness to stand up for his beliefs. As opposed to necessarily agreeing with them. We’ll never know, because Ablett is entitled to keep his views/motivations to himself.

Before anyone gets triggered, I’m agnostic. And I voted yes to same-sex marriage. But I think it’s important that the Folou’s of the world have a platform to reveal their ignorance, so that they may be challenged and forced to reflect on their attitudes (as opposed to solidifying their prejudices by banning certain thoughts/views deemed unacceptable).

The left in this country have become the fascists. Who would have thought!
I think this is more or less accurate regarding Ablett's motivation for 'liking' the Folau post. I was wondering what Ablett would say in response to it, usually people in the public eye give some wishy washy answer to try and undo any damage they've brought upon themselves, but to be fair to Ablett I thought his response was reasonable without him selling out his actual beliefs.

This is what he said:
There has been a lot of coverage about Israel Folau’s post this week. It saddens me and my family to see how the coverage of this story has played out.
I want to make it clear that I love ALL people regardless of race, religion, gender or sexuality.
I have always admired how strong Izzy is in his faith, it is not easy to share faith in the public sphere, and this is why I initially 'liked' his post.
I understand that liking this post appeared offensive and this is why I chose to remove my 'like' from the post.
As a Christian, I believe that God sent his one and only son Jesus to die on the cross so that anyone can come to have an intimate and personal relationship with him. This is the core message behind why I believe we celebrate Easter. I also believe that we are all sinners, that no one including myself is exempt from this and this is why Jesus died for us so that we could all be forgiven by God. God is a loving God and I pray that everyone will come to experience that same love as I have.
Happy Easter everyone!

So Buckley makes a big stand by saying “shame on anyone who booed a champion....” when Pendlebury was booed by Essendon supporters at the ANZAC presentation however when Collingwood played Geelong his supporters Booed Ablett who is a champion of the league. In fact 90% would say he is more of a champion than Pendlebury.

So why doesn’t Buckley make a statement when his supporters boo a champion.

Such a hypocrite individual representing a club and supporter base also with same traits
Who are the 10 percent who think pendlebury was better then ablett? Surely even mad pies supporters arent that one eyed to claim something so utterly stupid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back