Will the Tim Kelly trade go down as one of the worst ever ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure you're in a position to 'educate' anyone. McPharlin was one of the comps best KPD for almost a decade.

And Kelly will come good. Nothing wrong with going hard at an A-grader when you're in a premiership window.
Reality check: ... PICK 1.

LOL, the stupidity of that deal peaked when Hawthorn beat you in the 2013 Grand Final with Hodge and Mitchell.
Just LOL.

These players that came up through state leagues seem to hit the ground in the AFL but have a short shelf life.
Sam Mitchell?

Incidentally then trade that gave the Hawks the pick that the Hawks used on Mitchell could also be considered in this list, although none of them match the infamous Stephen O'Reilly trade, which in another coincidence, also had its origins in a decent Geelong player going back west

B grade mid. Solid without being great. Paid overs. It happens. Not the worst trade ever though.

Pretty sure you're the upset one in this thread.

Seriously, you actually care that he took his family with him to the hub. As a West Coaster I don't even care, at least he went to the hub..
Cool as a cucumber...anyway you might not but then again you‘re not a player seeing divas in action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reality check: ... PICK 1.

LOL, the stupidity of that deal peaked when Hawthorn beat you in the 2013 Grand Final with Hodge and Mitchell.
Just LOL.
IMO Pick 1 and Pick 36 (or whatever it was for Mitchell) meant a lot more to Hawthorn than it would have to Fremantle.

Sometimes we make the assumption that player X or Y would have been the same player no matter which team they joined - and that it's the recruiter's fault for picking duds. However, environment and influences count for so much at a club. I don't think - with all due respect - Hodge would have been the same player at Freo that he was at Hawthorn. Fremantle were consistent cellar-dwellers at the time IIRC and, as GC and Melbourne show, that's not great for anyone's development. They needed a developed player to set themselves up and support younger players.

There's certainly no guarantee that Freo would have selected Sam Mitchell.

Kelly is a gun and I think he will come good shortly. Eagles back home and I suspect will get a roll soon. They are in the window and their decision to go hard for him makes sense. Why wouldn't you if it's about winning premierships?

I often wonder if some posters have ever played sport .You can't always be up and form varies.

Kelly is a gun and I think he will come good shortly. Eagles back home and I suspect will get a roll soon. They are in the window and their decision to go hard for him makes sense. Why wouldn't you if it's about winning premierships?

I often wonder if some posters have ever played sport .You can't always be up and form varies.
For mine, the silly part of this trade is not the value - it's that they went a year too late. They might have snagged one if they got Kelly last year. This year, with another year on the likes of Hurn, Kennedy, NicNat etc, it's a bit late.

Geelong received pick 14, 24, 37 and what is looking like a top 5 pick in 2020. As well as signing him to a 5 million dollar deal. It’s very early days. But it’s hard to justify trading 4 early draft picks for one player. He looks like a shell of the player he was now he’s surrounded by flakey midfielders. Could this go down as one of the worst trades in history?
BOG today ya muppet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back