• No Priority - Will Go

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • No Priority - Wont Go

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Non-refundable deposit is pretty s**t. I mean you're better off going it alone with flex fares as long as you'll spend the money on other flights in the next 12 months.

Non-refundable deposit is pretty sh*t. I mean you're better off going it alone with flex fares as long as you'll spend the money on other flights in the next 12 months.

Agree

Non-refundable deposit is pretty sh*t. I mean you're better off going it alone with flex fares as long as you'll spend the money on other flights in the next 12 months.
I was looking at the Jetstar flex and its like a 90$ cancellation fee. On top of the already >$1000 return cost.

So honestly it's looking like this club idea may be better. Im not sure i don't understand all the flex rules, but 1600 for flights locked in and accom isn't terrible. Its more than I wanted to spend, but if I can't drive it looks the only option.

I want to know how all our fans will get there. Theres nearly 8000 port fans that'll be heading up. Thats something like 26 completely full A330 flights up and back. Thats a shitload before you consider already booked flights for business and tourists.
Qantas and Virgin would need to pull a stack of planes out of hibernation to accommodate all this movement. I feel like we may see a scenario where many people who get a game ticket can't actually get to the ground in the end.

Flights are now at least $1200 return. No doubt this will keep many families away

the silly thing is the club haven't even communicated how the allocation is likely to play out before they send travel deals through. I have a gf guarantee as part of my membership in normal years however who knows what the club will do with allocation - what happens if i book the travel option through the club and cant get tickets.

Booked the package deal with the club offer. WOO HOO! All we have to do is get there 😂
Did my package deal today. I’m prepared to lose the $70 deposit if we don’t make it. Although a bit worried if the whole shooting match was called off. Come on down travel insurance!

Last edited:
the silly thing is the club haven't even communicated how the allocation is likely to play out before they send travel deals through. I have a gf guarantee as part of my membership in normal years however who knows what the club will do with allocation - what happens if i book the travel option through the club and cant get tickets.

Apparently there’s 8000 GF ticket allocation to club with 10000 members eligible priority 1 so my concern like yours if I lash out on two packages with TASA there’s no guarantee of a GF tickets it’s risky .
Having said that the package is reasonable comparing prices atm one plane filled starting on a second one apparently & don’t know what limit will be .
Anyway thought I share this info.
Good luck to all , Go Ports !!

Apparently there’s 8000 GF ticket allocation to club with 10000 members eligible priority 1 so my concern like yours if I lash out on two packages with TASA there’s no guarantee of a GF tickets it’s risky .
Having said that the package is reasonable comparing prices atm one plane filled starting on a second one apparently & don’t know what limit will be .
Anyway thought I share this info.
Good luck to all , Go Ports !!
i just rang to ask the question, they are not 100% sure but they said 11,000 with a gf guarantee normally. The person I spoke to said likely 3 priorities - club1870/black diamond as priority 1, platnium etc as priority 2.

reading the fine print of tasa its your responsibility of a ticket and you will be charged if you cant get a ticket.

I was tossing it up, but I have decided to pass, as the cost is astronomical, my mother is due to come home from hospital that day, plus I have to work early Monday morning. If we make it I will have some friends over to watch the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to know how all our fans will get there. Theres nearly 8000 port fans that'll be heading up. Thats something like 26 completely full A330 flights up and back. Thats a shitload before you consider already booked flights for business and tourists.
Qantas and Virgin would need to pull a stack of planes out of hibernation to accommodate all this movement. I feel like we may see a scenario where many people who get a game ticket can't actually get to the ground in the end.
Yeah this is almost certainly going to happen.

Hopefully people aren't ridiculous enough to buy tickets to the game without a way to get there; surely not

Details on the club website
13f482b2ff785546154d3ae03ce30614.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Qantas have added one ADL-BNE flight on Saturday (10:00) and two BNE-ADL flight on Sunday (11:00 and 12:10) that weren't there before, obviously in response to demand... if anyone wants to book some flex tickets.

Hopefully people aren't ridiculous enough to buy tickets to the game without a way to get there; surely not

No hesitation to road trip this if the Queensland government allows this but refuse to pay the exorbitant airfares.
Nearly tempted to buy tickets just to deny any Brisbane bandwagoners entry.

No hesitation to road trip this if the Queensland government allows this but refuse to pay the exorbitant airfares.
How many bandwagoners are going to fork out $400 each for entry. Much more likely you'll just be denying a seat for a fellow passionate supporter like yourself.

You would be taking tickets from the Port quota, not the Brisbane one.

After much agonising i have come to the realisation that this really isnt happening for me.
Getting to brisbane plus accomodation plus GF ticket is far too cost prohibitive

As road wont be an option either it looks like i will either just watch the game with some mates or if they put something on at Alberton i'll go there

To think that i vowed never to miss going to the GF if Port are playing and then it happening is stinging a bit

Still.. gotta win this week first

If Port get in I would put money on Qantas / Virgin and Jetstar all putting on extra flights, given they have planes and staff hanging around doing nothing and Pilots that need to fly asap or will have to be retrained it would be a win / win for both the supporters and the airlines, they probably just aren't putting them on until teams are confirmed.

for those of us planning to go, is there any covid related applications we need to be filling out before we're allowed out or back in the state?
Pretty sure there is but don't quote me on it. Maybe check out the government websites. Pretty sure you have to fill out a form to enter Queensland as well.

Back