WRFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great win by Spotswood (without T Langlands, McGhie, Baker, Fogarty, Audley, Phillips, Pope, Hucker, Cassidy) over Hoppers.

That is quite a few players, when are they expected back.

Hoppers had a fair few out also, so result was a fair reflection of each squad I would think.

That is quite a few players, when are they expected back.

Hoppers had a fair few out also, so result was a fair reflection of each squad I would think.

I don't know when they will be back, maybe someone from Spotwood can tell us.
My Hoppers source told me they were "at full strength". That was at half-time when they looked like winning. I then asked some Spotswood people if they had any out.
That's why I said it was a good win by Spotswood.

I don't know when they will be back, maybe someone from Spotwood can tell us.
My Hoppers source told me they were "at full strength". That was at half-time when they looked like winning. I then asked some Spotswood people if they had any out.
That's why I said it was a good win by Spotswood.

Hoppers players that didn't play on the weekend;
Matt Ryan ( last years B&F ).
Coles got called up to Nth Bullants.
Terry Knight, kicked 14 Goals in the first two games of the year, should be back for Port Colts Game.
Scotty Greenhough called up to the Western Jets for the next couple of games at least, has been the first choice Ruckman all year with a couple of outstanding games.

These are the ones that I know of, could be more ?

Maybe TIGE19 can enlighten us.

Hoppers are getting better week to week, the Colts game will decide 3rd spot even this early on.

Rock - I will try not to cast debate or doubt on D'altera as he is no doubt in good touch (and possibly best young forward in comp), but think most teams have a number of options forward where the Devils very much focus on going through your boy:D also think Cloke has heaps support plus good delivery, Gestier (Deer Park) impressive though now injured, Carey will kick a few bags, Colts multi pronged but with Urch who knows, Wiggins/Goring going OK plus other teams look at multiple options. Interesting topic though:thumbsu:

Tips Round 8
Altona v Deer Park - Vikings at home, though think Deer Park will match up good and be closer then people think. Vikings by 23 points
Colts v Sunshine - Sunshine by 14 points (biased I know)
Heights v Albion - Interesting game, Krainski played 2's last week so think he will play & no doubt help. Albion 22 points
Spotty v Hoppers - Not sure what happened last week to the dream team, but must say Hoppers are better then I thought. Spotty at home by 34 points
St Albans v Nth Foots - Having seen both reckon this has match of the day all over it, Devils very quick + Saints obviously done well last week. Jenkins is massive to this games outcome, but I am going the Devils in what I would consider an upset being the Saints home game. Nth Foots by 2 points

Wheres the WRFL tipping champion Gangster??? Weapons intellectual commentary (funny no deer park polo comment), GB50, Rumourman and his big nose, anyone wishing to add some novelty to a boring forum:confused:

still around and still no deer park polo.......got plenty in the draw....havnt been to many games over the last month so i wont comment.......

going on injuries good to see the club promoting u/18 players into the fold........in past years it hasnt been an option so good on jimmy (spotiitis) condos......over the past month or so hasnt seen any wins against finals contenders which is a worry.......though the upside is like i said young player promotion and keeping the main injured players in cotton wool for the tough run home........hopefully all i think 8 or 9 of them will be ready to go after the break and the 20 pt losses(sunshine-hoppers) and good starts(altona) wont go to waste......we are very competitive which im pumped about but there is a lack of class which tells the tail of the ladder position atm........

now big rumors surrounding mick mcguane(keilor) going to st albans......my sources tell me big money 45 k for 2 years has been thrown at him from st albans.....and im pretty sure they have tried to get him in the past few years........interesting......he has talked before deer parks div 2 grand final games in 06 and 09 and i tell you what the hairs on the back of your neck stand up with the way he speaks about the game......would be a massive get for the goat hearders and the wrfl in general!!!

cheers

Weapons is back -------- from the future (C'mon fella bit early for next year)

Try and get a discussion;

Which club will benefit from the break?

Hoppers - Not many out and the young ruckman now with the jets. (not in my opinion)
Spotty - Fair few injured but none bigger then McGhie (Yep)
Deer Park - Heaps of injuries, but lack of dedication??? (possibly but all teams have injuries)
Altona - Doing all they need to do (no benefit, going along nicely)
Albion - couple of injuries, but unknown really (???)
Nth Foots - Young Kids will need a break (Yep)
St Albans - Got some mojo (nope - got a good couple of weeks so halts momentum)
Kangas - Certainly a couple of important players return after break (Yep)
Heights - The older list will enjoy + regroup (Yep)
Colts - Not sure, few injuries but doubts whether they will actually return??? (No)

Apart from that the season has some interest and I am of the opinion Spotty are not as good as everyone thinks. Still think the 2nd half will have some serious surprises but more importantly expect a few clubs to get better with experience.

Interesting article in today's papers about gambling sites offering bets on local games. Certainly adds another dimension to the matches. If your club does not have a gambling policy I suspect it will in the not too distant future.

Hoppers - Not many out and the young ruckman now with the jets. (not in my opinion)
Deer Park - Heaps of injuries, but lack of dedication??? (possibly but all teams have injuries)
Colts - Not sure, few injuries but doubts whether they will actually return??? (No)

Apart from that the season has some interest and I am of the opinion Spotty are not as good as everyone thinks. Still think the 2nd half will have some serious surprises but more importantly expect a few clubs to get better with experience.

always trying to put a good man down!!!!

:eek:

:eek:[/quote]

Been shithouse for five years ?

Bucky - Clarify my statement; Spotswood are as not as far ahead of others in my opinion (still the measuring stick no doubt).

Kouta to play against Sunny Heights??? (Condos still out whispero_O)

Tips Round 9
Albion v St Albans - Expect this to be physical and go with the Cats at home by 23 points
Deer Park v Heights - Deer Park by 102 points (Happy with four wins IMO)
Hoppers v Colts - Hoppers by 15 points (Hoppers too quick for Colts)
Nth Foots v Spotty - Spotty by 85 points (Sorry Rock, think Spotty will like Roberts St)
Suns v Altona - Kangas by 14 points (Expect this to be a real good game)

Could be an interesting ladder after this round:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bucky - Clarify my statement; Spotswood are as not as far ahead of others in my opinion (still the measuring stick no doubt).

Kouta to play against Sunny Heights??? (Condos still out whispero_O)

Tips Round 9
Albion v St Albans - Expect this to be physical and go with the Cats at home by 23 points
Deer Park v Heights - Deer Park by 102 points (Happy with four wins IMO)
Hoppers v Colts - Hoppers by 15 points (Hoppers too quick for Colts)
Nth Foots v Spotty - Spotty by 85 points (Sorry Rock, think Spotty will like Roberts St)
Suns v Altona - Kangas by 14 points (Expect this to be a real good game)

Could be an interesting ladder after this round:thumbsu:

the only interesting thing in my opinion is that sunshine got pumped 100 plus gee whizz......can only be good for my mob as we sit in the top 5 replacing the kanga's!!!!

yes ill take the bait because it makes you look silly!!!! ill take 4 wins and in the 5.......pppffftttt

can anyone tell me who the guns of altona are?
20 goal win against sunshine at sunshine i wasnt expecting
where has the improvement come from?

can anyone tell me who the guns of altona are?
20 goal win against sunshine at sunshine i wasnt expecting
where has the improvement come from?
Why ? Both Altona and Spotty will dish out hidings like that to the majority of the competition bar Hoppers and the Colts. Deer Park Probably deserve a bit of credit but outside the top 4 sides the rest are rubbish. Competition is getting weaker every year.

Tips: Can't be bothered:thumbsu:

Hope all teams are prepared for the wet, something we have not experienced to this level for a while. Half way through and I will reaffirm my statement Spotty not the only side in the race. Altona are the real deal and with the question around how the play???

Very quick, spread very well, hurt you on turnovers, well balanced side across the ground with only concern being the defence (minimal). Very impressed with the way the forward structure works which if you look at the results they always get multiple goal kickers and not reliant on one big forward.

Players such as Healy (quick), Kennedy, and usual suspects Russo, Miles top quality in WRFL. They were just beat by Spotty in the finals last year, but are in my opinion easily a ten goal better side then last season.

TTR

Tips: Can't be bothered:thumbsu:

Hope all teams are prepared for the wet, something we have not experienced to this level for a while. Half way through and I will reaffirm my statement Spotty not the only side in the race. Altona are the real deal and with the question around how the play???

Very quick, spread very well, hurt you on turnovers, well balanced side across the ground with only concern being the defence (minimal). Very impressed with the way the forward structure works which if you look at the results they always get multiple goal kickers and not reliant on one big forward.

Players such as Healy (quick), Kennedy, and usual suspects Russo, Miles top quality in WRFL. They were just beat by Spotty in the finals last year, but are in my opinion easily a ten goal better side then last season.

TTR

multiple goal kickers week in week out.......spot on......tough to stop.......

interesting action at albion vs spotty today! after the u/18 game while an albion player was being driven away...8 spotty under 18 players surround the car blocking the exit....soon got ugly..one spotty play kicking an albion offical and abusing members of tthe albion comittee...great work by albion to diffuse the situation...and not much support by spotswood....and from a personal view...wish i has let go of the albion person i was holding back....certain spotty under 18's have to be taught a lesson...kudos to c okeefe for trying...without influence

Always a good sight to see Port crumble in the last
Gee what an insightful post!!!! Colts didnt crumble,they were just completely outrun and outplayed by a very very good side. If you knew what you were talking about you would know that Altona have been playing huge 2nd halfs and in particular last qtrs in some crushing wins this year,so yesterday was no surprise. Spotty deservedly still flag favourites but this Altona side is the team to beat.A full strength Spotty against Altona in the GF would be a great decider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back