WRFL Division 2 - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What’s happening down at Point Cook Centrals?
*Sanctionless sharks.

The lack of response to your question, says to me no one knows them as the alias Point Cook Centrals......

They’ve lost 2 games in a row to teams below them
I’m hearing there coach has given them a big spray
And other things going on such as going over points?

They are the best at 'manipulating' points. Don't do themselves any favours when they are at maximum points and player missing out and then go and recruit 3 point players just before the clearance cut off

They are the best at 'manipulating' points. Don't do themselves any favours when they are at maximum points and player missing out and then go and recruit 3 point players just before the clearance cut off

So they are good at using the system to its limits??

Lol like every other club wouldn’t do that if they could.

Won a Div 3 flag after having to do a complete rebuild from the original coach and have been more than competitive in Div 2. Especially with the bulldogs just down the road with ten million juniors.

How about some of you start backing clubs and supporting them instead of having petty swipes at them and watching them fall away and enjoying their downfall.

Apart from money the biggest issue with local footy is the petty b!tching and lack of cooperation between clubs to help build the whole league. Everyone just wants to knife other clubs so they disappear and everyone else feasts on the scraps

So they are good at using the system to its limits??

Lol like every other club wouldn’t do that if they could.

Won a Div 3 flag after having to do a complete rebuild from the original coach and have been more than competitive in Div 2. Especially with the bulldogs just down the road with ten million juniors.

How about some of you start backing clubs and supporting them instead of having petty swipes at them and watching them fall away and enjoying their downfall.

Apart from money the biggest issue with local footy is the petty b!tching and lack of cooperation between clubs to help build the whole league. Everyone just wants to knife other clubs so they disappear and everyone else feasts on the scraps

So they are good at using the system to its limits and more??
Every club wouldn't do it because the system doesn't allow it, unless you 'incorrectly' allocate points and the league lets you off.

Yes, they did well winning Div 3 flag and are going OK this year. Not sure what the bulldogs with ten million juniors has got to do with it. They should be asking themselves why they haven't grown their juniors.

He thinks what they did was acceptable. Says a lot.

No I know exactly what happened and that other clubs did exactly the same thing so I won’t pinpoint one club for the same actions as several others did but certain people only cared about the Sharks because they won.

I was involved in two clubs that got points dispensation from the league and as I said I’m happy to stand by the fact that both teams got credits for several reasons

One won and people cared, the other didn’t and no one gave a sh!t

No I know exactly what happened and that other clubs did exactly the same thing so I won’t pinpoint one club for the same actions as several others did but certain people only cared about the Sharks because they won.

I was involved in two clubs that got points dispensation from the league and as I said I’m happy to stand by the fact that both teams got credits for several reasons

One won and people cared, the other didn’t and no one gave a sh!t

You were involved in 2 clubs that got points dispensation ..... seems to be a common theme here!
Why clubs get points dispensation is beyond me, everyone should have the same rules, however, if they did, then the league needs to be open and transparent and let all clubs know the reasons and then it may stop the rumours.
It appears they have got dispensation again as they have a player playing on 3 points who I believe should be on 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You were involved in 2 clubs that got points dispensation ..... seems to be a common theme here!
Why clubs get points dispensation is beyond me, everyone should have the same rules, however, if they did, then the league needs to be open and transparent and let all clubs know the reasons and then it may stop the rumours.
It appears they have got dispensation again as they have a player playing on 3 points who I believe should be on 4.

I was only aware of the points at one club. I had no input over them in anyway

The second club I was part of the process that asked for the points reductions and am more than happy to admit that we did get several players points dropped. I’d also think that of the two clubs I know of were involved then it would be extremely likely more of the “new” clubs would have received the same.

I can’t speak for current day at any club.

The second club I was part of the process that asked for the points reductions and am more than happy to admit that we did get several players points dropped. I’d also think that of the two clubs I know of were involved then it would be extremely likely more of the “new” clubs would have received the same.

That is completely the wrong way of going about it and typical of the league hiding decisions it makes that may cause issues if known. Player points should not be 'dropped' as this means they are less than what they should be each year thereafter.
What should happen is that the teams points are increased for that year eg instead of 45 give them 48. This would then be transparent to all clubs.

That is completely the wrong way of going about it and typical of the league hiding decisions it makes that may cause issues if known. Player points should not be 'dropped' as this means they are less than what they should be each year thereafter.
What should happen is that the teams points are increased for that year eg instead of 45 give them 48. This would then be transparent to all clubs.

I’m not making comment on what is right or wrong I’m simply saying that anyone that suggests only one club was involved is completely wrong.

The league brought the points in the year before they became official and I’d bet all clubs tried to get every player in as low points as they could to therefore help the points if the player stayed at said club the next year.

Too many people here blaming individual clubs and not the body that allowed the manipulation of the system.

I’m not making comment on what is right or wrong I’m simply saying that anyone that suggests only one club was involved is completely wrong.

The league brought the points in the year before they became official and I’d bet all clubs tried to get every player in as low points as they could to therefore help the points if the player stayed at said club the next year.

Too many people here blaming individual clubs and not the body that allowed the manipulation of the system.

Hey Matt, if as you say clubs were trying to get players points as low as possible and therefore “maybe” not being totally honest can’t put total blame on the league.. Clubs have a responsibility to be honest and transparent. Personally think that’s bad club policy and being dishonest..

The points system was introduced by AFL Vic not local leagues, and it was more work for them to do. Not sure the league is at fault as to go through each players points and cross check them is a long process.

Hey Matt, if as you say clubs were trying to get players points as low as possible and therefore “maybe” not being totally honest can’t put total blame on the league.. Clubs have a responsibility to be honest and transparent. Personally think that’s bad club policy and being dishonest..

The points system was introduced by AFL Vic not local leagues, and it was more work for them to do. Not sure the league is at fault as to go through each players points and cross check them is a long process.
It's a combination of the two. How does Caro lose 4 points and not anyone else?

It's a combination of the two. How does Caro lose 4 points and not anyone else?

Exactly right. That’s more policing the rules. I think it’s fair enough to penalise a club for any breaches but need to be consistent and penalise others as well. That’s not hard for the league to do surely.

In my experience each player that clubs had challenged their points was looked at by the league and the league made a judgement and in a lot of cases changed the points

If the league stood strong and didn’t do this there wouldn’t have been any problems

No hand outs with us done it the hard way and more importantly by the rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back