WRFL, the $fl’s loser third cousin

Remove this Banner Ad

What do they do at Whitten besides sitting around sipping tea and puffing each other up about how great they are.

How much of the clubs money are they spending on those stupid awards?

What are the fees they ask for each season spent on besides those interviews they upload once a month or add to Facebook occasionally, or the weak attempts to portray themselves as the best league in Melbourne.

They don’t even have the best western women’s club in the Western League ffs.

What about the sign on fee they hand over to the $fl without even giving anyone any prior knowledge, no wonder we are losing out to soccer in this area.

The league bumbles around and expects the clubs to do all the hard work and offers little in return.

The league is a joke.

Have you been for a drive out here in the west mate?

Play 'spot the Aussie' next time you do. That's why footy sucks here.

I live in the west. Mate.

You might not be old enough to realise that Australia and I’ll use Melbourne in this instance has had migrants and immigrants coming here for way over fifty years and it never seemed to have much of a hindrance until the new millennium.

I put it down to the leagues sitting on their arses filling their pockets instead of getting out there and spreading the word instead of sitting in front of their computers posting about stupid awards no one but themselves give a s**t about.

I’ve got an idea, how about they get a table and some chairs and head down to Nicholson st or Barkly st in Footscray or head on over to Devonshire rd or Hampshire rd in Sunshine or what about Brimbank Shopping Centre or any of the other areas they think they rule over.

No wonder Burnside joined the edfl and the Saints want to join them.

Waste of oxygen down their.

Kids would rather play Fortnite and watch Netflix these days and parents are happy for them to do it.

Most likely the same peoples who run the league, and our hospitals and our schools and our governments.

What do they do at Whitten besides sitting around sipping tea and puffing each other up about how great they are.

How much of the clubs money are they spending on those stupid awards?

What are the fees they ask for each season spent on
besides those interviews they upload once a month or add to Facebook occasionally, or the weak attempts to portray themselves as the best league in Melbourne.

They don’t even have the best western women’s club in the Western League ffs.

What about the sign on fee they hand over to the $fl without even giving anyone any prior knowledge, no wonder we are losing out to soccer in this area.

The league bumbles around and expects the clubs to do all the hard work and offers little in return.

The league is a joke.
I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest you haven’t cast your eyes over the annual report?

There’s a bit more that goes into running a league then getting down the street and handing out flyers, and it’s not a cheap exercise.

As an aside, are there any well run leagues across Victoria? Every Bigfooty league forum I go on is full of nuffies taking pot shots at their respective leagues, thinking they can do a better job.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest you haven’t cast your eyes over the annual report?

There’s a bit more that goes into running a league then getting down the street and handing out flyers, and it’s not a cheap exercise.

As an aside, are there any well run leagues across Victoria? Every Bigfooty league forum I go on is full of nuffies taking pot shots at their respective leagues, thinking they can do a better job.

I see Laverton Magpie liked your post,
Strange if he has nothing to do with a side that's been virtually forgotten about by the league.

So the prop ups that this league gets from above is it's only profit?
It's not cheap when you have people on wages that range from fifty thousand to almost two hundred thousand a season while clubs struggle to pay their light bills and the leases on their grounds.

You talk about all leagues, that's nice but i made this thread about the uselessness of the WRFL and it's only getting worse.

So the WRFL was going to have a thirds league in 2020 yet in 2021 they didn’t get it up but allowed two clubs to enter Riddells comp.

Western Rams and Burnside should be in the WRFL and why didn’t they approach Eynesbury as soon as they knew about them?

So the WRFL was going to have a thirds league in 2020 yet in 2021 they didn’t get it up but allowed two clubs to enter Riddells comp.

Western Rams and Burnside should be in the WRFL and why didn’t they approach Eynesbury as soon as they knew about them?

I think 2021 is all about consolidating what we've got and getting through a season.

I'm guessing the League itself stripped back to bare bones to save some $ and wasn't in the best position to plan and go ahead with a 3rds comp. Riddell's was already in place.

WRFL Thirds will come.

Often wonder why Eynesbury weren't pursued harder by the WRFL and they are now preparing for senior football.

Burnside met with both WRFL and EDFL and the club chose the latter. Heard the larger junior comp with multiple levels was one of the reasons they went there but they are finding it difficult to get out of the 3rd tier there, maybe more suited to progress in the WRFL but not to be. Rockbank may end up in the WRFL, I think divisional football would suit them better.

Why not?

Burnside, Melton teams, Rockbank should all be in the WRFL. Werribee Centrals another.

WRFL Div 3 is almost a joke. 7 team comp with Laverton and North Sunshine absolute rabbles. Need to inject some more expansion teams in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back