Science/Environment Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - HCQ doesn't work - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is continued in Part 4:

with cases down to a low level DHHS needs to get its act together.
They need to have firm and clear directions.
Someone catches it you get there face to face contact fast. Bring a translator.

"You have Covid19, you are quarantined, you may not go to work, we have contacted your employer and told him you are not to work.
" You live with Huey Duey and Louie, and they are also quarantined "
"None of you leave home"
"We will come and tell you when you are allowed to leave quarantine"
"If you have any problems or personal issues with anything we have a case worker to help you, he/she can arrange extra food, a plumber ,anything you need".
"None of you leave home"
"There are big fines if you leave home".
"None of you leave home"

Give them a paper copy of the above in whichever languages they can read.

"You have Covid19, you are quarantined, you may not go to work, we have contacted your employer and told him you are not to work.
"None of you leave home"
"If you have any problems or personal issues with anything we have a case worker to help you, he/she can arrange extra food, a plumber ,anything you need".
"None of you leave home"
"None of you leave home"

In fact, Dan has moved those eleven families to quarantine accommodation - dare I mention hotels? He said so yesterday. I think he/they have gone past "telling" people to stay home as they clearly won't.

"None of you leave home"
"None of you leave home"
"None of you leave home"

I'm not sure i'm clear on whether or not we can leave home though.

What if I want to go for a run? Can I leave home?

What if I want to go visit my neighbour Frank? Can I leave home?

I don't recall you saying whether I could go visit my second cousin Albert? Can I do that?

In fact, Dan has moved those eleven families to quarantine accommodation - dare I mention hotels? He said so yesterday. I think he/they have gone past "telling" people to stay home as they clearly won't.

this has been in place since the beginning. people who need more secure accommodation are able to go into the hotel detention system

i know this is something we were thinking of doing for me if my test came in positive and my wife/MIL were negative (i was the only crook one in our house first time i tested)

There didn't seem to be any real evidence of a link between the government reactions and outcomes. Interesting that South Africa with the early, stringent lockdown has had nearly 20k deaths while Tanzania, with the same population and minimal reaction, has less than 50.

The average life expectancy in Africa is 62/63.

The average life expectancy in Australia is 82.

The average age of mortality from Covid in Australia seems to be 81.

Is it surprising Africa has fewer deaths?

Media has scared most sane Australians and western citizens into believing they are at risk of death when they are not. Why do we ignore The Science to play to fear?

Can someone explain:

Melbourne has been in lockdown more than 2 months. "Target" case daily numbers for easing have been set. Even with that lockdown, clusters are still forming and spreading, therefore daily numbers not reaching those targets.

If this is occurring during lockdown, then how does MORE lockdown mean that Melbourne will ever reach those targets? Stay locked down for ever until it slowly sweeps through the whole population?

Depends on what we do with internationals. If we ban overseas holidays and lock tourists out for the next 1-2 years, we should be ok.

been hearing rumours that there is big pressure to open up indian and chinese movements into australia from both the construction sector and the education sector. given these migrants and students have basically kept australia out of recession in recent years, i wouldnt be surprised if we see the doors thrown open prior to next years uni commencement

been hearing rumours that there is big pressure to open up indian and chinese movements into australia from both the construction sector and the education sector. given these migrants and students have basically kept australia out of recession in recent years, i wouldnt be surprised if we see the doors thrown open prior to next years uni commencement
Well considering how rampant it is OS, we're ****ed then.
Although workers and students could isolate 14 days unlike tourists i guess.

Well considering how rampant it is OS, we're f’ed then.

i know uni's have been working on some kind of self quarantine program for students.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone explain:

Melbourne has been in lockdown more than 2 months. "Target" case daily numbers for easing have been set. Even with that lockdown, clusters are still forming and spreading, therefore daily numbers not reaching those targets.

If this is occurring during lockdown, then how does MORE lockdown mean that Melbourne will ever reach those targets? Stay locked down for ever until it slowly sweeps through the whole population?

Wrong.
The people in those clusters were not locked down.
They were in fact ignoring the lock down.
That's why it has dragged out.

No it won't be forever.
Stop acting like a 5 year old in the back seat asking "are we there yet"

Wrong.

No it won't be forever.

he's from perth - he doesnt see whats happening in melbourne as anything other than a political battle

I hope they scrap the 25km restriction. Unlikely, but if someone that had it, and was 25 km from their home, gave it to someone that was 25 km from their home...the bloody thing has just spread from one side of Melb to the other side anyway.

People in Werribee and Hoppers can't get past Richmond.
Do you remember our previous level 3 lockdown? People were driving 50km for their daily exercise.
A lot of the rural outbreaks have been caused by irresponsible city dwellers who shouldn't have been there.

Well considering how rampant it is OS, we're f’ed then.

You could probably have a system where you had to have a positive test within 2 weeks of leaving , then have another upon arrival, ( quarantining until the result comes in ).
You'd have to have a trust in the places providing the OS result though. Its hard to trust anyone at the moment.

Would be a crappy system for tourists, but ok for workers or students.

Who cares Sweden had 8000 deaths. Their entire population is double Melbourne.
So they brought it forward...clever Sweden.

It's not just about Sweden. Did you read the Great Barrington Declaration? And the qualifications of those who signed it?

The Great Barrington Declaration – As infectious disease epidemiologists and public health scientists we have grave concerns about the damaging physical and mental health impacts of the prevailing COVID-19 policies, and recommend an approach we call Focused Protection.​
Coming from both the left and right, and around the world, we have devoted our careers to protecting people. Current lockdown policies are producing devastating effects on short and long-term public health. The results (to name a few) include lower childhood vaccination rates, worsening cardiovascular disease outcomes, fewer cancer screenings and deteriorating mental health – leading to greater excess mortality in years to come, with the working class and younger members of society carrying the heaviest burden. Keeping students out of school is a grave injustice.​
Keeping these measures in place until a vaccine is available will cause irreparable damage, with the underprivileged disproportionately harmed.​
Fortunately, our understanding of the virus is growing. We know that vulnerability to death from COVID-19 is more than a thousand-fold higher in the old and infirm than the young. Indeed, for children, COVID-19 is less dangerous than many other harms, including influenza.​
As immunity builds in the population, the risk of infection to all – including the vulnerable – falls. We know that all populations will eventually reach herd immunity – i.e. the point at which the rate of new infections is stable – and that this can be assisted by (but is not dependent upon) a vaccine. Our goal should therefore be to minimize mortality and social harm until we reach herd immunity.​
The most compassionate approach that balances the risks and benefits of reaching herd immunity, is to allow those who are at minimal risk of death to live their lives normally to build up immunity to the virus through natural infection, while better protecting those who are at highest risk. We call this Focused Protection.​
Adopting measures to protect the vulnerable should be the central aim of public health responses to COVID-19. By way of example, nursing homes should use staff with acquired immunity and perform frequent PCR testing of other staff and all visitors. Staff rotation should be minimized. Retired people living at home should have groceries and other essentials delivered to their home. When possible, they should meet family members outside rather than inside. A comprehensive and detailed list of measures, including approaches to multi-generational households, can be implemented, and is well within the scope and capability of public health professionals.​
Those who are not vulnerable should immediately be allowed to resume life as normal. Simple hygiene measures, such as hand washing and staying home when sick should be practiced by everyone to reduce the herd immunity threshold. Schools and universities should be open for in-person teaching. Extracurricular activities, such as sports, should be resumed. Young low-risk adults should work normally, rather than from home. Restaurants and other businesses should open. Arts, music, sport and other cultural activities should resume. People who are more at risk may participate if they wish, while society as a whole enjoys the protection conferred upon the vulnerable by those who have built up herd immunity.​

whats happening in the usa and europe is a disaster. They are now heading into winter. Scary stuff.

can we talk less about victoria on this board please.
Can talk about vic in the Dan Andrews thread which currently is very covid focused

People in Werribee and Hoppers can't get past Richmond.
Do you remember our previous level 3 lockdown? People were driving 50km for their daily exercise.
A lot of the rural outbreaks have been caused by irresponsible city dwellers who shouldn't have been there.
Yeah..unfortunately after being lock down for so long...whenever they are relaxed people will take full advantage of what they can. This will happen if things are relaxed today or in 6 months. I just feel it is time to see how things go though. Other states have been able to handle things with this level of infection well.

I posted ages ago, when we were allowed 20 visitors, about someone i knew that had a party of 20 people on the friday night, same number on Saturday night and again Sunday arvo. I am well aware of the dickheads out there. I have had to watch my neighbour have visitors coming and going from their home regularly during lockdown, whilst we have followed the rules as well as we can. I have 2 young adults in my home and their mental health is at an all time low.
Went for a kick with one of them yesterday at the local oval and there were about 10 dads up there drinking beers from an eski, with 20 of their kids mucking around playing footy together celebrating richmonds win. My kids are continually at me now to do stuff as a hell of a lot of others are just doing whatever they like already. It is bloody hard to stay the course. One of them has quit his studies as he was not coping with it being online (commercial cooking), has basically been in his room for 7 months and has just asked for some professional help. The other...who life is going in a better direction, totally melted down on Grand Final day.

I would love to go for a fish....but I am on the limit for travel and you cannot buy bait as the tackle stores are closed. lol
I love to have a hit of golf...but the pro shop is only allowed to sell bottles of water and green fees. What if you need tees or a ball. lol
I mow lawns and masks are a royal pain in the butt. The amount of stuff that gets in them that causes me to dam near throw up all the time after it gets breathed in. The amount of times my hands go to my face now compared to pre mask times is ridiculous.
Local Cricket is about to start but in reality many of the games are more than 25 kms away.

These are very small, trivial issues...but my point is many of us are jaded...at a wits end constantly thinking about it, doing your best. Just really would love a bit more to make things a bit more normal and easy for a change. It is bloody hard leading a family when you are cooked yourself from it.

Wrong.

No it won't be forever.

Erm this doesn't make sense.

If an inbuilt factor of lockdown is "people were ignoring it" then what is the point of imposing MORE lockdown? Won't there be another group that will ignore it?

Are we to have a forever merry-go-round of lockdown?

The whole thing about a 5 year old is childish. Dan fanboys are soooo myopic. Like, if it wasn't for the corrupt Italian state introducing this wide-scale lockdown back in March, NO-ONE would have even thought about closing off society.

Erm this doesn't make sense.

If an inbuilt factor of lockdown is "people were ignoring it" then what is the point of imposing MORE lockdown? Won't there be another group that will ignore it?

Are we to have a forever merry-go-round of lockdown?

The whole thing about a 5 year old is childish. Dan fanboys are soooo myopic. Like, if it wasn't for the corrupt Italian state introducing this wide-scale lockdown back in March, NO-ONE would have even thought about closing off society.

I've never voted for Dan and i probably never will. Does that make me a fanboy.
But his quote today, " nearly every outbreak was caused by someone visiting someone they shouldn't have been ".

I agree , lawmakers have a tendency to make the laws stricter when laws are ignored.
I often use the speeding analogy, if too many cars are going 80 in the 60 zone, they slow down the limit to 50. Wrong approach.
But i can see why stage four had to come in.

I still think that anyone who broke quarantine after being diagnosed positive should be in jail. Apparently it was rampant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back