Votes: 67 57.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part 2 of this thread.

PART 3 IS HERE --- >
Go there for your Pangolin-rich experience /\

To clarify, I know what they are, I was more wondering what the medical consequences are.

Lung damage? Reversible? Irreversible?

I think the jury is still out Rudy.

Yeah this is what I'm doing. I've got a basic faith that the govt has sincere motives with this app, but they can shove it up their arse if they reckon I'll let it drain the battery when I'm at home.

1587981095800.png

You are not addressing what I said.

What if our low infection/immune rate means we get a second wave and third after we relax restrictions? Our economy enters depression with all the negative social and health implications. Sweden could get through this with their health system being able to cope and without trashing their economy for the next 5 years.

Unless a vaccine turns up then how is Australia and NZ going to avoid the numbers that have occurred elsewhere?

Meanwhile places like London, Stockholm and NY will likely have 30%+ of their population with some sort of immunity within the next month or so.

Idiot journos too thick to work this out. Plenty still asking why lockdown didnt occur earlier.

YOU would never know from the government’s messages – from the daily press conferences to the barrage of ‘stay at home, save lives’ public information – that the peak of deaths in the UK, so critical in influencing views over exiting lockdown, happened weeks ago. Twenty-three days ago in London, on April 4, and 19 days ago, on April 8, for the country as a whole, to be precise

The CEBM data suggests that infections peaked on March 18 and that new infections have been dropping for well over a month now,since before the lockdown even began. When will the public be made aware of this fact? It is surely the government’s duty to be truthful, and keeping us in the dark for the sake of sustaining a narrative of fear to keep everyone compliant with extreme stay-at-home measures is an abdication of that duty.

If we accept the widely quoted average of 21 days between infection and death, peak infection in the UK occurred on March 18 and in London on March 14 – the latter a full ten days before lockdown – how can lockdown be credited with bringing infections down?

Unless a vaccine turns up then how is Australia and NZ going to avoid the numbers that have occurred elsewhere?

Meanwhile places like London, Stockholm and NY will likely have 30%+ of their population with some sort of immunity within the next month or so.
30% is nowhere near herd immunity.
And if immunity only lasts a few months as seems likely, Sweden, UK and USA will have to deal with annual waves of the virus at similar levels to what they have already experienced. If immunity lasts longer, a working vaccine is also more likely.

Idiot journos too thick to work this out. Plenty still asking why lockdown didnt occur earlier.

YOU would never know from the government’s messages – from the daily press conferences to the barrage of ‘stay at home, save lives’ public information – that the peak of deaths in the UK, so critical in influencing views over exiting lockdown, happened weeks ago. Twenty-three days ago in London, on April 4, and 19 days ago, on April 8, for the country as a whole, to be precise

The CEBM data suggests that infections peaked on March 18 and that new infections have been dropping for well over a month now,since before the lockdown even began. When will the public be made aware of this fact? It is surely the government’s duty to be truthful, and keeping us in the dark for the sake of sustaining a narrative of fear to keep everyone compliant with extreme stay-at-home measures is an abdication of that duty.

If we accept the widely quoted average of 21 days between infection and death, peak infection in the UK occurred on March 18 and in London on March 14 – the latter a full ten days before lockdown – how can lockdown be credited with bringing infections down?

Conservative woman? Written by an evangelical conservative man? Oh my.

And if immunity only lasts a few months as seems likely, Sweden, UK and USA will have to deal with annual waves of the virus at similar levels to what they have already experienced. If immunity lasts longer, a working vaccine is also more likely.

I think what meds trying to say is they will reach HI next month.

Here's a few words from someone who knows far more than any of you about the implications of downloading the COVDSafe app.

And she is not downloading it.

Two million Australians will have the coronavirus tracing app on their phones tonight but a top former digital agency public servant won't download it because of the government's track record with people's data.

Professor Lesley Seebeck, the former Digital Transformation Agency chief investment and advisory officer who is now the head of the Australian National University Cyber Institute, said the government had a history of grabbing as much data as it could under technology and security laws.

"I am concerned because once these things are taken you don't get them back," Professor Seebeck said. "The government does not have a record of rolling any of these things back."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

30% may well be on the low side. Nonetheless its clearly way above the rate in Australia.

Not sure why you think immunity will only last a few months.

Why do so many people these days think it’s smart and cool to think everything is a hoax, a conspiracy etc?

Have people gotten dumber?

I feel like the world has descended into madness with current iteration of right wing politics coming out of the U.S. It's completely viral (sorry) and has layers and layers of crazy. I'm traditionally liberal but will never gel with this stuff - traditional conservationism was based in moral responsibility but this stuff is just greed and manipulating people through fear and hyperbole. (You've got to have guns bc the government is coming to get you, stopping a virus by staying at home is taking away your freedoms)
it's just utterly irrational. Scares me that it's coming here. At the moment Andrew Bolt is arguing that the Covid lockdown is some kind of left wing conspiracy even though state and federal are pretty similar in approach across the board. Sometimes, surely, you've just got to shut up and try get through it together.

I think what meds trying to say is they will reach HI next month.

Yep. Gutsy call by the Swedes. If they are right then there will be egg on a lot of faces.

............who is now the head of the Australian National University Cyber Institute, said the government had a history of grabbing as much data as it could under technology and security laws...................

Not for much longer.

Why do so many people these days think it’s smart and cool to think everything is a hoax, a conspiracy etc?

Have people gotten dumber?
... hang on.. what’s the hidden meaning of this??

I know it’s Something!

And what happens if the virus causes permanent lung damage? sorry but borders can stay closed forever until we figure out what the damage is.

Here's a few words from someone who knows far more than any of you about the implications of downloading the COVDSafe app.

And she is not downloading it.

Two million Australians will have the coronavirus tracing app on their phones tonight but a top former digital agency public servant won't download it because of the government's track record with people's data.

Professor Lesley Seebeck, the former Digital Transformation Agency chief investment and advisory officer who is now the head of the Australian National University Cyber Institute, said the government had a history of grabbing as much data as it could under technology and security laws.

"I am concerned because once these things are taken you don't get them back," Professor Seebeck said. "The government does not have a record of rolling any of these things back."

She must be involved in criminal activity

I feel like the world has descended into madness with current iteration of right wing politics coming out of the U.S. It's completely viral (sorry) and has layers and layers of crazy. I'm traditionally liberal but will never gel with this stuff - traditional conservationism was based in moral responsibility but this stuff is just greed and manipulating people through fear and hyperbole. (You've got to have guns bc the government is coming to get you, stopping a virus by staying at home is taking away your freedoms)
it's just utterly irrational. Scares me that it's coming here. At the moment Andrew Bolt is arguing that the Covid lockdown is some kind of left wing conspiracy even though state and federal are pretty similar in approach across the board. Sometimes, surely, you've just got to shut up and try get through it together.
They tend to fall into three categories 1) clinical paranoia 2) intellectual superiority complex 3) criminal tendencies

I’m sorry but I just can’t bring myself to see this as some authoritarian overreach or thin end of the wedge. This is a response to a pandemic, a once in a lifetime event. It may not work, but I’m not in the slightest bit concerned about it.

If only you took the time to proof read what you posted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back