WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion - Part VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF!? They removed the Jaws intro tune from the start of Hurt Business entrance!
That was the best part - so cool and menacing!
Now it’s just nothing background music.

Either someone has meddled because this is wwe after all, or they got copyrighted for the jaws similarity

What was the story again with all the music for that matter?

I remember seeing something about them not using CFO$ anymore. Some of the updated themes have been shockingly bad.

What was the story again with all the music for that matter?

I remember seeing something about them not using CFO$ anymore. Some of the updated themes have been shockingly bad.

they had a falling out with CFO$ or something and have someone else to do the music now. as a result (presumably so they don't have to pay royalties), they're slowly switching out the CFO$ created themes to new themes.

I've posted about this before, but for the past year or so I have slowly worked my way through some RAW eps and the corresponding PPVs from around 96 KOTR onwards. It's taking me forever because I go through phases of doing it and not doing it as I'm only up to like June 97. It's been so crazy to watch the development of RAW from what it was in 96, to what it slowly became in the Attitude Era.

The part I'm in now they've clearly realised Stone Cold is the guy, but the build for him is very slow. The pops get louder and louder slowly and you see the iconic parts of his character slowly revealing themselves, whether it's the vest or the theme song. The show is really built around Taker, the Hart Foundation, HBK and Stone Cold.

One of the coolest things though is seeing their mid card guys who were seemingly around forever. Bob Holly had been around for a while at this stage but it's always funny seeing him with a big head of hair. Then I was shocked this week when RVD and Jeff Hardy had a match. Now this morning Al Snow wrestled under a different name, his opponent was Scott Taylor. I thought jeez who is that, give it a google and of course its Scotty 2 Hotty.

It's virtually what the show was for the next few years though now with the theme song for the show, pan to crowd with the heavy music playing, RAW IS WAR branding, Attitude Era stage and set etc. Just waiting for the new logo.

The takeaway I have though is that there obviously is some nostalgia, although I didn't watch the shows back then as I was 2 years old, but the thing is this was actually deadset good TV. Entertaining as hell. Bit different to the junk now.

so now what for Aleister Black?

Worried for him. Is good for Vega. She got miles more going for her than the WWE will ever properly utilise. Any promotion would have her and also let her do her twitch stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worried for him. Is good for Vega. She got miles more going for her than the WWE will ever properly utilise. Any promotion would have her and also let her do her twitch stuff.

Man I can't really believe how Black has played out on the main roster. It looked for a while they were really keen on him then he was petered out completely this year. So sad to see because he is an absolute star. Same could be said for Riddle and Lee too though. They should be top of the card guys.

Man I can't really believe how Black has played out on the main roster. It looked for a while they were really keen on him then he was petered out completely this year. So sad to see because he is an absolute star. Same could be said for Riddle and Lee too though. They should be top of the card guys.

‘it’s not that surprising, Heyman was a fan, Vince wasn’t.

hopefully also gets released and they both head to AEW
Agree.
Unlike many wrestlers on wwe that have built up a following on character (Rusev day) or entrance music (Bobby Roode) etc, Black has his unique look and cool style.

Vince can trademark the s**t out of a lot of things, but not those (disregarding the recent trend for tattoo artists to retrospecitvely "copyright" their work on other people's bodies)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back