Re: 2011/12 AFC Championship Game: New England vs Baltimore

brandon-spikes-video.jpg

AWWWW YEHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What's with the kissing.

Typical New England greeting. Queers!;):rolleyes:

lo, twat.

That's what Cundiff said to his teammates after he paid karma a visit.

Nice one. :thumbsu:

Were they booing Bledsoe?

Or was that "Dreeeeeeeeeeeeew"?

The latter. We Pats fans have a massive crush on Drew long after his career.

When he was traded by the Patriots he became one of the first sportsmen to buy a full page ad in a major newspaper to thank the fans for all of the support that he received over his career.

Since his retirement he has always done whatever he could for the team.

A great, great guy. :thumbsu:

Now I've calmed down.... Sterling Moore a HUGE play. The whole D really stepped it up when Brady struggled.

But they suck, huh. Patriots can't beat teams with winning records blah blah blah.

Now I've calmed down.... Sterling Moore a HUGE play. The whole D really stepped it up when Brady struggled.

But they suck, huh. Patriots can't beat teams with winning records blah blah blah.
lol way to misinterpret the argument there Rory ;)

Easy to blame the kicker but the ball dropped in the end zone and then 3and1 and you don't give the ball to Ray Rice??? to get 1 yard...

This ^

and this ^...

ah stuff em, we hear the same crap every year...at the end of the day we made enough plays to win the afc this season against the teams we played as always...with a little bit of luck to boot ;) and only one other team can say the same this year and join us in 2 weeks.As BB would say.."ignore the noise."

Typical New England greeting. Queers!;):rolleyes:

How many more times you want to say that? Got something to tell us mate :rolleyes:

brandon-spikes-video.jpg

AWWWW YEHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hell, M'f'n Yeaaaaaahhhhh!

Thank God for Spikes. One of the 3 Patriots who can actually tackle, along with Vince and Mayo.

So good at stopping the run game. Without him we were in big trouble.

The Pats D still sucks, but it sucks just a little less with Chung and Spikes back.

McCourty is maybe the worst tackler I've ever seen. Can't even keep outside contain. Not far behind are Moore and Ihedigbo. Takes just about everyone in the Pats secondary to make a tackle. Only tackle they make are touching the receiver after the catch when he's fallen down.

Moore made the huge play at the end (actually 2 as he batted down the 3rd down pass, too) but its good he did because he was absolutely going to be the goat if the Pats lost. Missed the tackle (short of the 1st) on the 3rd down that was the last TD and also was beaten for what should have been the TD to Evans.

Easy to blame the kicker but the ball dropped in the end zone and then 3and1 and you don't give the ball to Ray Rice??? to get 1 yard...

Lee Evans just couldn't squeeze it. I agree, Evans had the ball in his grasp. Supabah bound.... Not to be. No excuse for a kicker to rush the kick. Harbaugh didn't utilize his TO. Why put your kicker under the pump like that with the clock ticking? :confused:

Cushing, Smith, Watt, Barwin > Fatty :p

If only Mario was healthy :(

HOF Vince Wilfork >>>>>> Cushing + Smith + Watt + Barwin :D

That's what you meant, right?

Honestly, Wilfork is one of the most underrated players in the NFL. Without him the Pats would give up 40+ every game.

He's just a beast. Gets double teamed all the time. 2 gaps, clogs the middle almost all the time. And if you leave him 1 on 1 you see what happens.

Just a fierce bullrush and ends up in your backfield tackling the back or disrupting your QB.

I love that fat bastard! :heart: :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HOF Vince Wilfork >>>>>> Cushing + Smith + Watt + Barwin :D

That's what you meant, right?

Honestly, Wilfork is one of the most underrated players in the NFL. Without him the Pats would give up 40+ every game.

He's just a beast. Gets double teamed all the time. 2 gaps, clogs the middle almost all the time. And if you leave him 1 on 1 you see what happens.

Just a fierce bullrush and ends up in your backfield tackling the back or disrupting your QB.

I love that fat bastard! :heart: :thumbsu:

We know the truth and secretly so does Zarko :thumbsu:

OK, just got to say as a Pats fan -

I feel really dirty right now. Such a shitty way for a great game to end. Baltimore deserved that to go into OT and if it did they probably win because they had all the momentum late on.

Baltimore played better than the Pats. They played about 8 or 9 out of 10 on both offense and defense. Not much more they could have done. A few botched plays but they recovered very well from the slow start, which I didn't think they would do on the road.

The Pats were about a 5 or 6 out of 10 on both offense and defense. Especially playing at home. If you told me Brady would have 0 TDs and 2 picks and we'd fumble a KO return and be -2 in TOs I would absolutely say the Pats would lose. And they probably should have.

A missed 32yd FG is no way to win a game. I'll take it but no Pats fans should be talking s**t right now. Very bad karma.

That being said, I am glad I no longer want to vomit. In a way, it was nice to feel that way again. I really hadn't cared that much about a game since probably 08 when Cassell was making the run for the playoffs at the end. Baltimore playoff game in 09 I missed the start and when I turned it on was already 21-0 so knew it was over. Last year was a bit worried about the Jets but knew from watching it that the Pats were just "off" and wouldn't win. Even if they did, they wouldn't win the SB so never really got that nervous.

Today was just excruciating. In a good way. They played just good enough to win and to make me think both that they could win but also might lose. And it was for a trip to the SB so it meant a lot. It really was good to have that "I can't eat right now I might puke" feeling back for a Pats game. It honestly had been too long.

Its a good thing that I get 2 weeks to recover. I'll probably need it. And I already know that no matter who wins the NFCCG that I'm in for another 3hrs of hell because both teams have defenses that will keep the game close like today.

What the hell happened to the playcalling from 01-04? Charlie Weis, please come back! The play calling the last 8 mins or so was brutal. Just like SB42 and against the Jets last playoffs. Can we mix it up a bit? Throw in a draw or a screen or a wheel route or some trips or something? Way too predictable. Brady under center with one back = run. Brady in SG with 5 wide = pass. And 5 wide isn't working without bunches. Too easy to play bump and run and cover. Its a nightmare. That last pass to Hernandez was WAAAAAY too much like the 3rd down in Indy to Troy Brown in 06. Be a bit creative FFS.

OK, vent over. Must be worse to be a Baltimore fan. I really don't hate them (because I hate the Steelers) and I like Lewis and Reed (was a big fan of The U). Flacco played well. They did slow the Pats a very good deal, especially in the red zone. And then they still lost on a dropped TD and a missed 32yd FG. Seriously, really feel for you. You deserved better but somehow can't get over the hump.

Wow.

I wonder if not having Shankopottamus kick on 4th and 6 messed with his confidence.

Cart before horse.

I think missing the 32yd FG shows why he wasn't going out for one 50+.

Also showed during the game he was 1/10 on FG over 50yds since 06. And it was temps in the 20s so he wasn't going to kick over 50 in this game anyway.

I disagree. It's time we got some BS luck back our way. Unfortunate for Ravens fans, but we know how you feel.

I disagree. It's time we got some BS luck back our way. Unfortunate for Ravens fans, but we know how you feel.
A Pats fan complaining about luck?

Well I never ;)

Want to talk about luck? How often does anyone make that pick that Pollard and Smith did?
We won, stop overthinking it and complaining it. We're in the ****en superbowl.

Lucky or not it was stupid. Just got a TO, Baltimore's first of the game. 6 mins left, up 3 at midfield.

Needed to keep momentum and run some clock. The running game was basically working. Get 20yds, run 3 mins off, get a FG and go up 6 with 3 mins left. Or work it all the way down the field and get the game ending TD with under 2 mins left. Hell, even running 2 mins off and punting down to inside the 20 was better than giving it right back.

Seriously, a bomb to Slater? Even if you like the call and the "take a shot" mentality, it wasn't there. It was thrown into triple coverage which is what caused the INT on a tipped ball. Just eat it at that point.

That was absolute worst case scenario to turn it back over and have them return it back to the 40. Was like the Pats INT on D never happened.

I really didn't like that call at that point.

Tuck Rule Game has only been ten years, Rory.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back