List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather GWS' end of first round pick than O'Rourke tbh
I think the only reason they would throw him in is because he hasn't really done much yet. I think they would rather the pick too. Jaksche was originally around pick 12 but was likely to take longer because he is a big man. JOR was higher but isn't really looking much more than an ordinary player so far. He still has potential but I think we would really only be getting Jaksche and pick 4 with JOR as a free extra who might come on.

Assuming Melb do not get a band 1 PP....

What about pick 1 & 38 for 3, 20 & 23?

That would give us 3, 20, 21 & 23 to get some talent then use our remaining picks to upgrade rookies.
Every day of the week...(assuming GWS use pick 1 & Melb Pick 2)

Maybe GWS will pay Jimmy Gwilt enough money worth a 2nd round compo. :D

Being serious apparently they have offered him a better deal than Adelaide.

Assuming Melb do not get a band 1 PP....

What about pick 1 & 38 for 3, 20 & 23?

That would give us 3, 20, 21 & 23 to get some talent then use our remaining picks to upgrade rookies.
Joey & 20 -> Kangas - Pick 13
Gwilt & Milera - Adelaide - Pick 45 (the "Monfries" deal)
Jaksch nominates us as a PSD.

3, 13, 21, 23, 45 + Jaksch & then the Rookies

Joey & 20 -> Kangas - Pick 13
Gwilt & Milera - Adelaide - Pick 45 (the "Monfries" deal)
Jaksch nominates us as a PSD.

3, 13, 21, 23, 45 + Jaksch & then the Rookies
Why do Adelaide need a "Monfries deal"?

the only reason Port traded for him is because they lost Chaplin and Pearce, Adelaide won't be losing anyone so don't need to trade for him. If any club wants Gwilt they'll take him as a FA not a trade.

I think it was around 400k for 3

It'll be interesting to see what offer Gwilt gets if both GWS and the Crows are going after him. Gwilt is younger so that factors in favorably in regards to compo picks, but he would be lucky to get 400k. If he got 300k or 350k for 4 years would that put us in the ball park of a 2nd round comp pick?

I wonder if the AFL might be tempted to fudge the picks for us like they could do for the Dees.

Why do Adelaide need a "Monfries deal"?

the only reason Port traded for him is because they lost Chaplin and Pearce, Adelaide won't be losing anyone so don't need to trade for him. If any club wants Gwilt they'll take him as a FA not a trade.
:oops: point taken boss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'll be interesting to see what offer Gwilt gets if both GWS and the Crows are going after him. Gwilt is younger so that factors in favorably in regards to compo picks, but he would be lucky to get 400k. If he got 300k or 350k for 4 years would that put us in the ball park of a 2nd round comp pick?

I wonder if the AFL might be tempted to fudge the picks for us like they could do for the Dees.
I reckon Gwilt would be lucky to get a 2 year deal on around 200-250 PA personally.

I'll be rapt if we get a band 5 compo

I reckon Gwilt would be lucky to get a 2 year deal on around 200-250 PA personally.

I'll be rapt if we get a band 5 compo

I think there is a chance that clubs rate Gwilt a lot higher than most fans do. Plus if the Crows and GWS both want him there is a chance they might drive the price up slightly. Either way it will be interesting to see what happens to him.

As TheLastEmperor said, band 5 would be pretty reasonable.

I'd really like us to have a look at delisted Jarrad Cachia

14 senior appearances as a key tagger in 2013 and was named Carlton’s Best First Year Player.
This year Cachia was designated a “nominated rookie”, meaning he is available to play in every game - but seemed to be on the outer with Malthouse (not the first player at Carlton to have suffered this fate). Is 23 so fits the demographic. Has good pace and uses it well and is a good size at 185cm. Played his best footy on a wing or as a running HBF in my opinion.

14 senior appearances as a key tagger in 2013 and was named Carlton’s Best First Year Player.
This year Cachia was designated a “nominated rookie”, meaning he is available to play in every game - but seemed to be on the outer with Malthouse (not the first player at Carlton to have suffered this fate). Is 23 so fits the demographic. Has good pace and uses it well. Played his best footy on a wing or as a running HBF in my opinion.

Wrong board? o_O

This year Cachia was designated a “nominated rookie”, meaning he is available to play in every game - but seemed to be on the outer with Malthouse (not the first player at Carlton to have suffered this fate). Is 23 so fits the demographic. Has good pace and uses it well. Played his best footy on a wing or as a running HBF in my opinion.
By us you mean Gold Coast? the last thing the saints need is that bloke, can't see him getting a game at GCS either TBH.

He's probably a late-rookie selection more than likely. Has had a pretty strong back half of the season for North Ballarat and was named BOG for St. Pat's in their Herald Sun Shield win. Has really come on as the year has progressed and has some AFL quality traits such as his kicking and speed.
Good size at 83kgs, but at 'only' 182cm he's bordering on short for a modern mid; hope he's got tricks.

image.jpg

If he's got pace and kicking skills though, then let's get him on board.

You know, even if he doesn't win that load of crap know as The Recruit, I'd be willing to take a punt on Johann Wagner as a mature rookie.

23, 190/90 with a big boot on him... Pretty solid speed and beep test result; could be turned into a big midfielder with little effort I'd imagine.

You know, even if he doesn't win that load of crap know as The Recruit, I'd be willing to take a punt on Johann Wagner as a mature rookie.

23, 190/90 with a big boot on him... Pretty solid speed and beep test result; could be turned into a big midfielder with little effort I'd imagine.

In case anyone was wondering how the winner of the Recruit is decided and which club gets him: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-25/clubs-to-meet-for-recruit-bidding

The process was communicated to clubs on Monday and will see the remaining three players who reach the final episode of the show to be voted upon by all clubs in a 3-2-1 basis.

Once the winner is announced, all 18 clubs can choose to nominate him as a draft selection and if more than one club nominates him, the player will get to pick the club of his choice.

It is not compulsory for clubs to make a bid for the player, with the winner to listed as a category B rookie.
The publicity it would generate would be more then enough to get me interested in seeing the winner at the Saints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back