Unofficial Preview Changes/prematch discussion vs Hawthorn (Out: Frog/In: JMac)

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Gibson, Jacobs
In: Wells, Black

FB: Firitto - Thompson - Atley
HB: Wells - Tarrant - Wright
C: Harvey - Cunnington - Wood
HF: Thomas - Petrie - Higgins
FF: Nahas - Waite - Brown
R: Goldstein - Ziebell - Bastinac
I/C: Swallow - Black - Dumont - Turner

Em: McDonald - Hansen - Daw

Agree with Gibson out for wells.
But no way does Jacobs get dropped, he was very good and in our best 6

You can't drop Jacobs for Black, two totally different players. You'd drop one of our three talls for Black and I don't think that's worth it at the moment.
Also no point in naming Hansen as an emergency, put him in the VFL and name whoever the unlucky mid to get dropped for Wells as the emergency.

Out: Gibson, Turner
In: Wells, Lmac

FB: Firitto - Thompson - Wright
HB: Wells - Tarrant - Lmac
C: Bastinac - Swallow - Wood
HF: Thomas - Waite - Petrie
FF: Nahas - Brown - Harvey
R: Goldstein - Ziebell - Cunnington
I/C: Higgins - Dumont - Jacobs
Sub: Atley
Em: Gibson - Mckenzie - Macmillian

Playing devil's advocate here a bit, as I wouldn't mind Gibson out (as it would mean we're travelling well) but did he perhaps perform a good shutdown role on anyone? Offensively he offered nothing, but perhaps I missed some defensive exploits?

Out Gibson, Petrie, turner
In wells, black, McDonald
I'm sick of Petrie not using his body to make taking marks easy. Always just puts his hands in the air and hopes for the best. Gibson can't hit a barn yard door.

i love the kid, but kayne needs a week or two in the magoos, just to get him up and about.

out- turner, gibson
in- wells, mcdonald

I don't think Boomer looked off the pace at all. If anything he was thinking faster than those around him. Couple of turnovers which he'll be disgusted with but was always looking to create and carry from hb. Something that be a rarity at times.

Out Gibson, Petrie, turner
In wells, black, McDonald
I'm sick of Petrie not using his body to make taking marks easy. Always just puts his hands in the air and hopes for the best. Gibson can't hit a barn yard door.
Yeah Petrie will not get dropped this week... What has Black done in the VFL to demand a recall??

Out: Gibson, Turner
In: Wells, Lmac

FB: Firitto - Thompson - Wright
HB: Wells - Tarrant - Lmac
C: Bastinac - Swallow - Wood
HF: Thomas - Waite - Petrie
FF: Nahas - Brown - Harvey
R: Goldstein - Ziebell - Cunnington
I/C: Higgins - Dumont - Jacobs
Sub: Atley
Em: Gibson - Mckenzie - Macmillian

Generally agree with this. We'd also look better with Hansen in as an extra tall defender. We've changed up the game plan a bit by trying harder to get + 1 behind the ball and then trying to kick short and overlap run to break the opposition zone. Hansen would help with intercept marks. They're using Harvey as the first outlet runner which is why Atley has played more of a shut down role in recent weeks. Interesting that Wood may well be the one to take Gibsons spot

Yeah Petrie will not get dropped this week... What has Black done in the VFL to demand a recall??
I no he won't, been doing it for years. I just find it frustrating! 2nd Q perfect delivery and didn't use his body once to get separation. Black would have provided a contest and won it at ground and kicked a goal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm convinced u don't actually watch football.

Jacobs was excellent today. Black didn't do much in the VFL this week either.

Think Turner needs a spell. Nahas has gone past him this season.

Agreed with above re Gibson. Shocking disposal and just not hard at the footy
Thinking this myself , he's been quiet after he kamikazed himself 2 games back. Boomer better extract a digit he's picking up cheap possess down back. A ploy by Brad ?? I don't know.

We still have to invest games into players we think will be playing 5 yrs from now......Jacobs will be one of them Its already being proved he's sitting in our best 24 ( most of the time coming in and out like a yoyo ) that in itself does play on those who lack self confidence.

McDonalds form has been a bit off, a couple of weeks playing vfl is what would help. Mcmillan is a lock and can play the McDonald role quite capably. Just feel lmac's just not having it bounce for him so far, a week or two playing as a leader in The 2s would benefit him greatly. Gibson has been really battling with the ball in hand this year, but against the Hawks at Etihad he'll be very comfortable, expect around 30 and maybe a goal. Turner hasn't had a great year but his taste so far has been priceless, still needs to bulk up but time is his friend. Wells, if he's right, should come in but if he's not then I'm all for Aaron Black to play as a sub, it's left field but he's explosiveness and divine shades of brilliance could bring about a "dumont-like" moment to spark this kid back to the footballer he can become. Wouldn't risk him a whole game though, not against a flag contender.

Out - turner dumont (to be played again very shortly)
IN wells McMillan

In the event of another terrible Gibson game, dumont straight in. First emerg for now.

OUT : Turner Dumont Bastinac
IN : Hansen McDonald Wells

Remove this Banner Ad

Back