Unofficial Preview Changes/prematch discussion vs Hawthorn (Out: Frog/In: JMac)

Remove this Banner Ad

We can't say we are depleted but then not include the players coming back...
Turner will have a rest I think.
Will depend on who is right to come back and match ups.
Possible ins : Wells, Luke, JMac... But Basti and Jacobs played great today!!! They hold there spot!
Like you say though, Basti and Jacobs WERE good. If Wells, Luke and Jmac are all fit and healthy, who drops out?

It's a tough one, and odds are (like always) some of us are going to be disappointed/surprised/angry.

Like you say though, Basti and Jacobs WERE good. If Wells, Luke and Jmac are all fit and healthy, who drops out?

It's a tough one, and odds are (like always) some of us are going to be disappointed/surprised/angry.
Good problem to have isn't it?

OUT: Bastinac Wood Turner
IN: Hansen Wells McDonald

B: Hansen Thompson Firrito
HB: Wright Tarrant Atley
C: Wells Dumont Higgins
HF: Harvey Waite Ziebell
F: Thomas Petrie Brown
R: Goldstein Swallow Cunnington
I: Jacobs Nahas McDonald Gibson
E: Bastinac Wood Turner

MacMillan and Turner to find touch in VFL.

Tough one, Wells & McDonald come in if fit, Hansen probably needs one more.

Dumont did everything he could and probably deserves another game.

Bastinac and Turner the likely outs.
I thoughtBasti did some good things. I'm usually on his back and think he should be out, but thought he did some good pressure acts today.mdoubt he will be out!

You can't bring in all of Wells, Macmillan, Hansen and McDonald. Only 1-2 of those to come in.

Jacobs was great. Bastinac was good. Can't drop Dumont. Nahas was great.

Turner is the obvious out. I dont know who the other one would be. Gibson is struggling but can't be dropped yet.
Hansen not ready.

Out - That horrid start.

In - The intent that was there for the rest of the game.
Do we still do that "lights out, nap time" thing before games? No doubt something has to change.

In Spitters interview at half time he mentioned how before the game they spoke about not bombing long into the forward line but nerves must have made them forget. To many times the message from the coaches is being ignored. I want to know why.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know, I was a Jacobs fan, but he seems to make some poor decisions (like kicking inside 50 when the overlap is there). Can't see him being best 22 in the long term. He gets lots of touches and gives us run but I'm just not sold on him as an AFL footballer, his composure with ball in hand worries me.
Like to see a bit more of Dumont. Tarrant is doing quite well too.

Out: Jacobs
In: Lmac

Turner and Gibson possible outs. Dumont should be safe unless we have a hell of a lot of ins (Wells, McDonald, MacMillan and Hansen would all have to come back IMO). He might even go another week as sub if they can't find a direct opponent for him. I thought Basti was decent today and should also be safe.

I thoughtBasti did some good things. I'm usually on his back and think he should be out, but thought he did some good pressure acts today.mdoubt he will be out!

Ran to receive and good centering kick which ended in the Dumont goal. Dished off for the Goldy goal. Ran from behind and layed the tackle that got the ball back for the 2nd Nahas goal.

That was all in the last. Kicked a nice goal earlier.

Turner is the obvious drop.

I don't know, I was a Jacobs fan, but he seems to make some poor decisions (like kicking inside 50 when the overlap is there). Can't see him being best 22 in the long term. He gets lots of touches and gives us run but I'm just not sold on him as an AFL footballer, his composure with ball in hand worries me.
Like to see a bit more of Dumont. Tarrant is doing quite well too.

Out: Jacobs
In: Lmac

I've been a Jacobs believer but there is some frustration there. You can see what the coaches do at times, he seems very good one on one, will often win those contests and then make a poor decision. Guess it comes down to whether the coaches believe that his flaws are fixable and / or nerve related. Hard to teach someone to start winning one on ones so I can see why they persist.

Not a chance Wood gets dropped. He played 87% of game time today, he is the only one with a combination of size and endurance in the middle and has gotten 20 touches 2 weeks in a row playing on some good players.

He's only going to get better.

Gibson was off today but he stays we will need his gutrunning against the hawks.
Turner out for a rest and Wells back in hopefully.
Not sure if we will play dumont against hawthorn but he showed he has some composure today! Mcdonald could make way for him though

Out: Turner
In: McDonald

If Wells is fit:
In: Wells
Out: .... Umm maybe... Ive actually got no idea, it'll probably be Dumont although I dont think it should be

Remove this Banner Ad

Back