Game Day The Finals Thread - Non Richmond Games

Remove this Banner Ad

I said all week, to my work mates and my mates...........Hawthorn at the MCG is a much tougher task. It's all well and good to knock off the Hawks in Perth but try and knock them off at the MCG.....it's a different kettle of fish.

I said all week, to my work mates and my mates...........Hawthorn at the MCG is a much tougher task. It's all well and good to knock off the Hawks in Perth but try and knock them off at the MCG.....it's a different kettle of fish.
Sadly something we can do.....but we never put ourselves in a position to get them in a final

Credit where credit is due, West Coast have been good all year.

But I just think we would have stayed within 1-2 goals for 90% of the game, at worst. We've proven to be very hard to score against all year and our defence is one of our biggest strengths.

It's impossible to know for sure, but I would just love to see our guys in a Grand Final one day. Dusty, Jack, Rance, etc... throw in Harley Bennell and a switched on Trent Cotchin and I give us a chance.

Picture Alex Rance taking marks late in the game. Dusty giving don't argues. Jack loving the big moments.

We just need to win an elimination final first! :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be honest and say that if Richmond's leaders cannot overcome the pressure of winning a final, how will they fare in a Grand Final? It's easy to look at how West Coast are currently playing and say this, but Hawthorn is a level above the rest.
If Richmond makes a grand final it means they have won 2 finals to get there, it's funny how hawthorn smash 10 teams in a row then fall to pieces against Richmond then resume smashing teams the very next week, we don't allow them to play their gameplan.

If Richmond makes a grand final it means they have won 2 finals to get there, it's funny how hawthorn smash 10 teams in a row then fall to pieces against Richmond then resume smashing teams the very next week, we don't allow them to play their gameplan.

Home and away v finals...massive gulf in intensity

Hope we play then in a GF in 2016 though

I know this, but my point was to show how easily they collapse under pressure. The Grand Final itself is a level above the finals, so you cannot afford to be a team that collapses easliy even if you make the Grand Final. Hawthorn have too much experience for Richmond to be fragile, and I don't think they'd have come close today.

Next year would be a different story though. Hawthorn and Richmond may be different teams by then

We wouldn't have got close today. Make no mistake about it, Hawthorn are a different breed when it comes to playing finals. They couldn't give a rats about losing to us in the H&A season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back