He was going for the ball (No intent)
Made contact with his arm not fist
Baguley continued to play. (No injury)

I thought Sam Day had a good game
Yes he made a couple of mistakes
but he was more involved last night
He didn't go missing & kicked a couple of goals

It's amazing how much better the Suns are with Gazza & Prestia
and with Rosa, Rischitella, Hall & Touk all playing well the Suns midfield is looking good
with Swallow and Jaeger to come.

I thought Sam Day had a good game
Yes he made a couple of mistakes
but he was more involved last night
He didn't go missing & kicked a couple of goals

I agree with this. He could have been better, but like a few other players shown why he was selected. Give him a bit of confidence and he should continue to grow. Still hanging by a thread though

Eade was so harsh in his conference :( Ablett was awful, Hall was only good for 75% of the game, the team only played well for two minutes or whatever. We won by ten goals... surely there was something positive to say?
He didn't say Ablett was awful. He said he was rusty and I agree. And Eade has turned Hall into an elite mid. Remember when Hall was on the top of everyones delist list. Remember when he wouldnt tackle.. I would say Eade knows what he is talking about.. I think Eade's main message from his presser was "we all need to get better" and he is spot on. We are not here to come 13th we are here to be top 4.. whether its this year or next, on last night's performance we need to get better..

Not much has been said about Martin. I thought he was good without being great... thirteen disposals mostly forward, with eight tackles and two goals. Really good intent and, very conservatively, if that form holds we get 40-odd goals out of him for the year.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I guess if his role is to be Eddy Betts and pick up 2+ per match we'll be happy
I just think he has to work harder defending in the forward line and being a bit harder at the ball

I don't mind if Day doesn't play.
I don't mind if Day does play.
If 2MP keeps improving and isn't playing and Day is still being Day and is playing then I'll start getting mad.

I feel like Sam Day is our version of Jack Watts. Not a bad player at all, just can't live up to the reasonable/unreasonable expectations. I know once Sam Day puts on a different jumper he's kicking 70 goals.

I may be completely wrong, but I thought Day played a lot deeper for the majority of the second half and had most of his touches in the forward 50. He seemed to swap roles with Lynchy who went up the ground and even down back. It meant Lynchy saw less of it in the 50, and kicked less goals then he could of :D but it gave Day the chance to lead and run and jump for the ball on his mismatch of an opponent.

He didn't say Ablett was awful. He said he was rusty and I agree. And Eade has turned Hall into an elite mid. Remember when Hall was on the top of everyones delist list. Remember when he wouldnt tackle.. I would say Eade knows what he is talking about.. I think Eade's main message from his presser was "we all need to get better" and he is spot on. We are not here to come 13th we are here to be top 4.. whether its this year or next, on last night's performance we need to get better..
Yeah I was a bit annoyed watching that game yesterday...or trying to watch it whilst my wife annoyed me during the entire first half. We should have beaten Essendon by a lot more if we didn't start mucking around with the ball. Our goal kicking problems are still evident with 19 behinds!!! We stopped pressuring them when we got out to a comfortable lead. I thought we were very sloppy with some of our ball handling missing three metre handballs under little pressure etc.
Thought Dion was superb, as was Matt Rosa - looks to be an astute pickup. Jesse was excellent until he head butted McKenzie's face - * that must've hurt and lucky the two of them got out of it without facial fractures. Thought Clay and Sekko were serviceable.
We have a lot of improvement required if we are to challenge for the eight. 60 points could be on the lower end of the drubbings the Dons will get this year. They're in for a year of absolute pain in return for what they've put the competition through over the last few years.

I'm so glad I got Aaron Hall in my AFL Fantasy team. He played a great game yesterday scoring 125 points. :D

36 disposals - 4 marks - 3 tackles - 4 clearances - 9 inside 50s - 2 goals - 72% disposal efficiency

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess if his role is to be Eddy Betts and pick up 2+ per match we'll be happy
I just think he has to work harder defending in the forward line and being a bit harder at the ball

Gee sandy, you're a hard marker......8 tackles and 2 goals......I reckon Pykey would cop that from Eddie every day of the week........I thought Martin's performance was, dare I say it......"pleasing"

I was really pleased with the fact that we had so many goal scorers. Hawthorn is obviously the team that everyone looks at when they think of sustained success because they've won four flags with the same coach in the past 8 years, and the one thing Hawthorn has done better than anyone on-field is sharing the goal scoring duties. They obviously have Gunston and Roughead as their main contributors but almost every other player still kicks a goal per game.

Similarly, the most exciting up-and-coming team in the comp, the Doggies, share the same similarities. Furthermore, their coach used to be an assistant coach at the Hawks during their premiership era too.

Literally 50% of our team scored at least one goal yesterday. We are on the right track.

so pleased

good game, great win.
geeez those bummers fans are a fickle bunch. dont have much humor going on. well i enjoyed the night , having the two trumpeteers either side of the target, blowing their ditties. was a nice piece of fun and atmosphere. missing crust pizza tho.

I was really pleased with the fact that we had so many goal scorers. Hawthorn is obviously the team that everyone looks at when they think of sustained success because they've won four flags with the same coach in the past 8 years, and the one thing Hawthorn has done better than anyone on-field is sharing the goal scoring duties. They obviously have Gunston and Roughead as their main contributors but almost every other player still kicks a goal per game.

Similarly, the most exciting up-and-coming team in the comp, the Doggies, share the same similarities. Furthermore, their coach used to be an assistant coach at the Hawks during their premiership era too.

Literally 50% of our team scored at least one goal yesterday. We are on the right track.

so pleased
And in this regard, dont forget the Eagles. Just about flag favourites and share it around more than the Hawks and the Doggies..

I'm not nervous about Lynch, but then again, I wasn't nervous about May last year and he was out for 3 games. MRP are a bunch of campaigners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back