Opinion Star Athletic a disaster?

Remove this Banner Ad

Who was responsible for us joining up with Star?

No one asked for it
Plenty of speculation going back through this thread on various reasons including staff or administrators who may have had a vested interest?
I received a parcel on Monday from the WA magpies, for which I am also a member.
Bugger me, it's another 2016 members scarf. The original members pack we were suppose to get at the start of the season, ya know, the key ring, lanyard, stickers etc, etc, never arrived. So the scarf is a replacement.

Obviously part of the stock the club are trying to get rid of. Anyone need a scarf?:)
Surely I'm not the only one over the past couple of months has been getting "specials" emailed to me from the club selling cost price membership items to "celebrate victories"

Surely I'm not the only one over the past couple of months has been getting "specials" emailed to me from the club selling cost price membership items to "celebrate victories"[/QUOTE]

mmmmm, haven't checked my spam box;)

looking at this week's collingwood selection email, i noticed they were promoting some adidas footy boots. did not see the star athletic logo in the email... hope it means the pies are wearing adidas next season!

I think players get to chose their boots?

For the record, I can't wait to see the back of Star Athletic.

This line is spot on from your post earlier.

My wife is involved in fitness and 2XU is the "it" brand at the moment......me I am an Adidas man.

Anything is better than Star Athletics.

Not Nike though, they may produce better quality stuff but their availability of merchandise with the teams they cover is abhorrent, not to mention the cost. I'd be happier with Adidas, BLK or ISC.

This line is spot on from your post earlier.

My wife is involved in fitness and 2XU is the "it" brand at the moment......me I am an Adidas man.

Anything is better than Star Athletics.

2XU is pretty big right now and so is Under Armour isn't it? Would be a bold move by the club to display some forward thinking and sign on with developing sports gear companies in the Aus market. But alas, if the mail is good we've already signed with ICS?

2XU is pretty big right now and so is Under Armour isn't it? Would be a bold move by the club to display some forward thinking and sign on with developing sports gear companies in the Aus market. But alas, if the mail is good we've already signed with ICS?

Excuse my ignorance but what does ICS do?

2XU is definitely all the rage......my wife is a PT and people wear it everywhere. We bought my niece (12) a pair of pants and she won't take them off :eek:.

I agree it would be good if our Club aligned itself with the best as opposed to trying to make more money of us with an inferior product.

Under Armour would be a huge signing they have some very advanced training gear, they have such stars like Speith and Curry apart of their team.

Okay, seems I've made a stupid mistake and embarrassed myself. Just checked my work email history and quickly realised the name was The Promotional Shop, not The Promotions Factory as I've stated above.

I apologise for my stuff up and clearly should've double checked the company name before going off half cocked stating they're in receivership.

Mods, please feel free to delete my idiotic and amateurish post about The Promotions Factory because it is factually incorrect.

P.S Thank you 76woodenspooners for your quality checking and rightfully questioning me.

That's cool.

Just delete it yourself? It can be our secret. Nobody else need ever know :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2XU is definitely all the rage......my wife is a PT and people wear it everywhere. We bought my niece (12) a pair of pants and she won't take them off :eek:.

I agree it would be good if our Club aligned itself with the best as opposed to trying to make more money of us with an inferior product.

I have no idea what ICS do but I'm sure earlier in the thread, maybe even the OP stated that we're about to join up with ICS once we finish with Star Athletic.

I'd be more than happy to align with 2XU considering how they're travelling at the moment :thumbsu:

I don't know any of these brands except Adidas and Under Armour. Under Armour does some cool stuff for NFL sides. I'd love to see some decent training tanks in the Collingwood apparel line. I'd buy those. But I'd probably vote for Adidas.

I wear Bonds pyjamas. Is that cool? :)

What's fantastic about overpriced low quality products?

Overpriced + low quality wasn't the idea, it was the execution.

The idea was to sell quality products at a lower price. It could be sold cheaper because money was being saved by not having to fund the big $$$& media promotions and endorsement campaigns that sporting brands normally do. Us fans were supposed to be able to buy gear cheaper and the club were supposed to be make more money from the deal.

The other idea was for the players to get bespoke gear. That was what the bronchure said when we signed up, but we didn't hear boo about it since.

Last edited:
That's a first! I've never read someone calling for Pert's head to date. Unless it's been stated somewhere else previously?

Is Star Athletic really all Pert's doing?

It's all about the dollars with Pert. We have lost our soul.

Overpriced + low quality wasn't the idea, it was the execution.

The idea was to sell quality products at a lower price. It could be sold cheaper because money was being saved by not having to fund the big $$$& media promotions and endorsement campaigns that sporting brands normally do. Us fans were supposed to be able to buy gear cheaper and the club were supposed to be make more money from the deal.

The other idea was for the players to get bespoke gear. That was what the bronchure said when we signed up, but we didn't hear boo about it since.

"Quality at a lower price" is just marketing jargon for "cut corners where ever possible to save as much money as we can". That always comes at the expense of the consumer. (Unless the consumer is happy with cheap low-quality goods, which many are)

I haven't researched other teams fan gear and pricing, I would be surprised if they are anymore expensive then our gear.

Such a massive slap to the face to the supporters who have parted with there hard earned on this crap, myself included.

Under Armour would be a huge signing they have some very advanced training gear, they have such stars like Speith and Curry apart of their team.

Plus Murray. To my knowledge their marketing is more focused on individuals, but I would be over the moon if we were able to team up with them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back