Injury Blackmores injury update brought to you by Blackmores

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah so you know how hard he does or doesn't work do you?
The last player you would use as evidence of anything - please explain?

We on here can only go with what we see. As i have said previously it appears his body has not changed much at all since he was drafted. He seems to take a long time to recover and / or not come up for games. Reminds me very much of Jared Grant.

If you are him or know him please debunk these things, I am all ears as he is important to us and would love for it to be different. IMO based on what I see he does not work hard enough. I will wait for your response with eager anticipation, as i really hope you can change my mind.

We on here can only go with what we see. As i have said previously it appears his body has not changed much at all since he was drafted. He seems to take a long time to recover and / or not come up for games. Reminds me very much of Jared Grant.

If you are him or know him please debunk these things, I am all ears as he is important to us and would love for it to be different. IMO based on what I see he does not work hard enough. I will wait for your response with eager anticipation, as i really hope you can change my mind.
Had it in my head from preseason training reports that he'd been working hard and loved competing in the sprints. Only reference I could find from a quick search was:

“•Broomhead is in great shape - he’s obviously worked hard over the break.”

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/training-report-no-1-2015-16.1117244/#post-41938176

Had it in my head from preseason training reports that he'd been working hard and loved competing in the sprints. Only reference I could find from a quick search was:

“•Broomhead is in great shape - he’s obviously worked hard over the break.”

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/training-report-no-1-2015-16.1117244/#post-41938176
Thanks LH. Good that he can show hard work over a 6-8 week period according to a poster on here (one that wrote some great reports so not a criticism).

However I'd be really interested in how his body has changed since drafted. One poster was pretty quick to have a crack at me for my view so hopefully he comes back with an answer.

Regardless, my response was to his injury history being used as an example on our poor fitness department. Don't get me wrong they have failed in my opinion but not sure he should be the poster boy for that failure.

Thanks LH. Good that he can show hard work over a 6-8 week period according to a poster on here (one that wrote some great reports so not a criticism).

However I'd be really interested in how his body has changed since drafted. One poster was pretty quick to have a crack at me for my view so hopefully he comes back with an answer.

Regardless, my response was to his injury history being used as an example on our poor fitness department. Don't get me wrong they have failed in my opinion but not sure he should be the poster boy for that failure.
Best I could find was http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-2012-afl-national-draft-club-by-club-20121122-29td2.html listing Broomhead as 73kg back in 2012 so has added 9kg based on current listing of 82kg.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for an answer given the poster is infrequent (number of posts) and chosen name suggests is a certain Hawks player who is from SA so is probably friends with TB.

I understand where you were coming from and have seen enough of your posts to give you the benefit of the doubt (if I had of had doubt) but can also understand why a friend of TB could take your initial post the wrong way.

News hot off the presses. Broomhead HIGHLY doubtful to take the field again this year. The amazing work of the high performance team strikes again.
What will we get for him in a trade? Third rounder? Hope we use It wisely since we screwed up a first rounder. I'd be out the door if I was Broomy.

What will we get for him in a trade? Third rounder? Hope we use It wisely since we screwed up a first rounder. I'd be out the door if I was Broomy.

I can be one to give outgoing players a clip if they up and leave when we have contracts on the table, but not in this case. I genuinely just want him to get a clean run at it and if that's with us happy days. If not good luck to him even though I doubt he'll need it given his issues have been within our control.

If he does leave I'm confident there's interest out there so I think a pick in the 30's is achievable. I'd just prefer we make changes within the high performance group and ensure he's dealt with in a more professional standard moving forward. Being sent back on-field when clearly under duress 3 times in 12 months is not what I personally consider professional conduct.

I can be one to give outgoing players a clip if they up and leave when we have contracts on the table, but not in this case. I genuinely just want him to get a clean run at it and if that's with us happy days. If not good luck to him even though I doubt he'll need it given his issues have been within our control.

If he does leave I'm confident there's interest out there so I think a pick in the 30's is achievable. I'd just prefer we make changes within the high performance group and ensure he's dealt with in a more professional standard moving forward. Being sent back on-field when clearly under duress 3 times in 12 months is not what I personally consider professional conduct.
I want to see Broomhead stay and be injury free.

Agree re the professional conduct and adding that I'm generally not a fan of our injury history, management, whatever you want to call it but for an individual's situation just putting it out there - do we actually know that it wasn't TB desperate to stay out there and prove his worth that lead to, or contributed to being less than forthcoming with medical staff as to the extent of the various injuries?

The nature of professional athletes, particularly those on the fringe, can lead to a 'she'll be right mate' attitude. Not saying that was the case with TB, just that most of us don't have enough information to know either way.

Agree re the professional conduct and adding that I'm generally not a fan of our injury history, management, whatever you want to call it but for an individual's situation just putting it out there - do we actually know that it wasn't TB desperate to stay out there and prove his worth that lead to, or contributed to being less than forthcoming with medical staff as to the extent of the various injuries?

The nature of professional athletes, particularly those on the fringe, can lead to a 'she'll be right mate' attitude. Not saying that was the case with TB, just that most of us don't have enough information to know either way.

Reading between the lines of everything I've heard about Broomhead I'd be shocked if that's the case. Let's consider it is though at what point do you hold others accountable for not overruling the player? It should never be the players call, IMO.

If I were guessing on the "she'll be right" attitude I would go with the club because it's happened in other instances.

Definitely the club's choice to keep him on the ground - he was heading toward the bench and was told to stay on.
The kid has been mis-treated on more than one occasion.

Re: Broomhead

Wasn't his shoulder injury when he sent back on last year against PA which was well over a year ago now?

His injury when sent back on this year was the ankle right?

He is currently out with a shoulder injury so is this a new injury or the same one that he injured last year? If it's last year's injury then I doubt that the decision to put him back on last year should now affect him so much now?

I too think our injury management has been pretty dubious but I want to know more about this present injury because this kid's constant injured status is becoming a real frustration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely the club's choice to keep him on the ground - he was heading toward the bench and was told to stay on.
The kid has been mis-treated on more than one occasion.
Are you going off footage? If yes, who was the culprit - runner, official, coach??

Re: Broomhead

Wasn't his shoulder injury when he sent back on last year against PA which was well over a year ago now?

His injury when sent back on this year was the ankle right?

He is currently out with a shoulder injury so is this a new injury or the same one that he injured last year? If it's last year's injury then I doubt that the decision to put him back on last year should now affect him so much now?

I too think our injury management has been pretty dubious but I want to know more about this present injury because this kid's constant injured status is becoming a real frustration.

Hurt his shoulder again pre-season Cats game.............and again sent back on the field.

1. Shoulder = PA
2. Shoulder = Cats
3. Ankle = Dees or Blues game?

Understand if you don't know the answer to Q2 but worried if you don't know the answer to part 1 :)
I have a vague recollection, (live at the game) he was headed off and a trainer turned around and put his hand up to tell him to stay on.

Hurt his shoulder again pre-season Cats game.............and again sent back on the field.

1. Shoulder = PA
2. Shoulder = Cats
3. Ankle = Dees or Blues game?
Thanks mate. I forgot about the Cats one.

Latest update:

- Pendles' scans showed no tear/fracture/break - he's short term, and could even get up for the Dogs
- Broomhead & Fasolo each underwent season-ending shoulder surgery
- Moore is a good chance for this week

Should play Pendles & Treloar against GC next week to ensure we don't lose (and thus drop below them, handing GWS Pick 5 potentially) but otherwise they should be on ice v. the Dogs and Hawks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back