Autopsy The Final Draw - documentary (Ch7, 10pm Sunday 25 Sep + replayed 7mate, Friday 30 Sep)

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie summed up my emotions after the match so well.

I also felt relief and the feeling that we had dodged a bullet because we were the team on the back foot at the end.

It was strange, but we played nowhere near as good as the first two finals and we were lucky we didn't lose that game.

It makes me shudder to think if we lost both 2010 and 2011. The mentality of the supporter base would be so different today.

There's two specific quotes I remember from Mick. 1) bad kicking is bad football, when we lost to St.Kilda in round 4 when we kicked 4.17.41, and 2) if we treat this as a loss, it will be.

So what they are all saying to sum up:
Stephen Milne is still not much chop.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get sick of people saying we were lucky. Yes we were far in front, yes st kilda got in front near the end and if they were good enough as everyone says they wouldn't have let us get a goal in the final few minutes to level the score. It's ours. And i am glad we won what we deserved.we were the best team all year by far. Do i feel sorry for st kilda?? * no. Do you honestly think they would feel sorry for us if it was reversed??

They made it all about poor Milne and the bounce of the ball. It's like we won the flag unfairly and it should be St Kilda's. We should've been up by 30-40 at half time. Another reminder of just how unreliable Cloke is in front of goal.

Thankfully we had great leadership at the club that pulled it all together that night.

Eddie summed up my emotions after the match so well.

I also felt relief and the feeling that we had dodged a bullet because we were the team on the back foot at the end.

It was strange, but we played nowhere near as good as the first two finals and we were lucky we didn't lose that game.

It makes me shudder to think if we lost both 2010 and 2011. The mentality of the supporter base would be so different today.

Straight as the Siren Went. I also thought we where bloody lucky to get a Draw and Get another Chance Next Week to Play Better Footy then we had in the 1st GF

They made it all about poor Milne and the bounce of the ball. Cloke got off lightly with his shocking misses in the 2nd qtr.

Thankfully we had great leadership at the club that pulled it all together that night.

Agree. He Kicked those 2 and we most likely would killed the Game and we might of Won like we did in the Replay

Certainly stirred some emotion, what a great insight into the psyche of both sides before,during and after the match. Remarkable how decisions and actions of strong leaders following the draw turned our mood around. I have a lot more respect for the roles played by McGuire and Malthouse.

Made me want to re-watch both games in the next couple of days.

Glad we won the way we did. That much sweeter knowing how close Goddard was to winning a Flag and getting nothing. Only thing that would make it better is St kilda winning a premiership while he still plays for another club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back