Unofficial Preview OFFICIAL: Luke Shuey Brownlow Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

In my opinion Gaff had an up & down season this year. Was surprised he polled so well. Also after his concussion he was quiet for a few games until he found his mojo again. Definitely thought Shuey deserved the most votes out of our midfielders.
Shuey was our highest place getter in the coaches award

I think it takes a season to get noticed. Gaff had a Stella year last season but he polled a lot less than most expected. This year he didn't reach the same heights but has polled a lot better. Shuey should be better for it next year. Becoming an accumulator might also not hurt.

And this is why I don't rate the Brownlow or the All Aus that highly to be honest. Unless a player has had an out and out 'out'standing year, it's more akin to a rolling two or three year award. Bullshit.

Viney Wines Lewis Ross T.Mitchell Hunter Johannisen all equal or higher than Shuey.

Are you ******* serious you maggot muppet flogs :mad:

Even a ******* ruckman in Goldstein out dud him. Goldy was s**t this year. North were s**t.

Wells out scores him and missed games.
Wines really WTF? His team won **** all games and Grey, Pittard, Trengrove were all better this year.
Lewis is ******* tripe. His year was utter ******* bullshit rubbish campaigner ****.

Pull your head out your arse then spit the whistle out you umpire ******** campaigners. **** me.

Well according to some on the west coast board the umpires are all seeing and all knowing and we shouldnt question their votes.

Coaches association is the one I think has the most credibility imo
Yep, and no suprise Shuey was top ten there. It's also the reason the coaches have put the tag on him from very early in his career, whilst the media and opposition fans who don't see our guys on a regular basis were fawning over others.

Shuey was our highest place getter in the coaches award

This is the top gong in my opinion. They rate players based on what they were trying to achieve and how either their player or an opposition player helped or hindered that plan and influenced the game. A much richer context on which to make an assessment of a player's influence.

Goldy with more votes than Shuey is ridiculous.

Goldstein was absolutely rubbish this year.

Still, there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that umpires have discussed Shuey's tendency to draw free kicks and that has clouded their view

Apparently Fyfe was Freo's second highest vote getter despite missing most of the season

Brownlow in its current form is a joke. The right guy won, sure, but Shuey on 10 votes and Gaff in top 5 shows just how flawed the voting system is. AFLPA MVP is a much better award in my opinion. Wish it got more attention.

Players mvp is an absolute pure popularity contest. Has about the same level of relevance to games as call of duty has to tactical combat situations.

Goldy with more votes than Shuey is ridiculous.

Goldstein was absolutely rubbish this year.

Still, there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that umpires have discussed Shuey's tendency to draw free kicks and that has clouded their view
I don't see how that makes sense since shuey still gets his fair share of free kicks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

L Neale - 20 votes

In a side that won 4 games
He was outstanding in that s**t side and had no one take votes off him same with Zac Merrett. Its not suprising. Gaff got more votes than anyone really expected and so did Priddis they effectively stole the votes off Shuey.
The year Priddis won he wasn't the best player in the AFL he just had no one that took votes off him from his team.
In the end of the day its about getting the winner right and that has happened the last 2 years.

I don't see how that makes sense since shuey still gets his fair share of free kicks
Unfortunately Shuey has a bad rep and obviously the umpires read about it and seemed to have voted accordingly. How Gaff and Pridda outpoled him is a joke best mid in our team by far this year you will see that in the B and F votes

I just reckon they might not consider him the "fairest" player. Who knows. It doesn't make sense any other way because he is often fast and flashy and kicks goals (which usually gets ump attention). Plus he is at every single stoppage for us.

Luke Shuey

That went well!

Round by round voting...

Round....Our Votes....Brownlow
Total......21...................10

Luke Shuey

That went well!

Round by round voting...

Round....Our Votes....Brownlow
Total......21...................10
Afl site had him on 22 so we weren't far off

Gaff's votes are amazing....

Round 3 - 2 votes - We ranked him 7th best
Round 4 - 3 votes - We ranked him 4th best
Round 8 - 1 vote - We ranked him 12th best
Round 13 - 3 votes - We ranked him 10th best
Round 15 - 3 votes - We ranked him 4th best
Round 17 - 3 votes - We ranked him 7th best
Round 22 - 3 votes - We ranked him 2nd best
Round 23 - 3 votes - We ranked him best

S

ome players catch the umpires attention and some don't. Perhaps Sheuy needs to dye his hair blonde or something:rolleyes:
Hard to not notice one of the only guys in blue and gold trying his guts out all game.

Doesn't seem to be as much of a nice guy as Gaff or Priddis on the field either.

LOL @ 6 BOG's for Gaff. That's bizarre. Good, dependable season, but at best was in our top six players. Now that he's a known entity, if he plays like he did in 2015 he's a big chance to take the whole thing down.

Is anyone really surprised? Shuey has never polled in a way that reflects his actual impact. Conversely priddis and gaff have always polled more than expected.

Not sure why anyone thought it would change this year and Shuey would go close to placing

It should be just called the midfielders medal from now on, how does a player like McGovern get bugger all votes, and gets out polled by Yeo-Lecca and even Priddis, pretty sure McGovern was better than all of them this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back