Going Forward (The Future)

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't we been saying we need speed for the last decade?

I remember there was plenty of excitement about Jetta for that very reason.

The only way to reduce our exposure on the speed front (until we get a recruitment solution) is to alter the way our forwardline structures up.

All our goals came from midfielders on the weekend. When our mids and wingers are chasing tail that made it hard to slingshot or press into space. Gaz and Papley are wespons. But they disappeared for a reason. And the reason is our gamplan worked around them.

We need to increase our percentage of easy goals from leading forwards who are paid specifically to kick goals.

Give me a Breust and a gameplan that gives him some service and I'll cop Buddy on the wing and Tippo first ruck.

Plan b would be nice.

The only way to reduce our exposure on the speed front (until we get a recruitment solution) is to alter the way our forwardline structures up.

All our goals came from midfielders on the weekend. When our mids and wingers are chasing tail that made it hard to slingshot or press into space. Gaz and Papley are wespons. But they disappeared for a reason. And the reason is our gamplan worked around them.

We need to increase our percentage of easy goals from leading forwards who are paid specifically to kick goals.

Give me a Breust and a gameplan that gives him some service and I'll cop Buddy on the wing and Tippo first ruck.

Plan b would be nice.
This issue has come up multiple times with Horse. When we win all is good, but when we lose it seems it is because we are too one dimensional. We need that 2nd or 3rd backup plan.

If we get beat inside we get run off our feet outside.

If that umpiring was dished out AGAINST the dogs they would be burning seats at the G. We were reamed and just have to bend over and cop it. But next time...

Rohan was gutless. McVeigh is spent and slower than me, and Benny is finished.
Rohan is NOT gutless.

What about Tippett? What he brought yesterday isn't what he is worth. Why couldn't he clunk marks like Boyd?
Would help if our kicking accuracy to Tippett was as accurate as it was to Boyd. How many times did we need to kick it straight to Boyd before we realised he was going to mark anything coming his way? Its not rocket science but we failed to learn.

Going forward.... IMO we need to hang on to Zac

Going forward.... IMO we need to hang on to Zac

Absolutely - he is a real goer and played well yesterday. Goes in hard, has an edge to him and generally uses the ball well.

If Mitchell goes, I think we should accelerate Heeney and Mills into the midfield role - they can provide a point of difference to the current set up. We do need to find some more pace to inject from somewhere however.

The real toughy remains our forward line - hopefully a fit Sam Reid can finally fulfill his never ending 'potential' and stay fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely - he is a real goer and played well yesterday. Goes in hard, has an edge to him and generally uses the ball well.

If Mitchell goes, I think we should accelerate Heeney and Mills into the midfield role - they can provide a point of difference to the current set up. We do need to find some more pace to inject from somewhere however.

The real toughy remains our forward line - hopefully a fit Sam Reid can finally fulfill his never ending 'potential' and stay fit.

Do you think George can do it? He's got some growing to do. I hope like hell he doesn't get homesick.

Dont champ me legend.

It's completely reactive to what happened yesterday. If we'd won you wouldn't have posted it. Don't act like you would have.

Well, we didn't win.

Feeling a bit better now and I'm still proud of the season we had. We have a young team and should be thereabouts again for the next few years. Why wouldn't we expect anything else from this great club!

I will be forever grateful knowing I can watch the 05 and 12 grand finals to bring back memories some fans will never have. Bring on 2017!

Feeling a bit better now and I'm still proud of the season we had. We have a young team and should be thereabouts again for the next few years. Why wouldn't we expect anything else from this great club!

I will be forever grateful knowing I can watch the 05 and 12 grand finals to bring back memories some fans will never have. Bring on 2017!
Good attitude AG. I'm slowly starting to look to the positives.

Great post mate as always. I just get bitter as ive been around longer than most on here and to go through a massive part of my life, loving the club and never going to a final, it hurts. It's a great season , but we fell short on the day for a few reasons. We will remain in the finals , but to get to the big one is so hard. Go Bloods forever.

Going forward we won't have our hands tied with a trade ban.
We are also prepared to lose Tom in my opinion because we have bigger fish to take care of such as Kennedy, Heeney & Mills.
Mummy was the sacrifice 3 years ago & Malceski 2 years ago & we have become better.the fact remains that since Mummy left, we have played in 2 GFs in 3 years. Lose Mummy, play GF in 2014. Lose Malceski, finish top 4 in 2015 but crippled with injury. Goodesy retires (oh no what now), we finish top & play in a GF again. So Ii feel that if we lose Tom (going forward Bedders), then we will get better again.

We tweek a few players/positions & we stay relevant in terms of P'ships.

All good folks! As long as we are prepared to be aggressive at the trade table.
I anticipate tge next surprise recruit.
Stay tuned!

Going forward we won't have our hands tied with a trade ban.
We are also prepared to lose Tom in my opinion because we have bigger fish to take care of such as Kennedy, Heeney & Mills.
Mummy was the sacrifice 3 years ago & Malceski 2 years ago & we have become better.the fact remains that since Mummy left, we have played in 2 GFs in 3 years. Lose Mummy, play GF in 2014. Lose Malceski, finish top 4 in 2015 but crippled with injury. Goodesy retires (oh no what now), we finish top & play in a GF again. So Ii feel that if we lose Tom (going forward Bedders), then we will get better again.

We tweek a few players/positions & we stay relevant in terms of P'ships.

All good folks! As long as we are prepared to be aggressive at the trade table.
I anticipate tge next surprise recruit.
Stay tuned!
Tom, if he is like that mate can go and when we maybe get Fyfe ,it will send them in to meltdown. 2018 that is. Tippett out at the same time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back