Mega Thread Pick 88 and the rest of our draft picks Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lucky-88-1.jpg

How many spare spots on the GWS list? Apparently they have the following picks: 2, 15, 37, 39, 45, 52, 55, 57, 58, 59, 60.
Not sure all of those picks will be used. I'm sure there will be a few scenario's like this where picks go un-used, passed on, and hence moving the hawks first pick down from 88 to mid 70's.

How many spare spots on the GWS list? Apparently they have the following picks: 2, 15, 37, 39, 45, 52, 55, 57, 58, 59, 60.
Not sure all of those picks will be used. I'm sure there will be a few scenario's like this where picks go un-used, passed on, and hence moving the hawks first pick down from 88 to mid 70's.

Sweet so they'll go from being worth zero points to being worth zero points lol

I just hope Willie lasts that long (that sounded bad typing it lol) so we at least get a shot at him.

If Jarman nominates us, I'm sure our first pick will go there. Likely need to go into deficit on our 2017 first selection.

From there, probably just rookie upgrades for Stewart and maybe Woodward. And then we're done

We ant use 88 to match a bid for jarman as it is worth zero points lol
Yes we can. We'll just go into deficit next year. Will only be a small one as Jarman won't go very high i hope. + if he makes it to Pick 70 it will hardly affect us.

Late picks like 88 will move forward in the draft order as a number of clubs pass in later rounds and expansion clubs use picks to match bids on academy kids.
So dear old pick 88 may advance quite a few places.
Didn't think about that. GWS has a splatter of late draft picks ready to be triggered by Setterfield and similar with GC for Bowes except not as many picks.
Which other teams have F/S this year? any?

Using picks 45, 52, 55, 57, 58, 59 & 60 GWS have enough points to match any bid from Pick 6 onwards. That's 6 picks gone so we down to Pick 82 & 84

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes we can. We'll just go into deficit next year. Will only be a small one as Jarman won't go very high i hope. + if he makes it to Pick 70 it will hardly affect us.

Didn't think about that. GWS has a splatter of late draft picks ready to be triggered by Setterfield and similar with GC for Bowes except not as many picks.
Which other teams have F/S this year? any?

Collingwood have 2. Daicos and can't remember

Pick 88 and upgrade Stewart and Woodward for mine.

We still need to delist 2 more players though.
I think if either Litherland or Spangher get an offer from somewhere we'll delist them to let them get to their club otherwise I think it'll be Willsmore. Webster is also out of contract but I see a bit more in him for some reason.

With pick 88 wouldn't mind going for a mature age player.

Reckon we'll save cap space next year, assess Roughead's health for 2018 and attack free agency next year while finishing top 4 still.

Also, if we bomb next year and finish bottom 4 somehow, we could release Bruest and Birchall to free agency to get back into the draft.

Pick 88 and upgrade Stewart and Woodward for mine.

We still need to delist 2 more players though.
I think if either Litherland or Spangher get an offer from somewhere we'll delist them to let them get to their club otherwise I think it'll be Willsmore. Webster is also out of contract but I see a bit more in him for some reason.

With pick 88 wouldn't mind going for a mature age player.

Could go for someone like Nathan Broad or Shane Yarran

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reckon we'll save cap space next year, assess Roughead's health for 2018 and attack free agency next year while finishing top 4 still.

Also, if we bomb next year and finish bottom 4 somehow, we could release Bruest and Birchall to free agency to get back into the draft.

Not sure what we'd get for them in free agency. Birchall is 29 next season and the afl will probably say a pick isn't deserved for a player in his "age bracket" and bruest might get us a late second rounder if we're lucky, compared to a first rounder if we trade him out

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well draft day is going to be sh*t for the next 2 years at least, used to love that day and will really miss it and the lead up. With our 3 picks this year I'd use the first pick on the best available as I'm sure there would be a kid slip through that we really liked, the second on a delisted free agent (ruck/mid) and the third on upgrading Stewart.

I have a feeling that we'll definitely take a free agent as our depth has certainly thinned out over the past two off seasons. Both midfielders and rucks will be looked at I imagine. Barlow could be value for 1 year until we get our next gun mid in free agency next year and whist Burton, Lovell and Howe mature further.

Well draft day is going to be sh*t for the next 2 years at least, used to love that day and will really miss it and the lead up. With our 3 picks this year I'd use the first pick on the best available as I'm sure there would be a kid slip through that we really liked, the second on a delisted free agent (ruck/mid) and the third on upgrading Stewart.

I have a feeling that we'll definitely take a free agent as our depth has certainly thinned out over the past two off seasons. Both midfielders and rucks will be looked at I imagine. Barlow could be value for 1 year until we get our next gun mid in free agency next year and whist Burton, Lovell and Howe mature further.
Why would we let 2 4 time premier mids who will both probably become legends of our club go and then pick up Barlow to fill a void for a year. Time is for these holes to be filled by the players we picked up and the players we already have. The group of mids we now have to get more mid Time and more responsibility to see what they have. Barlow is a bad call.

Any chance we pick up a delisted free agent from this point on? Do we have to clear space first (players 1st) or can we delist our players after securing a player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back