5. Head
6. Bailey
7. Faulkner
8. Abbott
9. Cummins
10. Zampa
11. Laughlin

Probably forgetting a few

I would make Sutherland go out and face Sri Lanka, seeing as he doesn't care if the best team can play and only cares about money.

Seriously, between this and the NZ one day series, CA has cocked up this summer. Tests were way too early. Adelaide should have an Australia day test as last of the Summer.

Last edited:
I figure the make-up will be determined by how selectors balance the 'need' to win versus the desire to give younger players exposure in internationals.

With another round of BBL matches still to be played, some possible selections include:

Finch (vc)
Dunk/Quiney
Lynn
Head
Bailey (c)
Henriquez/Stoinis/Turner
Neville/Paine/Whiteman
Faulkner
Cummings
Zampa
Tye
-
Abbott/Boland/Richardson
Beer/Green

I figure the make-up will be determined by how selectors balance the 'need' to win versus the desire to give younger players exposure in internationals.

Finch
+Paine
White
Lynn
Head
Bailey
Faulkner
Botha
Cummins
Abbott
Zampa

If they were trying to win something like that.

Only half trolling with Botha ;)

Bowling is going to get destroyed whichever way you go I feel. Tye/Laughlin do well with their change of pace in the big bash but both got stick going up a level in the past and that's why I picked Abbott but geez no confidence there.

Last edited:
Finch
+Paine
White
Lynn
Head
Bailey
Faulkner
Botha
Cummins
Abbott
Zampa

If they were trying to win something like that.

Only half trolling with Botha ;)

Bowling is going to get destroyed whichever way you go I feel. Tye/Laughlin do well with their change of pace in the big bash but both got stick going up a level in the past and that's why I picked Abbott but geez no confidence there.

Add Big Billy Stanlake to the possibles.

As stupid as scheduling this series to conflict with the India tour leaving, maybe now CA will pick a team that is good at T20's as opposed to adding a couple of players to the test/one day XI. As good as Steve Smith is in tests and one dayers he is an avg T20 and rarely plays enough games, Michael Clarke was a horrible T20 player he should of been dropped long before he retired.

Hopefully they actually pick based on Big Bash form.

Finch (c)
Dunk (wk)
Lynn
Head
White
Bailey
Faulkner
Cummins
Zampa
Tye
Stanlake

Stoinis
Ahmed/Boyce
Laughlin/Abbott
Burns? Henriques? Christian?

As stupid as scheduling this series to conflict with the India tour leaving, maybe now CA will pick a team that is good at T20's as opposed to adding a couple of players to the test/one day XI. As good as Steve Smith is in tests and one dayers he is an avg T20 and rarely plays enough games, Michael Clarke was a horrible T20 player he should of been dropped long before he retired.
It hasn't been like that for years. Get with it.

I would make Sutherland go out and face Sri Lanka, seeing as he doesn't care if the best team can play and only cares about money.

Seriously, between this and the NZ one day series, CA has cocked up this summer. Tests were way too early. Adelaide should have an Australia day test as last of the Summer.
And its' unfair to the people of Geelong, who thought they were getting a fully fledged T20 international when it was announced. Then after tickets were released, oh no, sorry, it's Australia's 3rd 11 you'll get to see. The only thing that will win back a few fans is Finch playing, as Geelong's his home ground.

And its' unfair to the people of Geelong, who thought they were getting a fully fledged T20 international when it was announced. Then after tickets were released, oh no, sorry, it's Australia's 3rd 11 you'll get to see. The only thing that will win back a few fans is Finch playing, as Geelong's his home ground.
The people of Geelong have had 5 days of test, 7 BBL matches an 2 ODI's and another T20i that they could have gone to. It's not as if they didn't have options.

This was our sides in the last two T20 matches played (vs Sri Lanka).

1. Maxwell
2. Warner
3. Khawaja
4. Head
5. Bailey / Wade
6. Henriques
7. Nevill
8. Faulkner
9. Starc
10. Zampa
11. Boland / Hastings

There's 4 omissions to accomodate the test tour (Maxwell, Warner, Khawaja, Starc). Henriques, Boland / Hastings (inj) makes 6 changes with Bailey and Nevill other possible outs. The ODI squad possibly gives some indication (Stoinis, Stanlake, Cummins / Finch, Bailey) and with Langer as coach I wouldn't be surprised to see Klinger in contention.

1. Klinger
2. Finch
3. Lynn
4. Head
5. Bailey
6. Stoinis
7. Paine / Nevill
8. Faulkner
9. Cummins
10. Zampa
11. Stanlake

Tempted to edit the thread title to Big Bash Allstars v. Sril Lanka.
I'd probably be more interested in an all Stars game. East v west splitting the melb & sydney teams by location aswell
Probably get more crowd than an intl T20

They were held in Melbourne, which is only just over an hour away by train.

Don't sensationalise.
So? If a city is given an international cricket match involving Australia, they expect THE Australian team to play, I would have thought.

Back