Preview Face / Off - Adelaide Crows versus Gold Coast's Uns

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone loves the Gold Coast. The sun, the surf, the beaches, .... ummm... the surf??

Some of the locals preparing for the big match:

images

Ah well, the fact that there is nothing to do there hasn't stopped it being the favourite Western Destination of Chinese holidaymakers:

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...y/news-story/f60d4aff3d9de0195f0e1bcb645699c6

Ken Hinkley loved it there too. Apparently after being at Port for a few years he was pining for the Gold Coast, and the club admin tried to cheer him up by asking what he most missed about the GC, and they would go out and get it for him. He said he really "missed the charlie" and could they get the Gold Coast scouts to "Forward him some of the good s**t". (*)
Unfortunately there was a bit of purple monkey dishwasher and he just ended up with a s**t forward, Charlie instead.

Anyway, on to the big match:

upload_2017-4-18_14-48-32.jpeg vs
images

The form:

Despite the personal beliefs of this correspondent, there was some apprehension about Adelaide's prospects on the BF board before the season started. After a 4-0 start, even some of the glass-half-empty brigade are beginning to feel the excitement.
Gold Coast after a poor start, have won their last 2 matches, and currently occupy 9th spot. It will be interesting to see whether they move up or down when Richmond come back to claim it.

Is this a false awakening, or a real resurgence from Gold Coast as they try to return to their halcyon days of Karmichael Hunt and that bloke who rhymes with orange?

The venue:

Metricon has been a happy hunting ground for the AFC, illustrated by the AFLW grand final victory, and the undefeated 9-0 record of the men's team dating back to the happy days of Chrissy Skase. Apparently however, the locals are lining up for a first hand look at the unbeaten Crows:

frontgate-520x249.ashx

The matchups:

Luke Brown versus Gary Ablett Jr
Luke Brown has shown a return to form this year, in being able to shut down opposition small forwards. Can he do the job of containing one of the best players in the league when he spends time forward?
Gary Ablett has shown signs of age catching up with him recently, as these photos from the beginning, and end of his GC career show:

upload_2017-4-18_15-13-12.jpeg upload_2017-4-18_15-13-19.jpeg

Daniel Talia & Kyle Hartigan versus Peter Wright & "the other" Tom Lynch
Two dangerous forwards, and Hartigan had his colours lowered slightly against Essendon. I'll back him in to return to top form against "the other".

Not the real Tom Lynch:
Gold+Coast+Suns+Media+Session+PayI7hPzUNHl.jpg

Eddie Betts versus The Laws of Physics

As a mathematician, I would tend to naturally fall on the side of the impossible being impossible. the last 3 years however have shown me that Eddie can do whatever he bloody well likes. So there.

Thanks dude316 - everyone please enjoy watching this on a loop until Saturday:

Injury News:

Jake Kelly is doubtful for Adelaide, after receiving his biggest poke since Dad Craig used to man up against him in backyard footy. Charlie Cameron has general soreness, which matches well with his "general bloody excellence". Brad Crouch may or may not be coming in for his first AFL game this year. Gold Coast will be hopeful that the 4th best Rory in the league makes it back from a quad injury.

The verdict:

The football played by Adelaide has been irrepressible at times this year. They have tended to have a poor quarter or so in each game, but more than a half of their best footy ought to be enough to see off the Gold Coast Suns.

Adelaide by 67 points.

(*) Not meant to imply that Ken takes, or condones the use of drugs in any form. Story is made up for humourous purposes. The views expressed are solely that of Bigfooty, and the writer takes no personal responsibility.

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-18_15-10-2.jpeg
    upload_2017-4-18_15-10-2.jpeg
    12 KB · Views: 9

I am never confident..
What changes will the Suns make? will Hanley be back? Swallow play after his ankle injury on the weekend? we know that May is out, Barlow had ice on his hammy but will now play..

Everyone loves the Gold Coast. The sun, the surf, the beaches, .... ummm... the surf??

Some of the locals preparing for the big match:

images

Ah well, the fact that there is nothing to do there hasn't stopped it being the favourite Western Destination of Chinese holidaymakers:

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...y/news-story/f60d4aff3d9de0195f0e1bcb645699c6

Ken Hinkley loved it there too. Apparently after being at Port for a few years he was pining for the Gold Coast, and the club admin tried to cheer him up by asking what he most missed about the GC, and they would go out and get it for him. He said he really "missed the charlie" and could they get the Gold Coast scouts to "Forward him some of the good s**t". (*)
Unfortunately there was a bit of purple monkey dishwasher and he just ended up with a s**t forward, Charlie instead.

Anyway, on to the big match:

View attachment 359077 vs
images

The form:

Despite the personal beliefs of this correspondent, there was some apprehension about Adelaide's prospects on the BF board before the season started. After a 4-0 start, even some of the glass-half-empty brigade are beginning to feel the excitement.
Gold Coast after a poor start, have won their last 2 matches, and currently occupy 9th spot. It will be interesting to see whether they move up or down when Richmond come back to claim it.

Is this a false awakening, or a real resurgence from Gold Coast as they try to return to their halcyon days of Karmichael Hunt and that bloke who rhymes with orange?

The venue:

Metricon has been a happy hunting ground for the AFC, illustrated by the AFLW grand final victory, and the undefeated 9-0 record of the men's team dating back to the happy days of Chrissy Skase. Apparently however, the locals are lining up for a first hand look at the unbeaten Crows:

frontgate-520x249.ashx

The matchups:

Luke Brown versus Gary Ablett Jr
Luke Brown has shown a return to form this year, in being able to shut down opposition small forwards. Can he do the job of containing one of the best players in the league when he spends time forward?
Gary Ablett has shown signs of age catching up with him recently, as these photos from the beginning, and end of his GC career show:

View attachment 359088View attachment 359089

Daniel Talia & Kyle Hartigan versus Peter Wright & "the other" Tom Lynch
Two dangerous forwards, and Hartigan had his colours lowered slightly against Essendon. I'll back him in to return to top form against "the other".

Not the real Tom Lynch:
Gold+Coast+Suns+Media+Session+PayI7hPzUNHl.jpg

Eddie Betts versus The Laws of Physics

As a mathematician, I would tend to naturally fall on the side of the impossible being impossible. the last 3 years however have shown me that Eddie can do whatever he bloody well likes. So there.

Thanks dude316 - everyone please enjoy watching this on a loop until Saturday:

Injury News:

Jake Kelly is doubtful for Adelaide, after receiving his biggest poke since Dad Craig used to man up against him in backyard footy. Charlie Cameron has general soreness, which matches well with his "general bloody excellence". Brad Crouch may or may not be coming in for his first AFL game this year. Gold Coast will be hopeful that the 4th best Rory in the league makes it back from a quad injury.

The verdict:

The football played by Adelaide has been irrepressible at times this year. They have tended to have a poor quarter or so in each game, but more than a half of their best footy ought to be enough to see off the Gold Coast Suns.

Adelaide by 67 points.

(*) Not meant to imply that Ken takes, or condones the use of drugs in any form. Story is made up for humourous purposes. The views expressed are solely that of Bigfooty, and the writer takes no personal responsibility.

Cool Faceoff, bro. Now rhyme 'silver.'

I am never confident..
What changes will the Suns make? will Hanley be back? Swallow play after his ankle injury on the weekend? we know that May is out, Barlow had ice on his hammy but will now play..

Apparently Hanley got injured in his return NEAFL game on the weekend

he is a good player and I hope to see him back to his best soon after the awful news of his brother passing away.. but he can wait one more week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Hanley got injured in his return NEAFL game on the weekend

he is a good player and I hope to see him back to his best soon after the awful news of his brother passing away.. but he can wait one more week
yep in a moonboot during the game. I doubt he will play or be risked.

Gold Coast have shown some decent form in getting the job done and belting Hawthorn and Carlton.

Like the Dons game this is one a supposedly top four team should win.

I hope we can start like last week and get them to employ similar negative tactics to Essendon to halt a blow out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ahahaha, Vinnie Mac interspersed with Eddie magic <3

I reckon this is a danger game, one that we could drop. I must admit, i have been saying this for about 605 games now so take it with a grain of salt... (although i am right 46.45% of the time)

Hello Crows fans.
I like your write up, humorous, witty yet realistic.
Looking forward to this one, expecting a loss. Just interested in seeing by how much. Hoping it's not over by half time like last year.
Last time Talia had a field day with Tom Lynch. (the real one) hopefully the delivery will be better from the midfield this year, enabling Lynchy to get on the lead.
Steven May out. Barlow trained today, Swallow said to be playing although I'm doubtful. Hoping Rory Thompson will be back otherwise we have no tall backs.
Good luck, hoping for no new injuries. As an SA based sun's supporter I get to Adelaide oval quite a lot and enjoy the way your lads are playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back