Preview Face / Off - Adelaide Crows versus Gold Coast's Uns

Remove this Banner Ad

If our guys turn up to play, we'll win this and win it comfortably. Only risk for us is if we're not mentally switched on due to complacency or whatever reason. Either that or 22 separate misfortunes hitting our players in the next 24 hours or so.

I forgot to tell you guys that I am the coach driver for the crows this week to get them to the ground, don't worry though, I know this great shortcut through the Nerang river.

I forgot to tell you guys that I am the coach driver for the crows this week to get them to the ground, don't worry though, I know this great shortcut through the Nerang river.

Flashy after the game...

1Oosrw.gif

Ha ha that's great. Don't accidentally drive off the Story Bridge. :eek:

The Story Bridge? Am I dropping them off at the Gabba?

Don't tell the bookies, I might load up on us for the win.

I hope you're not like the rest of the drivers on the Gold coast. I've just come from there. Never have I seen such putrid driving and road manners and prangs and further north Brisbane, FMD the layout of the roads, just bulldoze yourself and start again.

I hope you're not like the rest of the drivers on the Gold coast. I've just come from there. Never have I seen such putrid driving and road manners and prangs and further north Brisbane, FMD the layout of the roads, just bulldoze yourself and start again.

I think Brisbane roads were just laid down over the old horse tracks from 100 years ago. The fun thing is the further north you go, the less *s are given on the road.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Suns made a late change with Brooksby coming into the side to sure up their defence

This is our best midfield to date with the mix of Sauce, Sloane, M Crouch, B Crouch, Douglas, Rat, Hampton, Knight and Charlie so if we can win the midfield battle our forwards will get plenty of supply to hopefully expose a pretty inexperienced and short GC back 6

I wouldn't be surprised if the Suns made a late change with Brooksby coming into the side to sure up their defence

This is our best midfield to date with the mix of Sauce, Sloane, M Crouch, B Crouch, Douglas, Rat, Hampton, Knight and Charlie so if we can win the midfield battle our forwards will get plenty of supply to hopefully expose a pretty inexperienced and short GC back 6
It's basically the best midfield we've got now, excluding maybe Seedsman, who is an outside winger (I think Thompson is now outside our best midfield).

Everyone loves the Gold Coast. The sun, the surf, the beaches, .... ummm... the surf??

Some of the locals preparing for the big match:

images

Ah well, the fact that there is nothing to do there hasn't stopped it being the favourite Western Destination of Chinese holidaymakers:

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...y/news-story/f60d4aff3d9de0195f0e1bcb645699c6

Ken Hinkley loved it there too. Apparently after being at Port for a few years he was pining for the Gold Coast, and the club admin tried to cheer him up by asking what he most missed about the GC, and they would go out and get it for him. He said he really "missed the charlie" and could they get the Gold Coast scouts to "Forward him some of the good s**t". (*)
Unfortunately there was a bit of purple monkey dishwasher and he just ended up with a s**t forward, Charlie instead.

Anyway, on to the big match:

View attachment 359077 vs
images

The form:

Despite the personal beliefs of this correspondent, there was some apprehension about Adelaide's prospects on the BF board before the season started. After a 4-0 start, even some of the glass-half-empty brigade are beginning to feel the excitement.
Gold Coast after a poor start, have won their last 2 matches, and currently occupy 9th spot. It will be interesting to see whether they move up or down when Richmond come back to claim it.

Is this a false awakening, or a real resurgence from Gold Coast as they try to return to their halcyon days of Karmichael Hunt and that bloke who rhymes with orange?

The venue:

Metricon has been a happy hunting ground for the AFC, illustrated by the AFLW grand final victory, and the undefeated 9-0 record of the men's team dating back to the happy days of Chrissy Skase. Apparently however, the locals are lining up for a first hand look at the unbeaten Crows:

frontgate-520x249.ashx

The matchups:

Luke Brown versus Gary Ablett Jr
Luke Brown has shown a return to form this year, in being able to shut down opposition small forwards. Can he do the job of containing one of the best players in the league when he spends time forward?
Gary Ablett has shown signs of age catching up with him recently, as these photos from the beginning, and end of his GC career show:

View attachment 359088View attachment 359089

Daniel Talia & Kyle Hartigan versus Peter Wright & "the other" Tom Lynch
Two dangerous forwards, and Hartigan had his colours lowered slightly against Essendon. I'll back him in to return to top form against "the other".

Not the real Tom Lynch:
Gold+Coast+Suns+Media+Session+PayI7hPzUNHl.jpg

Eddie Betts versus The Laws of Physics

As a mathematician, I would tend to naturally fall on the side of the impossible being impossible. the last 3 years however have shown me that Eddie can do whatever he bloody well likes. So there.

Thanks dude316 - everyone please enjoy watching this on a loop until Saturday:

Injury News:

Jake Kelly is doubtful for Adelaide, after receiving his biggest poke since Dad Craig used to man up against him in backyard footy. Charlie Cameron has general soreness, which matches well with his "general bloody excellence". Brad Crouch may or may not be coming in for his first AFL game this year. Gold Coast will be hopeful that the 4th best Rory in the league makes it back from a quad injury.

The verdict:

The football played by Adelaide has been irrepressible at times this year. They have tended to have a poor quarter or so in each game, but more than a half of their best footy ought to be enough to see off the Gold Coast Suns.

Adelaide by 67 points.

(*) Not meant to imply that Ken takes, or condones the use of drugs in any form. Story is made up for humourous purposes. The views expressed are solely that of Bigfooty, and the writer takes no personal responsibility.

Can we all please look at this margin and perhaps suggest that dogs105 does the preview every week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The verdict:

The football played by Adelaide has been irrepressible at times this year. They have tended to have a poor quarter or so in each game, but more than a half of their best footy ought to be enough to see off the Gold Coast Suns.

Adelaide by 67 points.
The games not finished yet you clown ;)
That's why it's called a preview

Remove this Banner Ad

Back