Autopsy Autopsy vs Saints - Nadir

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the biggest problems is the quality of delivery into F50. Really really need to start making leads instead of kicking it high where our forwards are non existent in taking pack marks. I watched one center clearance in the 3rd quarter where we got a quick break away from the middle and instead BB leading into space and he went back into a pack.

We have the worst set up possible, like literally.

Thumbs up to the AFL tonight for giving Leigh Fisher the opportunity to have a run around with his mates
He was disgraceful
Absolutely didn't call the 50/50s that were there for us and he did for the Saints.
Between he and Schmidt it was pathetic.
He's the worst of the lot.

We are no longer North nor the Kangaroos. We are now formally to be known as "the shoddily-skilled, fumbling butchers of Arden St".

That game was so devoid of anything good that my heart rate barely lifted past 77. For three hours I sat there amongst a pathetic turn out of 26,000 with my eyes glazed over; looking blankly towards a bunch of irrelevant imposters running around like headless chooks.

I really believe we are seeing the results of so many compromised drafts. We haven't been able to find a highly skilled midfielder and we are left with solid inside players with below average skills.

We really need some high level draft picks to come through our side with high end skills and some actual pace.

I think we need to keep playing Mountford because he could be a pretty decent player with a few games. Has pace, decent skills (they will get better with game time) and loves to tackle.

Was another awful half of footy but I'm not sure what everyone expected. We always play like poo after a bye.

One of the biggest problems is the quality of delivery into F50. Really really need to start making leads instead of kicking it high where our forwards are non existent in taking pack marks. I watched one center clearance in the 3rd quarter where we got a quick break away from the middle and instead BB leading into space and he went back into a pack.

We have the worst set up possible, like literally.
The effectiveness of the forward unit is largely dependent on the ability of the mids and half forwards to provide them with sufficient space in which to get to work. They were on a hiding to nothing tonight

Sickening. Goldy and Atley were good when the game was actually in the balance.

Turner you can allow a bad game, Wood picks and chooses too much, Brown had a shocker, Hrovat atrocious with ball in hand, Mullet = meh, Hansen = horrible. Mountford was ok. Don't know who to drop.

Our attempts at link up play and attacking handball were beyond putrid. This HAS to be as bad as it gets. St Kilda are nothing special.

Flying under the radar is Dumont. What's he offering exactly at the moment?

Last edited:
Anderson I've been a fan of for a while. He will not make it though. In a soft game like that you can't go a half without touching it. Sad to see but we lost out with acquiring him.

Jacobs is still the most important player to this team. God I miss him :(

Hansen dropped that sitter in the opening minute and saints piled on the next five goals. Thank you Lachie but no thanks.
Had an okay year but that s**t is inexcusable and sums up the the club from the last 15 years. Battlers. Nearly there's. No polish. Just piss poor average.

Ziebell should never have been made captain. At a point where he needs to be hidden somewhere on the ground. Don't know where he's useful anymore.

Dumont is actually soft. Really surprised at how poor he is. Which disappoints me because I rated him much higher than his output so far. Multiple times shirked a contest and it was evident for all to see.

Turner looks spent. Was really poor the last couple weeks but that's because he has no mates.

Waite, Brown and Wood isn't working. I don't know why. Two talls, one tall, three talls none of it matters cause we can't kick the ******* thing so might as well load up on smalls.

Just mehh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sickening. Goldy and Atley were good when the game was actually in the balance.

Turner you can allow a bad game, Wood picks and chooses too much, Brown had a shocker, Hrovat atrocious with ball in hand, Mullet = meh, Hansen = horrible. Mountford was ok. Don't know who to drop.

Our attempts link up play and attacking handball were beyond putrid. This HAS to be as bad as it gets. St Kilda are nothing special.

Flying under the radar is Dumont. What's he offering exactly at the moment?

Legitimately the only bloke on our list that can deliver the ball inside 50 at the moment.

Jack can no longer line up at centre bounces, the amount of times he finds himself on the ground while the opposition whisk the ball away is rivaled only by the time he holds onto the ball when he does get it. Infuriatingly slow.

Turner and Garner will probably escape criticism because this board loves them but they need to find a way to get their hands on the ball. Between them and Anderson there are very few touches going on in the half-forward line.

Desperately need to mix it up in the midfield.

Forget 'play the kids for the future', play them for now. We just about looked our best when Mountford and Clarke had the ball.

There is no value playing Hansen over Durdin, I'm afraid that Lachie is done. His mistakes are too numerous to excuse.

I do not see the point playing Waite over Majak either.

Legitimately the only bloke on our list that can deliver the ball inside 50 at the moment.

Jack can no longer line up at centre bounces, the amount of times he finds himself on the ground while the opposition whisk the ball away is rivaled only by the time he holds onto the ball when he does get it. Infuriatingly slow.

Turner and Garner will probably escape criticism because this board loves them but they need to find a way to get their hands on the ball. Between them and Anderson there are very few touches going on in the half-forward line.

Desperately need to mix it up in the midfield.

Forget 'play the kids for the future', play them for now. We just about looked our best when Mountford and Clarke had the ball.

There is no value playing Hansen over Durdin, I'm afraid that Lachie is done. His mistakes are too numerous to excuse.

I do not see the point playing Waite over Majak either.

Indeed - which was why it stood out so much how poor he was in this regard tonight. Just venting frustration because I know he can be so much better.

Agree with the rest of your post. Our midfield must be the blandest in the comp.

The effectiveness of the forward unit is largely dependent on the ability of the mids and half forwards to provide them with sufficient space in which to get to work. They were on a hiding to nothing tonight
It's not just tonight, it's been s**t for a long time now.

Anderson I've been a fan of for a while. He will not make it though. In a soft game like that you can't go a half without touching it. Sad to see but we lost out with acquiring him.

Jacobs is still the most important player to this team. God I miss him :(

Hansen dropped that sitter in the opening minute and saints piled on the next five goals. Thank you Lachie but no thanks.
Had an okay year but that s**t is inexcusable and sums up the the club from the last 15 years. Battlers. Nearly there's. No polish. Just piss poor average.

Ziebell should never have been made captain. At a point where he needs to be hidden somewhere on the ground. Don't know where he's useful anymore.

Dumont is actually soft. Really surprised at how poor he is. Which disappoints me because I rated him much higher than his output so far. Multiple times shirked a contest and it was evident for all to see.

Turner looks spent. Was really poor the last couple weeks but that's because he has no mates.

Waite, Brown and Wood isn't working. I don't know why. Two talls, one tall, three talls none of it matters cause we can't kick the ******* thing so might as well load up on smalls.

Just mehh
Agree 100%

I rated dumont and jed too. Dumont looks a shell of his former self. May need to go vack to tge VFL and get some confidence in his game. Getting smashed by kennedy and a few others hasn't helped like a thought it might.

It's not just tonight, it's been s**t for a long time now.
When they have space Brown and Waite are excellent on the lead. If the team can't provide that then the balance should change.

Just reading the tweets from Brad's press conference. I sincerely hope it hasn't taken until tonight for the value of skills training to become apparent.

Dont stress, we have it covered.

At North Melbourne regular skill acquisition sessions with assistant coaches have helped tidy up his errant kicking.

“We do a lot of skills in the morning, we come out to the oval and we have little areas you have to work and I do that with Gavin Brown and Brad Green. You work on that over and over in the 15 minutes you have.

Also a big thumbs down to Etihad security, walking around with thuggish looks on their faces.
From walking into the ground to right throughout the game, I understand what's going on in other parts of the world but this isn't ******* Europe.
I will not let my love of the club and the 8 times I get to see my team play each year get ruined by misguided and preempted fear and have my experience lowered on the basis of possible terror.

This is Aussie rules. This is my sport.
The worst night at the football I have ever experienced, right through to our own supporters dobbing in their own because they are venting. The bloke losing his marbles loves the club just as much as you and I - so I say let him vent. If you don't like hearing swearing at the footy then I'm sorry but stay home. This isn't a be mindful of your language because kids are present thing. I know what to expect when I take my kids to the footy. Though my kids will know what is appropriate and what isn't because I would have taught them so. If any true North supporter could have sat there the last two weeks and copped that performance without getting frustrated you surely are not human.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back