Autopsy Autopsy vs Saints - Nadir

Remove this Banner Ad

That was a tough night.
Has to be the worst three-goal loss in AFL history. We stunk and Saints should have killed us. They weren't great.
Basic skills again lamentable.
Crowd poor. Seemed to be hardly any Saints fans there??? Why wouldn't they turn up?
Umpire Fisher. Amusing.
I thought Atley, Mountford, Williams and Gibson did ok. Mountford the big positive. Cunners got a lot of it but didn't really have an impact. Frustrating when he turns over those one-step kicks.
Mullett tried hard and finally kicked a goal.
Dumont had a stinker. Persist.
Ziebs tried but no real influence. Late in the game was out of gas and could barely get into a jog.
Goldy was ok, but I can't work out the plan on kick ins after behinds. He positions himself 90m away. He is never a target for a long kick. He's in no-man's land. Is this a plan? Seems to be as it happens every time.
Waite terrible again. It might be over. Majak to get another chance. McKay late in season?
Hansen. I like Lachie and he's been fair this year, but it's time for a change. We need to pump games into Durdin and one of Lachie and Thomspon must go. Lachie loses out.
Turner. Two horrific weeks after two good months.
Wood. Fires for three minutes a game. But we must persist.
Garner. See Turner.
Hrovat. Only bloke who hit a target inside 50.
Higgins. Tried but had too much to do.
McDonald. Tried but made many errors.
Tarrant. A sea of composure in an ocean of panic.
Jed. No words. :(. Surely the experiment is over.

Hansen, Anderson and Waite should be the casualties next week.
My eyes were tonight.

Mountford and Clarke gave me some hope. Atley was back to 2011 form.

There is absolutely nothing else positive about the night, other than the Chicken Big Mac I had which was really nice.

8/10; will eat again.

Hope you didn't spill any on your good pants.

Dangerous time at the moment for the club in terms of the Melbourne membership - back to back unacceptable crowd numbers and of course terrible on field effort.

Hate to say it but the bottom line is that we have played 2 well supported Melbourne based clubs and we would have made more money playing these games in Hobart.

There will need to be a response to this from the club - and i am not thinking a in Preuss, out Goldstein type of response - that horse has bolted.

The response will need to be club wide and emphatic. I hope we have the capability and will to do it.

Dangerous time at the moment for the club in terms of the Melbourne membership - back to back unacceptable crowd numbers and of course terrible on field effort.

Hate to say it but the bottom line is that we have played 2 well supported Melbourne based clubs and we would have made more money playing these games in Hobart.

There will need to be a response to this from the club - and i am not thinking a in Preuss, out Goldstein type of response - that horse has bolted.

The response will need to be club wide and emphatic. I hope we have the capability and will to do it.

Such as?

Hmmm must be time for the Annual Raffle ticket fiasco to arrive in the mail box to rub more indignation into wounds....

Look...I went to Boomers 400th...425th...the last Melbourne game and then over to Adelaide for the Final plus bought the book and the souvenirs.

Now be fricked if I want to see him go around the ground AGAIN after all that.

I didnt go tonight because of this though...at the end of the week driving home at midnight to get into bed at 1.45am is not safe.

I thought Sts played good clean 1 touch footy Found a man kicked goals We cld not stick on em, maybe Jmac makes a difference

Now all week we heard about M'ford are all u people aware he is 75kg He looks like a schoolkid or like Turner and ando
And turner cannot pass the ball, he floats it bring LT back please And Wagner too

Now wood garner dumont
These guys are killing us
Swallow as of now offers more than dumont bring him back

I back JZ simply for this reason that half this team are just plain soft
Waite useless daw in

Do we have any system in place for kick-ins? We are so s*** at it. Have been for 15 years.
The kick it to the boundry line to at decent contested mark

or

kick it short to the pocket and then kick it long to the decent contested mark

Reminds me of when i played under 12s. The coach would get a huddle to start on one side and put our best two marks on the other. Then kick it to the 2 and hope for the best. The problem is we are so slow when it hits the deck that most of the time it's a win if it does over the boundry line. Low risk, low reward type stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such as?

Hmmm must be time for the Annual Raffle ticket fiasco to arrive in the mail box to rub more indignation into wounds....

Look...I went to Boomers 400th...425th...the last Melbourne game and then over to Adelaide for the Final plus bought the book and the souvenirs.
Sure, you did all that, BUT you didn't come into the fricking pub!!

Also a big thumbs down to Etihad security, walking around with thuggish looks on their faces.
From walking into the ground to right throughout the game, I understand what's going on in other parts of the world but this isn't ******* Europe.
I will not let my love of the club and the 8 times I get to see my team play each year get ruined by misguided and preempted fear and have my experience lowered on the basis of possible terror.

This is Aussie rules. This is my sport.
The worst night at the football I have ever experienced, right through to our own supporters dobbing in their own because they are venting. The bloke losing his marbles loves the club just as much as you and I - so I say let him vent. If you don't like hearing swearing at the footy then I'm sorry but stay home. This isn't a be mindful of your language because kids are present thing. I know what to expect when I take my kids to the footy. Though my kids will know what is appropriate and what isn't because I would have taught them so. If any true North supporter could have sat there the last two weeks and copped that performance without getting frustrated you surely are not human.
That supporter will need to make a public apology to the player he upset with all that negative language!

The montagna pat of the back stuff tonight was sickening. They talked him up all night to make up for last week's issue. We whinge about the game turning soft, but soon we are going to start facing issues with players vs. Supporters. Last night lingy and co. were talking about players being human and we should ease off the negative stuff. With mental illness being front and centre everything will turn into an over the top approach just like the concussion stuff. I'm scared to say "out:goldy" just in case he's reading this, it keeps him up all night, he talks about it on AFL 360, and everyone thinks I'm even more of a campaigner than they already do.

the Chicken Big Mac I had which was really nice.

8/10; will eat again.
Agreed. Had one the other day. Went nuts and ordered an extra chicken pattie. Yep 3 in total. Felt guilty for spending an extra $1.20 on the pattie so instead of going overboard and ordering cheese on it i went home and cut up some coon tasty light and put it in there.

That supporter will need to make a public apology to the player he upset with all that negative language!

The montagna pat of the back stuff tonight was sickening. They talked him up all night to make up for last week's issue. We whinge about the game turning soft, but soon we are going to start facing issues with players vs. Supporters. Last night lingy and co. were talking about players being human and we should ease off the negative stuff. With mental illness being front and centre everything will turn into an over the top approach just like the concussion stuff. I'm scared to say "out:goldy" just in case he's reading this, it keeps him up all night, he talks about it on AFL 360, and everyone thinks I'm even more of a campaigner than they already do.

..hmmm.

Well avoid reading the Jed Thread...Jed.

Agreed. Had one the other day. Went nuts and ordered an extra chicken pattie. Yep 3 in total. Felt guilty for spending an extra $1.20 on the pattie so instead of going overboard and ordering cheese on it i went home and cut up some coon tasty light and put it in there.

The light cheese will assist.

Good move.

Read thru 3 pages soz dudes couldnt beyond that. FFS face up to the longitudinal analysis, Scott is cooked stick a fork in him and fork him off ASAP. Hoe many careers has he killed? How many Premierships will he win at NMFC? None. Will he do so somewhere else? Most likely. Why? Because he won't be too firhghtened to implement the changes he knows he should have done 5 years ago here at NMFC in terms of player management and selection. Fair dinkum he has sucked the guts out of this club. When was the last time you saw a bloke just play his heart out for this club in a stevo, archer, carey, shagga, jones, sort of way?????? Brad can go and get ****ed the sooner we replace him the better

Remove this Banner Ad

Back