Autopsy Autopsy vs Saints - Nadir

Remove this Banner Ad

North don't deserve Friday night games with crowds like that. No way we'll keep Good Friday next year too.

Club trying to pump the crowd numbers with a Boomer tribute, and we still only get 26k. Disgraceful & our supporters should be ashamed of themselves.

I wouldn't go this far. Do we deserve Friday night games? No. Not because of the crowds though. It will be because around about half way through the second quarter, half the people watching on TV would have started wondering where the remote was. We'll keep Good Friday because it worked this year. Had last night been Good Friday, it would be gone.

The club is awful at "pumping up the crowd." Why bother? How many of the 26,000 last night would not have gone had it not been for seeing Boomer ride around the ground in the back of a car? The pre-match "entertainment" is rubbish. Lots too-loud "tough" montages showing the same action from last year every single week. (My 11yo son made me smile through the gloom though - at "North ARE Real" he thought out loud "North are real bad" and then remembering back to North ARE never beaten, about 15mins into the 1st quarter it was "North are beaten now.") But again, who goes along for that nonsense anyway? The bottom line is that the crowd would be somewhere near pumped up if they thought they we going to see a cracking game of footy. But the way we play isn't going to make that likely.

Supporters being ashamed of themselves? No. This is on the club, not the supporters. People's lives are busy, money can be tight, time is precious. There are a lot of things in the world to do and everyone has the choice to do whatever it is at that moment to make them happy. If going to watch North Melbourne play isn't doing it for them, that's their choice and they are perfectly entitled to do it. It's up to the club to make people think that going to a North game is a special experience and the only way to do that is through playing a tough and attractive style of football that more often than not gives them a chance to win. If they want people to buy then they need a good product. Last night's crowd was very poor and, based on the appalling product presented, subsequent crowds will be poorer.

Bad as that was Waite and Higgo get those missed goals from in front and Loogie doesn't get rorted with that holding decision and we win. One quarter of football ain't enough tho.
Winning and losing are irrelevant at the moment. We need to discover how to play footy.

I wouldn't go this far. Do we deserve Friday night games? No. Not because of the crowds though. It will be because around about half way through the second quarter, half the people watching on TV would have started wondering where the remote was. We'll keep Good Friday because it worked this year. Had last night been Good Friday, it would be gone.

The club is awful at "pumping up the crowd." Why bother? How many of the 26,000 last night would not have gone had it not been for seeing Boomer ride around the ground in the back of a car? The pre-match "entertainment" is rubbish. Lots too-loud "tough" montages showing the same action from last year every single week. (My 11yo son made me smile through the gloom though - at "North ARE Real" he thought out loud "North are real bad" and then remembering back to North ARE never beaten, about 15mins into the 1st quarter it was "North are beaten now.") But again, who goes along for that nonsense anyway? The bottom line is that the crowd would be somewhere near pumped up if they thought they we going to see a cracking game of footy. But the way we play isn't going to make that likely.

Supporters being ashamed of themselves? No. This is on the club, not the supporters. People's lives are busy, money can be tight, time is precious. There are a lot of things in the world to do and everyone has the choice to do whatever it is at that moment to make them happy. If going to watch North Melbourne play isn't doing it for them, that's their choice and they are perfectly entitled to do it. It's up to the club to make people think that going to a North game is a special experience and the only way to do that is through playing a tough and attractive style of football that more often than not gives them a chance to win. If they want people to buy then they need a good product. Last night's crowd was very poor and, based on the appalling product presented, subsequent crowds will be poorer.

Poty.

Dont mind losing

But if i am going to go to the effort of getting there on a Friday night from 200kms away I want a competitive effort.

Excellent post as usual MM.

These are my priority matches for the remainder of 2017:

http://media.heraldsun.com.au/fe/sport/afl/VFL2017.pdf

Just on the crowd...26000. Awful against another Melbourne team. It was built as a 50/50 game all week. Where was everyone?

And the atmosphere? Even before the game it was like a morgue. We have to be the most placid bunch of fans. The whole night was a huge fail for the club.
The crowd was s***house. We will be smashed in the media. We will lose Friday night football for at least 2 years now. We have a rusted on set of about 10000 supporters and the rest are as fickle as any other sides bandwagoners. Now the club is in bottom 4 form we will struggle to get a crowd for the rest of the year which will hit us hard financially.

Our output doesn't deserve an attendance of 26,000.

Even that figure flatters us.

Honestly, what person who was not a rusted on diehard, would bother to make the effort and pay good money to come and watch the s**t we have served up over the last month?
That is the very definition of fairweather. Just come along when things are great.

The crowd was s***house. We will be smashed in the media. We will lose Friday night football for at least 2 years now. We have a rusted on set of about 10000 supporters and the rest are as fickle as any other sides bandwagoners. Now the club is in bottom 4 form we will struggle to get a crowd for the rest of the year which will hit us hard financially.
Not sure it's as simple as that. Bringing the extra crowds is not just about ladder position - it's about it feeling worth the effort. The team is back between a rock and a hard place at the moment - a few older players hanging on and some not delivering all that much, no players like Daw and Simpkin who you know will give you some thrills, neither contending nor rising. I think we'd have better crowds with more dash and dare at selection and on the field, and with the effort and pressure we saw earlier in the year - it wouldn't be just about ladder because we'd know it would be fun and we'd be in with a shot of an upset.

That is the very definition of fairweather. Just come along when things are great.

LOL, you don't have a * ing clue about the road I have traveled following this footy team.

I am all for supporting a general boycott of our next home game. The bullshit would get dealt with real quick if that occurred.

Our game style needs to change. We're not the Bulldogs. Just the over use of handballs. Rather just see a Shepard and run. Centre bounce needs a change up. Winning the ball out of the centre then forward breeds confidence in the team. Bring in Maj or Preuss to change it up a bit. First fix the centre set up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allowing spare men off the back of contests absolutely ******* destroys us.

We don't have the speed to close down options let alone allow the opposition to have an un pressured outlet off the back of a stoppage.

IT HAPPENS EVERY ******* WEEK.

He was disgraceful
Absolutely didn't call the 50/50s that were there for us and he did for the Saints.
Between he and Schmidt it was pathetic.
He's the worst of the lot.
That was another totally over umpire game, where decisions seemed to be out of character with the actions that took place. The majority of umps don't seem to have much of a sense of the game, but they seem to feel compelled to pay something every now and then. At one end you see a minor touch in a marking contact draws a free, where at the other end a guy gets tackled to the ground before the ball arrives and it's play on.

There are many cases where push in the back is ignored but some other bloke gets a minor touch and the ump 60m away does the bloody marcel marceu imitation for the cameras to justify their existence.

Throws are allowed. Deliberate is pinged one week like its the worst sin in the bible, but next week, nah! Throw it in.

Umpiring might be thankless, and you never satisfy everybody, but it has to get better than it is.

Allowing spare men off the back of contests absolutely ******* destroys us.

We don't have the speed to close down options let alone allow the opposition to have an un pressured outlet off the back of a stoppage.

IT HAPPENS EVERY ******* WEEK.

Oh please, don't get me started on this!!!!!

The opposition CONSTANTLY park a bloke at 12 0'clock facing their goal face, safe in the knowledge that we will turn it over under pressure, not man this player up, and they can easily set up from the release.

We are THAT ****ing predictable to opposition coaches.

It's a tactical error that would get addressed in 10 minutes at the Spotswood 3rds, but is invisible to the coaching staff at North Melbourne.

The opposition CONSTANTLY park a bloke at 12 0'clock facing their goal face, safe in the knowledge that we will turn it over under pressure, not man this player up, and they can easily set up from the release.

It's a tactical error that would get addressed in 10 minutes at the Spotswood 3rds, but is invisible to the coaching staff at North Melbourne.

It's laughable.

Seriously?

We miss Wells 5 x as much as Boomer. I was happy he went in a way, we got more value for him than we would out of him in the next 2 years and weren't likely to be in a position that he'd be the difference but anyone that saw Wells last 20 games for us and thought they weren't better than Boomer's is willfully blind IMHO.

Lol :fire::thumbsu:

The comment wasn't based on their playing ability, it was delivery inside 50. Boomer was the best in the comp for 20 years.

I will have no slander of the Spotswood 3rds.

Sincerest apologies to the Woodsmen. I have embarrassed them with my comparison to North Melbourne.

:footy:I still reckon it's this Dosh Kelly and gold Dusty Martin thing . The players feel like they should be getting more cash . But with performances like the last 2 we ain't getting either and these spuds we have as players CGAGF........:footy:
If Kelly and Martin are still weighing up their futures we are making it a little easier for them.

Which is why I never get the "in Tudor" posts. When we change coach I don't want someone who has been part of the same decision-making team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back