List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the GO with our war chest .
If you have banked salary cap space for three years or something and you dont use it .
What happens ?

I doubt kelly leaves .
We have the means to satisfy Suns now with a trade , Carlton dont .
Remember Suns will value players before picks . Once again Carlton dont have anyone of value wanting a move , we possibly do.
They have a bloke by the name of Gibbs who is out the door, probably for the pick the crows get for Lever + either their late teen first rounder or a player. Gibbs also opens up a hole in their cap, and Daisy's FA deal has ended too. The Blues would be up to their necks if we were dealing this year...

They have a bloke by the name of Gibbs who is out the door, probably for the pick the crows get for Lever + either their late teen first rounder or a player. Gibbs also opens up a hole in their cap, and Daisy's FA deal has ended too. The Blues would be up to their necks if we were dealing this year...
I just don't get how Gibbs is worth more than Lever, especially to Adelaide who already have a great midfield. I've never rated Gibbs, am I wrong?

I just don't get how Gibbs is worth more than Lever, especially to Adelaide who already have a great midfield. I've never rated Gibbs, am I wrong?
He's lifted over the years Gibbs but your probably right.

I know the doco you're talking about, I've seen it as well.

The condition is CTE, can only be diagnosed 100% post mortem and the numbers of a recent study were extraordinarily high (110 of 111 NFL players).

The issues are that for all of the players tested (deceased) they played in an era where there were no concussion protocols whatsoever and also what the % of everyday people would have it (study only done on Gridiron players).

Surprisingly a recent study into concussion showed that soccer has the highest reported rate of concussions.

Paddy has been treated with 2 kid's gloves but he hasn't shown the obvious signs of permanent damage like players such as Justin Clarke from Brisbane.

I've heard that the Saints were inclined to give Paddy the rest of the year off so they could spend more time on his physical development and have him really hit the ground running next year as there wasn't going to be a heap to gain playing the last 4-5 games at Sandy

Yeah exactly, League of denial the doco is called. The problem was that it differs player to player as well so some seem more susceptible or have symptoms that appear at different time/pop up later in life.

My brother's a surgeon in a different field but knows a lot of the doctors and surgeons involved in footy and he says the it's really hard for the medical professionals to give advice in the climate where the only fool-proof evidence is, as you say, post mortem. They are all looking to the States because it is of course a more litigious society but there are already cases that are likely to pop up here as well in future (Greg Williams is one guy who has talked about it).

With the speed of our game increasing, the AFL and clubs will be trying to ensure that they have everything sorted when it comes to this issue and I have no doubt they will all be erring on the side of caution more and more in the coming years.

Interesting trade period if Tom Lynch does want the move a year earlier.
If it does happen , i know 1 club that is more advanced than the other to satisfy the Suns .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last thing we want is those campaigners at Carlton getting their greedy little hands on more top picks, we need them to keep as many nearly men like Gibbs and Murphy in their squad for as long as possible.
As long as Matty Wright is their leading goal kicker, they ain't going nowhere.

Crows looked at Gibbs because they thought they would struggle without Dangerfield.

A few players have stepped up and that is no longer the case. If they win it this year, why would they bother with Gibbs?

Things have changed...
gibbs would be an upgrade on almost any of their midfielders apart from sloane and the crouch brothers.

Trade a key forward in and then trade one out later.

Wouldn't we just be best putting time into the key forwards we have and going after speed and skill through the midfield?

its a similar approach to what GWS did where you stock on on good KPP talent knowing you will lose some, but you will get other options coming back

especially when the draft you are in is pretty damn shitty for midfield talent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back