List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have some good decision makers and our young mids will improve we already generate a high amount of marks inside our F5 impressive considering Bruces butterfingers.

Line breaking is important it breaks defensive set ups especially as we are not a great contested marking team. Running through the defensive 50 and delivering past the centre before the defence can adjust.
With goal kicking it's been one of our biggest problems this year not having anyone who can run through the opposition defensive set up or anyone who can keep up with guys on other teams who do.
We need someone with speed in defense like Aussie and another in the forwardline Weller was doing the job forward in 2016 almost through will power but he's not particularly fast.

I tend to agree. I felt we lacked enough pace and/or kicking skill to break down other teams defensive zones. You can either precision kick through it, or take it on with run which is easier if you have some pace.

This pace on the back flank is actually why I think the development of DMac is important to our team balance.

I tend to agree. I felt we lacked enough pace and/or kicking skill to break down other teams defensive zones. You can either precision kick through it, or take it on with run which is easier if you have some pace.

This pace on the back flank is actually why I think the development of DMac is important to our team balance.
Should have drafted Touk miller and rookied the other Saad we'd be burning through zones:D:'(

I think all clubs would do this if they could. You need the player to want to leave, then come to your club, make a better offer to the player than other suitors then keep your existing players listed and inside the cap. You also then need to compensate the club that the player leaves.

Obviously, but I'm referring to those players I've quoted in particular. We need a good up and coming kpd and mid.. we're prepared to throw money at someone like a Kelly.. what would Andrews or Oliver cost if they agreed and the price was right for all parties..? Better than going into the draft unproven..

White & Rice have more chance of making it than DMac. I get that they play different roles, but DMac has played 22 senior games & still looks like a deer in headlights when he plays. White slotted straight in like a 50-100 game player within 2-3 games

Last edited:
interesting tidbit here:
They are free-agent utility Jackson Trengove, seasoned trio Angus Monfries, Nathan Krakouer and Matt White, forward Aaron Young who has become accustomed to one-year deals and novices Brendon AhChee, Aidyn Johnson and Jesse Palmer.

And at least three - Trengove, Monfries and Krakouer - are expected to clear their lockers by retirement or free-agency transfer, putting the Power’s list in line with the AFL requirements to enter the national draft in November

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...e/news-story/316d3f1580daa601a37559b16b3c6a23
My friend is good mates with Trengrove. I've told him to get the scoop on him for me. He laughed when I asked but said he would ask him for me..

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Louis was suspended last I saw (a shock, I know! :D).

Maybe he and pluggsy got in a lovers quarrel?

Found footage of them

pHmJoga40Kjj_IG-iyO6w-1GcGmY2z106h1vsP3nwYP_vcpJJXroDLrbrhLKjmclDXx_1Dzno90Y6IKw8MGGBgXuLB9ODjbYlXuj1btXx2JQS8uYUBFlmfzg1UJkcvm_2QMzLb1qDmgiKD5TWQSqfZTh2sE=w400-h220-nc

Those Soccer concussions where the players get hit by hard air look bad.
Funnily enough, when I was 23 and got a job I thought I couldn't afford to be injured with, as I'd played soccer when I was young I switched back to it thinking "this is a soft game compared to footy". Within 2 years I'd had 2 concussions through head clashes and a broken foot so it just shows that all contact sports come with a risk. Apparently for a lot of old-timer soccer players, they said the balls they used to use were water-logged, meaning repeated headers did a lot of damage to their head and neck.

Last edited:
White & Rice have more chance of making it than DMac. I get that they play different roles, but DMac has played 22 senior games & still looks like a deer in headlights when he plays. White slotted straight in like a 50-100 game player without 2-3 games
I don't disagree, although I've seen nothing of Rice. I still think DMac has time. Overall my post was about my disappointment that DMac hasn't come on as someone with his pace off the back flank would have helped with breaking down other teams defensive zones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't disagree, although I've seen nothing of Rice. I still think DMac has time. Overall my post was about my disappointment that DMac hasn't come on as someone with his pace off the back flank would have helped with breaking down other teams defensive zones.
All good. This I why I brought up White as he has a little bit of pace but a 70m boot. Once he gets more into the rhythm of AFL level, his kicking will be an absolute weapon as he kicks a long ball & with precision, which will slice apart defensive zones.... hopefully.

IMO yes but if you win it this year why would you invest big for a 30 year old?

No guarantees in footy, if you think he might be the missing piece you pull the trigger and hope for the best.

Look at port for example, they were the next big thing.. next minute a close loss to the hawks in a prelim and off a cliff.

Adelaide are right there, this year and next is go time for them

I don't think it matters. Dogs won the flag last year with middling defence. Others have done the same. Mids, mids, and more mids.
Sydney made it into the GF missing it's best defenders, injured mids in defence Eastonwood, Johannisen and Mathew Boyd are quality then Buddy went down, Tippet was useless and Tom Boyd played his 1 good game the dogs were blessed that year they are not a model to build a team on

My friend is good mates with Trengrove. I've told him to get the scoop on him for me. He laughed when I asked but said he would ask him for me..

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

legend!!! get us the good mail

did trengrove play on the weekend? or have they cracked the sads at him leaving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back