Opinion I've lost my faith in Ken Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a revisionist. I say it every year because at some point it will be. I'm not privy to the machinations inside the club and what is breaking down. But I know we are getting better every year at what we are doing.

The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.
"Not privy to the machinations inside the club..." Yet, you often talk like you are, and that you somehow know better than everyone else.

You have seven top 10 picks on your list and a further six 1st round picks (+ Dixon who was a zone selection).

So your first sentence is on the money, Primus did the hard yards loading up your squad - you should be cashing in now.

Surely no different to the majority of other clubs.

I don't even know anymore.

Seriously though if Chocco steps foot in the club I'll probably melt

Somewhere in our fan base there's support for loading up our coaching ranks with nothing but '04 premiership players and Williams as head of footy ops.

"Not privy to the machinations inside the club..." Yet, you often talk like you are, and that you somehow know better than everyone else.

I value my opinion that we are on the right track. If I didn't believe in what I said, why would I bother posting here? It's the same with El_Scorcho and his three key forwards strategy - it's what he believes.

Sorry if my posting style offends you :)

This may have been already answered.
But if Ken is allowed to break his contract does that then entitle Port to also chase other senior coaches that are under contract? I thought it was only assistant coaches that were allowed to break a contract but only if offered a senior position elsewhere.

People are interpreting contracts a little.incorrectly. contracts don't prevent anyone from doing anything, but it does protect both parties in a contract to damages in the event of an adverse action or event occurring during said contract.

Can't see us going after any experienced coach anyway if Ken left. Would expect it to be Bassett in all likelihood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PAFC statement
PORT ADELAIDE is aware Gold Coast Suns chief executive Mark Evans placed a speculative phone call to Ken Hinkley’s manager Peter Blucher regarding Hinkley’s coaching future.
Port Adelaide has advised the Gold Coast Suns that Hinkley is under contract until the end of 2018 and is not on the market.
The club is still conducting its 2017 season review following Saturday night’s elimination final loss to West Coast.
Port Adelaide will resume contract discussions with Hinkley and his manager on completion of the review.
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2017-09-15/pafc-statement-

As I have said before .. Ken will be at Port next year ............

PAFC statement
PORT ADELAIDE is aware Gold Coast Suns chief executive Mark Evans placed a speculative phone call to Ken Hinkley’s manager Peter Blucher regarding Hinkley’s coaching future.
Port Adelaide has advised the Gold Coast Suns that Hinkley is under contract until the end of 2018 and is not on the market.
The club is still conducting its 2017 season review following Saturday night’s elimination final loss to West Coast.
Port Adelaide will resume contract discussions with Hinkley and his manager on completion of the review.

We hear these types of statements all to be reversed a week or two later. I'm not putting much stock into it.

That being said, there's a lot of bad blood between port and the suns. Will be an interesting few weeks coming up for sure.

Why the obsession with Dew and Francou ?
The only alternative to Hinkley I would be happy with is Alan Richardson.

Alan Richardson has spent 4 years at Saint Kilda and they have achieved absolutely jack s**t. It amazes me how people still think our spike in 2013 was because of Alan Richardson, likewise 2014 with Phil Walsh. Both achieved * all as head coaches. Phil's was obviously cut short, but geez he's the best 7 and 5 coach of all time.

Make Chad the forward line coach. He played 3 tall forwards at the Magpies this year and is close to two of the guys who will be playing there next year - Marshall and Frampton. GWS don't seem to mind planting a few big guys up forward either.
Would love that. Also upgrade Clayton from Academy coach to Maggies coach.

Alan Richardson has spent 4 years at Saint Kilda and they have achieved absolutely jack s**t. It amazes me how people still think our spike in 2013 was because of Alan Richardson, likewise 2014 with Phil Walsh. Both achieved **** all as head coaches. Phil's was obviously cut short, but geez he's the best 7 and 5 coach of all time.
A St Kilda supporting mate of mine is scathing of Richardson. Wants him gone.

Alan Richardson has spent 4 years at Saint Kilda and they have achieved absolutely jack s**t. It amazes me how people still think our spike in 2013 was because of Alan Richardson, likewise 2014 with Phil Walsh. Both achieved **** all as head coaches. Phil's was obviously cut short, but geez he's the best 7 and 5 coach of all time.

Jack s**t ? He took over a basket case and a mob of kids bar RIewoldt and Montagna and they have improved every year, missed finals this year by 1 game.

PAFC statement

As I have said before .. Ken will be at Port next year ............
Just setting the scene in case he goes so we can extract some sort of compensation from GC or AFL.

We hear these types of statements all to be reversed a week or two later. I'm not putting much stock into it.

That being said, there's a lot of bad blood between port and the suns. Will be an interesting few weeks coming up for sure.

Don't blame us if their flight to/from China next year is stranded at the airport with technical difficulties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back