Grand Final Day Plans

Remove this Banner Ad

acuguy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 31, 2000
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Love to hear how everyone intends on celebrating the Grand Final this year. My 3 kids have jumped on the Richmond bandwagon this year and today we picked up 30 yellow balloons and 30 black balloons. They also found the yellow and black crepe paper.

Big walk on gf morning with a mate, followed by the purchase of some premium meat for the bbq, might grab some stone and wood, put some bets on and enjoy a great GF with the family.

Love to hear how everyone intends on celebrating the Grand Final this year. My 3 kids have jumped on the Richmond bandwagon this year and today we picked up 30 yellow balloons and 30 black balloons. They also found the yellow and black crepe paper.

Big walk on gf morning with a mate, followed by the purchase of some premium meat for the bbq, might grab some stone and wood, put some bets on and enjoy a great GF with the family.
Wife is working, couldn't find a sitter - I'll be running my kids silly in the morning so that they sleep during the GF. God help them if they wake up

Run or surf at sunrise (depending on conditions), have a Coffee, read the paper, trip to Dan's, chill/max out for a few hours, then upstairs to the 65 inch TV where Dad, my sister's fiancé and I will not be disturbed until after the final siren.

Get over the flu, head to the Pineaple Hotel (like every GF....the Pineapple part, not the flu).

I don't know whose bright idea it was to schedule a grand final for 5:30am. I've quite enjoyed having all these twilight games in the last few years, they're much easier.

Nonetheless I guess I'll try to wake up. No promises.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will be able to enjoy the grand final this year. Last year Richo ruined it when he said (confidently) on the pre-game show that John Barker would be our coach ahead of Fages.

Grand final day and Boxing Day are my favourite days of the year.

I made the mistake in the hawthorn freo grand final where I went to a mates party and 80% of the people didn't care about footy. So throughout the game people were asking me "how's work? How's your family? What you been up to" and I was like "serious?!? Now!!! It's the third quarter" so I vowed that day, that my wife and I would make grand final day "selfish day", won't see anyone, won't go anywhere, won't invite anyone over, just us two, our deck, beer, wine and some nice meat for the grand final

Grand final day and Boxing Day are my favourite days of the year.

I made the mistake in the hawthorn freo grand final where I went to a mates party and 80% of the people didn't care about footy. So throughout the game people were asking me "how's work? How's your family? What you been up to" and I was like "serious?!? Now!!! It's the third quarter" so I vowed that day, that my wife and I would make grand final day "selfish day", won't see anyone, won't go anywhere, won't invite anyone over, just us two, our deck, beer, wine and some nice meat for the grand final
I wish my wife would show some sort of interest in football. But that ain't gonna happen.
So I will just watch it at home all on my own, beer in hand.
Unless I get an invite from Billy Puller, to The Brown dog's house.

I wish my wife would show some sort of interest in football. But that ain't gonna happen.
So I will just watch it at home all on my own, beer in hand.
Unless I get an invite from Billy Puller, to The Brown dog's house.
Yeah the wife loves her footy (she goes for the cats) but I'm sure brown dog won't mind if you rock up with a slab haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back