Preview Changes vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Because he played a shocker.
It was his first game back in, dropping him straight away doesn't solve anything. And with Hartlett out he's next cab off the rank in marshalling the troops. What can't be argued with is that an in-form Pittard is in our best 22. And he's not going to reach his best form if he doesn't know if he's Arthur or Martha.

Jake Neade still in after zero kicks. Sigh. Although with Marshall, AJ and Thomas unavailable not sure we had much choice.

Clurey for Pittard makes sense this week for matchups I guess but one of Clurey or Hombsch has to go out next week. There aren’t a lot of sides who you can get away with 4 KPD’s against. The Crows are one of them. Gold Coast definitely aren’t, especially with Lynch and Wright on the injury list.
How far away is Broadbent?

With Hartlett done for the year he looms as a potentially important player for us again.

How far away is Broadbent?

With Hartlett done for the year he looms as a potentially important player for us again.
Listed as (TBC) on the injury list since 2015.

Neade must have played the best 5 handball game in the history of the AFL. I can't believe how many people are saying it's ok he is still in because AJ is injured and would have replaced him.

It's not like AJ was the last option available. Ken could have gone all in and picked Kane Farrell who is showing really good form as a small forward. Just for once could we be brave at selection again and maybe get what we deserve?

Happy with the other changes. At least they made sense.

Neade must have played the best 5 handball game in the history of the AFL. I can't believe how many people are saying it's ok he is still in because AJ is injured and would have replaced him.

It's not like AJ was the last option available. Ken could have gone all in and picked Kane Farrell who is showing really good form as a small forward. Just for once could we be brave at selection again and maybe get what we deserve?

Kane may lack afl gps numbers at this point of his career

I'm actually surprised we made 4 changes. Ken is usually two, three max.

Meh.

It's a better team.

I have given up on Neade. I think Houston suits our crap game style.

I'm not convinced we will play a forward line.

I'm a fan of aj. Hopefully it is just a niggle.

I don't see the point of dropping Pittard after one game.

It would have been nice to see Frampton play as a forward / backup ruck.

Team is a lot more talented and contested but meh i'm not convinced.

It still looks like ken hinkley.

I dont want to see Houston crap his pants when he gets tackled this week. Try to stay upright Dan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very, very happy Floggarty isn't playing. He is the exact type of player you would expect to rip us apart in a showdown.

Few guys I'd probably have in the team over Neade, but hands are a bit tied with no AJ or Marshall available. Couldn't possibly bring Trengove in to have his first game in a Showdown. Tough ask for Atley too. Maybe it's not too bad.

Neade isn't great, but you know what he does do? He hits his targets and kicks the goals he's supposed to. Arguably our best set shot inside 50. Not sure whether that's more a positive for Neade or a negative for everyone else.

Sorry to interrupt but have you heard about our lord and saviour Jack Watts?

Neade isn't great, but you know what he does do? He hits his targets and kicks the goals he's supposed to. Arguably our best set shot inside 50. Not sure whether that's more a positive for Neade or a negative for everyone else.
Neade actually stays down and crumbs as well...he knows he's a midget and doesn't fly for marks when he shouldn't be.

Yep. Gun. He didn't waste a single kick last week.

This.

Finbarr and I agree for once. Hallelujah.

Kane may lack afl gps numbers at this point of his career

I don't doubt the selectors have reasons not to pick him. But GPS numbers haven't helped in every big test match this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back