Bulldogs giving away free tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

https://membership.westernbulldogs.com.au/mobile//#/harmony-game

The Bulldogs are giving away free general admission tickets to their Saturday night game this weekend versus North Melbourne.

Its the only game in town so why not do it to boost the crowd numbers I guess. Also ties in with the harmony game, try and build the supporter base.

What do we think Bigfooty? Personally I think opening it up free slather sort of defeats the purpose, surely they'd have been better off targeting multi cultural community organisations and offering the tickets to them? This is just lets every average Joe in for free, dependent on GA capacity of course.

Well, it's not as if your pack of elitist skunks would ever do anything out of the goodness of their black hearts.

People should get along and support the bulldogs initiative. Bravo Bulldogs.

Well, it's not as if your pack of elitist skunks would ever do anything out of the goodness of their black hearts.

People should get along and support the bulldogs initiative. Bravo Bulldogs.
We have the bring your kid for free sunday or whatever it's called Teff.

But good work on bringing Essendon into a thread about whether the Dogs chose the right way to give away the tickets. Totally worth it.

I tell you what champ, I have a spare ticket at the moment. Give me a grand and I'll let you sit with me & the lads. The money goes to the bulldogs. It will be the greatest moment of your entire life.

I tell you what champ, I have a spare ticket at the moment. Give me a grand and I'll let you sit with me & the lads. The money goes to the bulldogs. It will be the greatest moment of your entire life.
Lol Teffy please.

I'm not giving you a grand, we both nose where it will end up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol Teffy please.

I'm not giving you a grand, we both nose where it will end up.

Just come along and I'll talk you in to it. You have true charity in your heart. I know it.

Just come along and I'll talk you in to it. You have true charity in your heart. I know it.
I sense a blossoming new friendship developing.

Most clubs do not give away free tickets except through radio competitions and things of that nature. Bulldogs and Demons are two who do "click this webpage and they're yours" every year.
Essendon have had free tickets for certain groups in the past. Most clubs do it, maybe not every year. All Melbourne clubs have free tickets for kids on Sundays.

Last edited:
There is actual science on this. If you think a product is worth nothing and give away tickets then over time it devalues the product. Melbournites already know AFL and its saturation is near maximum there.

The only time it would be worth it is in non established areas like queensland/nsw/act. Because the hope is you bring new people into the game in this untapped areas and they like the product. Of course you need a product worth watching in the first place or it could have the opposite effect.
The game isn't in Melbourne. I let the first one go but please try and understand the topic you are discussing.

It still hurts doesn't it.

Loss leader tied in with trying to get exposure to more people. Nothing wrong it if they didn't think they would sell them in the first place. The idea of the "Harmony" game is actually kinda a cool, and I am all for trying to get more people to games in various ways. Might as well try build your supporter base in your region of Melbourne.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/foundation/harmony-game
Wtf is Harmony round? Serious question.

No fights in the medallion club this weekend?

Wtf is Harmony round? Serious question.

No fights in the medallion club this weekend?

You could've clicked the link in the post you quoted to find out, it's comprehensively explained in the 2nd paragraph.

The Harmony Game will celebrate the diverse backgrounds of both the North Melbourne and Western Bulldogs supporter bases as well as invite those from the multicultural city of Melbourne to come and experience an AFL game

I dont think you understand how much of a step down etihad is to optus stadium

Why don't the Dockers & Eagles just drop ticket prices rather than screwing their supporters?

I think generic Perth whiner misunderstands that this is a Western Bulldogs initiative, not an AFL initiative.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back