Melbourne is the form team in the comp

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe you should read the posting chain before replying. Which team do you think my post was about? I wasn't talking about Collingwood. I've been saying Collingwood were a good side since back when they'd just lost to Hawthorn and GWS and everyone else was calling for Buckley's head.
My apologies.

lmao, so this is the best team over the last month........ flat-track bullies, dont bother bringing up the 91 point belting of last yr's grand finalist. Adelaid had like 10 from last yr's gf missing. richmond went down by 2 goals with only martin missing. Melbourne might be a decent side that is to say they are able to compete with most side and not lose by 60 points. Top 4, not gonna happen. Is good enough to be 5 - 8 side consistently now, taking the next step? that's not guaranteed. you only have limited time to take the next step forward, you miss that window you are gone. GWS has missed it, Adelaide has missed it, bulldogs has lost it, PA floundering, WC's last chance saloon before gaff goes.
Do you know something about Gaff that you haven't told us:rolleyes:. Not so sure that Gaff has made up his mind yet.

lmao, so this is the best team over the last month........ flat-track bullies, dont bother bringing up the 91 point belting of last yr's grand finalist. Adelaid had like 10 from last yr's gf missing. richmond went down by 2 goals with only martin missing. Melbourne might be a decent side that is to say they are able to compete with most side and not lose by 60 points. Top 4, not gonna happen. Is good enough to be 5 - 8 side consistently now, taking the next step? that's not guaranteed. you only have limited time to take the next step forward, you miss that window you are gone. GWS has missed it, Adelaide has missed it, bulldogs has lost it, PA floundering, WC's last chance saloon before gaff goes.
Incorrect. We also had Prestia out who has been a huge out for us. Caddy played despite calf tightness after the Essendon game. Rioli is best 22 and he has been out all year. Houli was also out who has been important for us. Townsend is best 22 when in form too and didn't play.

Dees are 1-4 against top 8 sides.

Remind me of Port last year - beating up on bottom sides and coming up short against the good sides.

And we beat top 8 sides last year and lost to the bottom 6 and missed finals. We need to tweak some things but we also dismantled bottom 8 sides. Apart from some main board flogs no Melbourne supporters thought we would be premiership contenders.

Melbourne are having a very good year and this is just a road bump in my opinion - they will challenge seriously later in the year.

However, I'm thinking this is what they are doing right now....

Last edited:
Do you know something about Gaff that you haven't told us:rolleyes:. Not so sure that Gaff has made up his mind yet.

it's alright if FA hasn't signed by half way stage, they wont sign. this can apply to other types too. Think Ablett, dangerfield, scully, motlop. Martin's situation was to maximize his dollar value gaff is not in the same class as a player or in status at the club. He is an excellent midfielder and nothing more. He looks good in a melbourne jumper as sloane looks good in an essendon jumper... Josh kelly will look good in north jumper as will taryn thomas.

Richmond had 5 premiership players missing, and four of them aĺl featured in the Norm Smith votes.

it's alright if FA hasn't signed by half way stage, they wont sign. this can apply to other types too. Think Ablett, dangerfield, scully, motlop. Martin's situation was to maximize his dollar value gaff is not in the same class as a player or in status at the club. He is an excellent midfielder and nothing more. He looks good in a melbourne jumper as sloane looks good in an essendon jumper... Josh kelly will look good in north jumper as will taryn thomas.
Think you may have that the wrong way round. A few players may have decided very early to move on, but for the majority, it's about success and maximising their dollar value. Gaff is maximising his dollar value incredibly well right now. As for success, Melbourne could offer that in years to come but the Eagles are doing an equally good job of showing off its own potential success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think you may have that the wrong way round. A few players may have decided very early to move on, but for the majority, it's about success and maximising their dollar value. Gaff is maximising his dollar value incredibly well right now. As for success, Melbourne could offer that in years to come but the Eagles are doing an equally good job of showing off its own potential success.
Demons would be better off dealing with Eagles and offer Petracca for Gaff.

Melbourne will be fine. I expect them to be top 4 end of year . No team stays in form for the entire season

Who do you think they will replace in the top 4? Most likely it would be your team kicked out of the Top 4 if they make it.

I predict Melbourne to finish from anywhere between 6-10th by looking at their fixture.

Who do you think they will replace in the top 4? Most likely it would be your team kicked out of the Top 4 if they make it.

I predict Melbourne to finish from anywhere between 6-10th by looking at their fixture.
Saints and Suns are a win, Dogs should be but that could be a danger game, and the others wiĺ be tough. I think they are a soft side and when the going gets tough they fold all to easy.

I have eagles finishing 5th
Sydney and Richmond and Geelong top 3

Saints and Suns are a win, Dogs should be but that could be a danger game, and the others wiĺ be tough. I think they are a soft side and when the going gets tough they fold all to easy.

I agree with that. I think they are likely to beat the Saints, Suns, Dogs and the Dockers. I feel they are yet to beat a team that is in form in the competition.

I have eagles finishing 5th
Sydney and Richmond and Geelong top 3

Interesting. I think Richmond and Sydney will definitely be in the Top 4. Unsure as to who will be joining them as there are many teams who are capable.

Form dropped off big time

Not really. Form about the same across the season. Just got to the end of their run against teams in the bottom 7 (and injury ruined Adelaide). Should be good enough to hold top 8, but may need to lift against some of the better teams to avoid missing finals. Their percentage may save them from that in the end, and they do have some double ups against weaker teams still coming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back