No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

For sure, the most gutless team in the league. Turn their toes up whenever the slightest hint of pressure applied

I love it when Port are made to look silly. They marched into the AFL in 1997 thinking it was only a matter of time before they would dominate the competition, and when they won in 2004, they were insufferable. The fact they've been ordinary for most of the past 15 years has been bliss.

Ken Hinkley should get the sack before Monday

#itsoverken
Reckon Port did a deal for a better pick. Watch them roll over against the bombers next week. Will finish 11th.

Collingwood play Freo next week for another percentage booster.

We need to thump Saints to hold on to top 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s just worry about knocking the saints off tonight , do that and we probably bump the % up a bit anyway

No point worrying about other results and who we may face in the finals if we don’t get the job done ourselves anyway

Results today were fairly predictable

Results today were good for us. Ensures focus and discipline in the group and the importance of four quarters.

A good win and finals are guaranteed. That’s the equation.

Can’t look ahead until we get the job done. We have been punished this year far too often.

KOLOKOTRONIS
I think finals were guaranteed with Port losing.

Have you seen this? Have you heard about this? http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-18/afl-flags-independent-concussion-officials-

Now to the rational mind, this looks like a pretty good idea. Remove the implied game result pressure from any game day concussion diagnosis.

But this is the AFL we're talking about. And we all know they love themselves a wobbly, opaque policy in the name of equalisation. And they like to use the word "independent" when describing them. I see it playing out a little bit like this...

Scene: Metricon Stadium - GCS v HAW

Early in the 2nd quarter.....

Yeah Clarko, it's Seb Guthrie here, the AFL Independent Concussion Officer. Bad news mate - Tom Mitchell has been diagnosed as concussed.

Clarko: What are you on about Seb - he's just had 3 clearances and delivered a perfect inside 50?

Yeah, yeah mate. It's pretty bad. He's done for the day I'm afraid. Luke Breust is not looking too good either.

Clarko: What sort of happy crappy are your trying to pull here Seb?

Don't be like that Clarko. Concussion is a serious problem and the AFL is a world leader in sports management. I'm just doing my job here. It's not my fault that Mitchell - and yeah, definitely Breust now as well - have been concussed today. Just as it was not my fault that Sicily was concussed during meal service on the flight up here and that Stratton was concussed running through the banner. Concussion is a complicated issue and the head must be sacrosanct.

:p

I think finals were guaranteed with Port losing.

Unless our percentage takes a nosedive and we lose both games and a few other results go against us. The Port loss has made it a lot easier to scrape in should we utensil things up the next two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back