Opinion Ryan Gardner and Timm House

Remove this Banner Ad

I think House should be debuted in next weeks if he keeps banging the door with good performance in VFL. Blicvas can also be used somewhere else with his versatility. Just need a few backup options and someone for the future unless we think Henry, Kolo and Stewart are the one.
O'Bree said House has to produce a good four weeks + he could be up for AFL selection.

by the time they think about house, harry will be back and its all over
they should give henry a rest and bring in henry (house i mean) for a game or two, see if he is up to the standard

Last edited:
by the time they think about house, harry will be back and its all over
they should give henry a rest and bring in henry for a game or two, see if he is up to the standard
Agree.. but we're talking about the selectors here... You never know which player they'll pick..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for that.. makes a lot more sense.
Abbott looks okay, not sure we want Smith in, but Smith has been pretty good in the VFL.

House no chance now. Not sure where he is at with the club tbh, been on the list for 2 years and no debut, 24 next season, not sure, he get's closer if someone like Taylor retires early.

Abbott looks okay, not sure we want Smith in, but Smith has been pretty good in the VFL.

House no chance now. Not sure where he is at with the club tbh, been on the list for 2 years and no debut, 24 next season, not sure, he get's closer if someone like Taylor retires early.

Just to put 24 in context... how old was Kelly in the wafl last year. Its more about how the clubs seem him and see the spots in our side.

Delist both, not looking like AFL standard footballers any time soon

Have to agree with that comment. Lots of injuries and opportunities this year and if 1st year rookies are getting games ahead of them it's a concern.

I'd have Hayball, Horlin-Smith, Linc, Gregson on the chopping block with Black and Crameri not far behind.

No disrespect to Linc or Gregson but the kids that have come in are running circles around them plus they aren't injured.

Delist both, not looking like AFL standard footballers any time soon
George Horlin-Smith 10 games. 6 times in best players.
Ryan Abbott 14 games. 6 times in the best players.
Zac Smith 13 games. 5 times in the best players.
Timm House 15 games. 5 times in best players.
Jackson Thurlow 11 games. 4 times in the best players.

The other 4 are AFL standard players so why not Timm?
Simpson is 11 and 2 TiB.
Zuthrie is 11 and 3.
O'Connor is 14 and 2.

Timm House deserves a spot on the list next season.
Looking like Gardner may be in trouble.

Simpson is 11 and 2 TiB.
Zuthrie is 11 and 3.
O'Connor is 14 and 2.

Yeah agree. I'd give House another year as he is very universe, and he has been unlucky not to get a game at some point.. It's unfortunate for Gardner it's not looking good for him

Have to agree with that comment. Lots of injuries and opportunities this year and if 1st year rookies are getting games ahead of them it's a concern.
This was, I think, Gardner's major problem - Round 2, and O'Connor, Henry and Blicavs are elevated into the team as defenders before he.

House wasn't playing back at the time, from memory.

Both could possibly make it as AFL footballers, but they are now so far back in the queue that it's not going to be here.

Simpson is 11 and 2 TiB.
Zuthrie is 11 and 3.
O'Connor is 14 and 2.

This is pointless, some players are just plain and simple VFL standard, to pick who’s been in the best is laughable and use that as a stat.
Have you ever watched a game of footy and seen the best players and wonder how some players are even in there?
Or why some players aren’t?
I sure have, this is pure opinion based and I feel that House will never translate into an AFL footballer.
Stop wasting our time with players that don’t have that “thing” that AFL players need.
Better off drafting another kid and developing while we have a chance

This is pointless, some players are just plain and simple VFL standard, to pick who’s been in the best is laughable and use that as a stat.
Have you ever watched a game of footy and seen the best players and wonder how some players are even in there?
Or why some players aren’t?
I sure have, this is pure opinion based and I feel that House will never translate into an AFL footballer.
Stop wasting our time with players that don’t have that “thing” that AFL players need.
Better off drafting another kid and developing while we have a chance
Couldn’t disagree more with every single word.
I’ve seen more than enough VFL games this year. Retain

I think delisting Gardiner would be a huge mistake. This kid is a lock down defender replacement in the Loneghan model with a far better kick. These type of players never get listed in the best players but are vital for the team. Should have been given a game before Blitz was made a defender when we where bereft of a tall down back.
Still only 21. How long did it take Loneghan to become the player he became after being a failed forward?

It's time to turn over some talls on the list so with Buzza contracted they are probably both in trouble.

House while older has missed both pre seasons with injury so I actually think he would have more upside than people would give him credit for.

Anyway these are the sort of untested players that Carlton should look at rather than confirmed former 1st round draft pick spuds like Smedts who had every opportunity. Never know might find another Hamling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back