WRFL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a bit of hypocrisy that Caroline springs got stripped of points for the same thing, but Sanctuary Lakes get off scot free.

I dont know how that would stand up in court if a club was willing to go that way.

I reckon the league will be hoping that Tarniet or Suns win it, to save the argument.....

A poster PM'd me and asked if Tarneit and Suns had been checked too, and said that all points had been revised by the league and other teams were over.

Curiosity got the better of me so I looked it up.

Laverton played a pile of 4-pointers in their loss to Tarneit in round 2 and were well under for the rest of the season.

wrfl_points.jpg

If the points were stripped the same way Caroline springs was:

Tarneit 256.1% 60 Pts
Suns. 198.3% 60 Pts
Brayb. 104.8% 44 Pts
Sharks. 122.2% 36 Pts
Heights 103.0% 36 Pts

If it was only 6 games

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You have way too much time on your hands if you are figuring out %. That would have taken at least 45 minutes plus.

Glad it’s all over though and now everyone can focus on the games.

Tips:
Braybrook to beat Whinging Suns by 3 goals
Tarneit to beat Point Cheats Centrals by 21 points

Good luck to all

You have way too much time on your hands if you are figuring out %. That would have taken at least 45 minutes plus.

Glad it’s all over though and now everyone can focus on the games.

Tips:
Braybrook to beat Whinging Suns by 3 goals
Tarneit to beat Point Cheats Centrals by 21 points

Good luck to all

Pretty straight forward to work out mate

10 minutes while on the shitter

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

http://www.wrfl.com.au/wrfl-statement/

PCC won (nine) six matches while over the cap and WRFL has elected to take no action.
What an absolute ******* joke of a league.
Edit: Revised number after checking for myself

Surely the league wouldn't have agreed to lower player points for SLakes Centrals in the first year of points system like our friend Mattdougie states, then go and change there minds later. I'm guessing the players in question weren't part of the first year point reduction (if this actually happened). Interesting that the system now shows in excess of 45 points, this must have been revised by the league as I believe the clubs can't load above 45 points.
No loss of games as what happened to Caroline Springs is a disgrace and no media announcement regarding the outcome of meeting is farcical

Surely the league wouldn't have agreed to lower player points for SLakes Centrals in the first year of points system like our friend Mattdougie states, then go and change there minds later. I'm guessing the players in question weren't part of the first year point reduction (if this actually happened). Interesting that the system now shows in excess of 45 points, this must have been revised by the league as I believe the clubs can't load above 45 points.
No loss of games as what happened to Caroline Springs is a disgrace and no media announcement regarding the outcome of meeting is farcical

I told everyone points deduction were given and the points for some players at some teams still aren’t correct.

A lot of those point reductions were reversed yesterday but not all. I guess the relevant teams haven’t picked those players yet.

A quick perusal with what I know shows me that 3 teams have played over 45 this year in 11 seperate games for 8 wins and 3 loses.

I told everyone points deduction were given and the points for some players at some teams still aren’t correct.
A lot of those point reductions were reversed yesterday but not all. I guess the relevant teams haven’t picked those players yet.
A quick perusal with what I know shows me that 3 teams have played over 45 this year in 11 seperate games for 8 wins and 3 loses.

If the league has reversed points that it had previously approved, then this league admin is worse than I thought. Otherwise, those players weren't included in the original point reduction approval

I must say, for some that quoted in a previous post "Lol I don’t care how the system works or is supposed to work that wasn’t my job" you seem to know a lot about points and what players from various clubs should have

If the league has reversed points that it had previously approved, then this league admin is worse than I thought. Otherwise, those players weren't included in the original point reduction approval

I must say, for some that quoted in a previous post "Lol I don’t care how the system works or is supposed to work that wasn’t my job" you seem to know a lot about points and what players from various clubs should have

I know about players I was involved in. I know what I was told players were. I didn’t care how they got those numbers I just knew what the results were

And the league has reversed the deductions it gave that’s why points are different now

I know about players I was involved in. I know what I was told players were. I didn’t care how they got those numbers I just knew what the results were

And the league has reversed the deductions it gave that’s why points are different now
So you're saying that the league has reversed the 'deductions' for finals but players were playing on deducted points for the H&A season?

I personally think the whole system needs an amendment and the league should have complete control of the points as you said.

Div 3 should be allowed no more than 40 points. This will encourage them to grow their juniors and bring them through. Also the cap should be dropped dramatically to around 25k. Max $200 per player.

Div 2 45 points and cap 100k. Maximum $400 per player.

Div 1 50 points and 250k cap.

How a club in div 1 can be expected to compete with the same points as div 3 is a joke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you're saying that the league has reversed the 'deductions' for finals but players were playing on deducted points for the H&A season?[/QUOTE]

What an absolute disgrace if this has happened, I bet though even with these adjustments it won't push sides above 45 points. It will be selective adjustments by the WRFL, it is the way they run the league

Firstly, the league should never had deducted points. The correct process would have been to increase Slakes Centrals points for the 1st year & lesser increase 2nd year and kept players on correct points
Secondly, you know a lot about a club that you weren't even at and hadn't been for 12 months when player points were introduced. The fact you took so much interest in Slakes Centrals points might be why you didn't last the season

Surprise surprise, still no public statement from the League and still no updated points for two other Sharks players who's points are incorrect which the league know about. Tarneit would want to keep an eye out for this since they're playing them tomorrow and these 2 players are regular senior players.

I'm still astonished the clubs have allowed this to continue without making a stand. The clubs have the upper hand here yet have allowed the League to bluff them with the weakest hand.

Good luck to all the clubs playing finals, don't cry victim when Point Cook win it and say seeya later Divi 3 while the rest of you are still playing Divi 3 next season

First let me unreservedly apologise, it was six games not nine. First rule of bigfooty, check the sources yourself and don't rely on what you read or hear from other sources.

wrfl / results / round / select Match Centre for the game / player points / scroll down to total.
Maximum 45 points allowed.

R3 47p def Tarneit
R4 47p def Sunshine Heights
R5 48p def North Sunshine
R13 46p def Laverton
R14 47p def Braybrook
R16 47p def Wyndham Suns

Deduct 24 points and add four each to the other teams, they finish equal points with Sunny Heights. I haven't bothered doing the maths to see if their percentage would put them in fourth, which puts them in the first semi against Braybrook, or fifth, which elevates SH to finals.

So, WRFL, do we have a points system or not?

Would've been nice to play in the finals oh well such is life

Surprise surprise, still no public statement from the League and still no updated points for two other Sharks players who's points are incorrect which the league know about. Tarneit would want to keep an eye out for this since they're playing them tomorrow and these 2 players are regular senior players.

Who are the other two players? Name them..

Firstly, the league should never had deducted points. The correct process would have been to increase Slakes Centrals points for the 1st year & lesser increase 2nd year and kept players on correct points
Secondly, you know a lot about a club that you weren't even at and hadn't been for 12 months when player points were introduced. The fact you took so much interest in Slakes Centrals points might be why you didn't last the season

Lol ok. I appreciate the cheap shot but the reality of why I lasted til I did is quite an interesting story considering I told the club I wasn’t happy before the season started, but you think it was the clubs decision I’m more than fine with that.

Again I will clarify that I was aware of the points for players I WAS INVOLVED WITH. Either at the club I was at or trying to get to that club its not that hard to work out what that means.

Like Jerry I’m pretty sure you won’t man up and tell people who you are while throwing little snipes at others.

2A973DBF-2265-45CE-8930-3DDBD1B39C2F.jpeg

Anytime you want to apologise I’m all ears ;)

View attachment 552257
Anytime you want to apologise I’m all ears ;)

Nothing to apologise for. Your argument all along has been that Sanctuary Lakes Centrals where given player point deductions. The article you have provided states that both Centrals & the WRFL assessed certain players incorrectly, nothing about player point deductions. This is different to what you had been advising.

Had the league had the balls to come out with the results of their meeting earlier in the week then all this could have been avoided. But then again, what else would we have had you talk about.

Just goes to show how pathetic this organisation is when they can't even get the points system correct.

Nothing to apologise for. Your argument all along has been that Sanctuary Lakes Centrals where given player point deductions. The article you have provided states that both Centrals & the WRFL assessed certain players incorrectly, nothing about player point deductions. This is different to what you had been advising.

Had the league had the balls to come out with the results of their meeting earlier in the week then all this could have been avoided. But then again, what else would we have had you talk about.

Just goes to show how pathetic this organisation is when they can't even get the points system correct.

How many things in one post can be wrong

1- I NEVER said it was only the sharks involved
2- you sh!t can the league then believe every word in the statement they release.
3- you won’t acknowledge that it wasn’t the guys running the show now who made these errors in referring too.
4- the league couldn’t release a statement until a decision was made and legal advice given.
5- have a great day

I stand behind every word I said, I know they are 100% the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back