Preview Geelong vs Demons (literal and figurative)- Elim Final Fri 7th Sept MCG @750 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’ll be eating more than humble pie

* throwing away membership

*declaring we are no hopevto win a final /flag

* declaring we will lose by 5 goals

You have turned into a really s**t poster

Or Nakia is reality bites. A canary down the mine. Everyone can say what they want without getting hung on I reckon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rubbish.

Our record in finals under him is awful. Scott himself said he had little to do with the 2011 flag, which is obviously the case. I think Geelong's finals record since 2011 is 2 and 9 or something similar. The intent the club has brought to most of those games has been poor. This IS a coaching / cultural issue.

I'll say it again, GFC were very, very close to missing the finals. Try and think of a list better than ours that has missed finals in recent times.
Port and Essendon

I think they went to s**t as soon as some pressure hit them. Didn't look like getting back into it

Richmond were going full tilt with the pressure from pretty much the start imo... Hawthorn were absorbing it well until they crumbled.

I suspect Hawks fans will be blaming it all on Stratton going down and umpires and etc... ultimately they just couldn't sustain the effort needed to overcome Richmond.

Cats are a burst team . Will have 10 minute spells probably late where they’ll gather momentum and be awesome, but they’re not a 4 qtr team . They are 5-8 away from the cattery. Expect Geelong to be pinged into their D50 for large chunks of the game , whereby it will look impossible for them to even get it out. Go cats!

Richmond were going full tilt with the pressure from pretty much the start imo... Hawthorn were absorbing it well until they crumbled.

I suspect Hawks fans will be blaming it all on Stratton going down and umpires and etc... ultimately they just couldn't sustain the effort needed to overcome Richmond.
Pretty well covers it. Id love to get another shot at them

I like the no change!

Really throwing Abbott to the wolves, for lack of a better option currently.

Scary from a geelong supporters perspective

Had no idea the Wrecking Ball was on the Dees coaching staff.

Let's hope Daz didn't see him sitting next to Goodwin tonight. He'll have an apoplectic fit if he did.:eek:
Did see that....

Dark and stormy right now.......:mad:

Go Catters

Anyone get the feeling that Melb is almost the unanimous favourite ..
. maybe it has something to do with the way have won the two games against them.
Scott says we are in the best nick going into finals that we have been for sometime.. and Im hoping our perceived bottom 6 are not as weak as they have been at times thru they year.. we have played around 40 players this year...

Time to walk the walk...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who wants to predict when Blicavs is going to drop his first simple uncontested mark and how often he will do it?

1:55 first quarter resulting in the first goal of the game to the Dees, im more waiting for Guthrie to dance around in a circle then get pinged holding the ball....about 10 times!!!

Anyone get the feeling that Melb is almost the unanimous favourite ..
. maybe it has something to do with the way have won the two games against them.
Scott says we are in the best nick going into finals that we have been for sometime.. and Im hoping our perceived bottom 6 are not as weak as they have been at times thru they year.. we have played around 40 players this year...

Time to walk the walk...

Plenty of people in the media are expecting a big Melbourne win, not just a close game. I'm sure those same people will then immediately accuse Geelong of underperforming if this occurs. Gotta keep churning out content.

That's finals football... Question is will out weak underbelly be able to stand up?
It's not exclusively finals footy, just any high pressure game. You and I have a very different reading of our underbelly - let's see.

Game Day thread is going to be my eyes and ears, since Budapest appears AFL phobic. So if you please, less sheet on the umps and huge descriptions of endless Catter goals.
Why not both?

Stick with them till mid way through third quarter, game will open up and our running game will take over. We just can’t lose touch early.

The obvious risk is Oliver and Gawn destroying us. Demons are a very smart side in close. I thought they were brilliant in this regard down at Geelong. It is easier to identify than stop.

Need to force them into dump kicks into Taylor, Stewart and Henderson. If they have time to hit passes, we are in trouble.

Stick with them till mid way through third quarter, game will open up and our running game will take over. We just can’t lose touch early.
Spot on. I want to see Kolo playing back 6, not up on a wing. He's a defender, not a play maker.

Excitement is building, win this and it opens up ......

Decided to have a read of this board and thread to fire up for the game tonight.

This thread needed spoiler alert for all the Debbie Downers participating. Must be a miserable life with the B- blood type.

Go Cats! Win or lose tonight, just hope they have an absolute crack and leave it all out on the park, if that isn't good enough, so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back