Play Nice Toby Greene and "protecting the space"

Remove this Banner Ad

Rule will be changed, made up, interpreted differently, it’s the AFL. Will they change it this week or at the end of season?

Actually yes.
I am surprised that more players are not nominating themselves for the ruck, but not contesting it, to break tags.

Seems exploitable based on the Danger incident.

Needs to be banned.

Reiwoldt does it too.

Nick? Because Jack doesn’t. Get some footage of Nick doing it please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't like it but how can people be in such an uproar over it but not care about knees into temples and so on with a speccy? End of the day they are both a dangerous act during a marking contest...
That one is usually more uncontrolled as you are jumping and your opponent can move or get knocked and you are watching the ball. Every time Greene has stuck his foot out it has been deliberate and controlled

He's a dirty player. Repeat offender. Nobody else even considers this to be an option. I consider it a kick - but if the umpires can't adjudicate it that way, they need to add a rule to stop this. It's beyond a "bad look" as Lingy put it, it's downright dangerous and lousy sportsmanship.
It's a kick. His feet were on the ground, he wasn't jumping for a mark.

That wasn’t the huge mistake, Greene thinks he’s playing within the rules and a lot of people agree with him with the way the rules are written. Huge mistake was not changing the rules at the end of the season to outlaw the action. Jarrad Waite did it for years and I thought it was crazy they didn’t change the rule, couldn’t believe that the didn’t change the rule at the end of last season after the Dahlhaus incident.

daniel motlop was rightly pinged for the same action, where he used his foot to push into the oppositions back

there is a difference between guarding space and kicking in danger

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Free kick and a fine for first offense. Week off for any further offenses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back