Autopsy Pies lose by 16 pts

Remove this Banner Ad

Excuse the intrusion, I just wanted to say hold your heads up, you took it up to West Coast, No 2 on the ladder, in front of a hostile crowd and just lost. I thought the difference was maybe Cox if he held one of those marks, Varcoe keeping his feet, but as we all know it’s a game of inches and any little thing could have changed the outcome.

As a neutral, I really enjoy how your team goes about it, and believe this will be one of many finals to come. Good luck against GWS.

They need to talk to every elite key forward in the comp. Finals are a different game and last night it stood out like my dogs proverbials that we dont have anyone good enough. Forgot this dribble that the forward like worked in H&A. We aren't winning a flag without one.
Buddy, Hawkins and Riewoldt all goalless in finals this weekend.
AFL needs to rework interpretations of marking contests. Modern key forwards are all interfered with to the detriment of the game. Holding, blocking and tunneling all have been perfected by defences

Not to mention ostracising a kid protecting his space in a marking contest with his foot...

Agree, in footage of him this week he looked to me to have lost weight. He was pretty crook, the virus had him in hospital during the bye week, so it was no common cold. Guess we had to play him, but he was not 100%.
In all the media he did this week he looked skinny. In last night's game he looked very light compared to normal. That illness really knocked him about and it showed last night.

Yes Cox had a pretty disappointing game, but the difference between having him and not having him there is huge if you look at the 2 games against the Weagles. With him there we were still in the game with a minute to go, without him we were never really a chance at all.

Yes Moore can break packs and have the same impact, but he has to be fit and on the park to do that.

How did our star midfield manage to lose contested ball in the last quarter?
Easy.
Treloar was understandably cooked.
Pendles was cooked; he was in hospital this time last week.
Adams was off the ground with concussion.
They'll all be better by Saturday.

Still gutted, have avoided all footy shows, newspapers cos it still burns

Full credit to the Weagles who stood up at the end, I thought we had that game though going into 3 qtr time

Like i said it still burns but pretty proud of the way we went about it

Prob the best game I have ever seen from Steele, F*k he was good

Totally disagree. Mayne fumbled way too much which was costly. However, he did the job on McGovern when Bucks moved him there in the second quarter after McGovern destroyed us in the 1st.

That’s got us back in the game.

JDG and Stephenson were among our worst, yet no-one dares to mention the ‘favourites’.
I will admit he did do a good job on McLoven, however I still think he butchered so many opportunities with his fumbles and it potentially cost us big time.

By the way I also said that JDG failed to step up.

Stephenson there is no way I will criticise because he is a first year player. I'm not a big fan of being critical of guys who have had very little experience.

Unbelievable some of the posts on here

Bagging of players , all tried their guts out
Tough opponents very underrated on here

Vardy's best game ever
Mcgoverns first quarter
The umpiring gave em 4 goals
So give it a break
Few guys had a bad one but we ain't playing finals without their input during the year

Calls to drop cox , you people know anything are you fair dinkum

SEEING MOST ON HERE DIDN'T EXPECT FINALS , and were wrong simply enjoy the ride
Very inexperienced finals team and the pressure cooker went up and we didn't adjust

Our best play was the chaos ball
I don't understand posts like this.
Should we all come in here and sing Kumbaya.
Win, lose or draw people age going to analyse the game, and that means that some players get criticised while others get lauded.

My thoughts

Treloar shouldnt have played. so many kicks around the corner that were ineffectual, got caught under pressure a lot.
Cox's 2 worst games have been when it was really slippery, he was not as bad as everyone made out, he brings the ball to the ground where our smalls do the job. We still would have lost by more if he never played.
Pendles looked lighter than normal.. i am not sure he should have played either but it was a final.
De Goey should have played a lot more in the mids.
The sack was huge but got tired in the 2nd half and Kennedys 2nd half was huge, i would have swapped Mihocek and Sack half way through the 3rd

And those who know the rules better than me, that behind that was given to the Eagles which hit the goal umpire but didnt actually go out of play, should that have been a goal? the ball did not hit the post and was still in play, then an Eagles player picked up the ball and kicked a goal. Correct me if i am wrong but hitting an umpire in play is always play on?
You're not wrong. Absolutely correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easy.
Treloar was understandably cooked.
Pendles was cooked; he was in hospital this time last week.
Adams was off the ground with concussion.
They'll all be better by Saturday.
Apples the Adams knock (some sort of concussion surely?) really was hurtful to us. Watching the replay seemed a pivot moment, good pick up.

Also watching the game again, Scott P was ok, did some very clever things but I'm sure the hospital thing hurt him (and us).

I'm very glad Treloar played, he'll be good for that run (and he still gets the ball).

I don't understand posts like this.
Should we all come in here and sing Kumbaya.
Win, lose or draw people age going to analyse the game, and that means that some players get criticised while others get lauded.
Yes.
And some posters will be flogs in said criticism.
And others will provide valuable/thought provoking input.

Yes.
And some posters will be flogs in said criticism.
And others will provide valuable/thought provoking input.

Nailed it, it's fine to say: "player X had a bad game" or "I don't think he's the right fit for our club because he doesn't run both ways" but there's often a snark that accompanies criticism that makes me wonder where all the nastiness is coming from. People cross the line because internet.

Cox was an absolute ******* disgrace tonight, offered nothing

Mayne was very poor, should of had another 2 goals

Pendles was s**t, has to hand over the captaincy in 2019

Also grundy was super poor tonight, thought he would towel up lycett and vardy but didnt

Rest of the side can hang there head high

1 more year for Pendles as skip then to hand over to Sidey, Adams or Treloar.

Not all that unexpected considering only 6 of our players have played finals. It's rare to just steam in and win it first time (even Richmond had to lose a few before they managed to get their flag).

We will be better off for the experience. Hopefully we can sneak past GWS and get to have a crack at the tigers for a huge prelim.

Tigers fans will be praying for a GWS win next week. They know they'll flog them whereas if they come up against the pies they're in for one hell of a Prelim Final.

Cox and De Goey’s record against the best teams isn’t great, they are early in their careers so I don’t think they deserve too much roasting.

In a way playing this week will be good for some players like Treloar and Howe, they need to play to get touch back.

Although with these shorter breaks you’d think Treloar is an injury risk. Plus if Moore plays we could be left with 2 on the bench by half time.

Tigers fans will be praying for a GWS win next week. They know they'll flog them whereas if they come up against the pies they're in for one hell of a Prelim Final.

If we get through to Prelim I fear with back to back 6 day breaks we may have another 4th qtr fade out against Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back