List Mgmt. Adelaide 2018 End-of-Season List Management Decisions

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if Sig is looking at other clubs, that’s why we haven’t signed him on.

Maybe we have a basic minimum contract in front of him, but have given him option to explore what other clubs might offer.

I reckon we’ll wait to see how many draft picks we take, basically whether we end up using a top 20 pick to move up the order.

I can’t imagine another side would offer Sig a deal. I’m prepared to be wrong though.

Patrick Wilson got another year because the club decided another year of development for him was a better option than pick 61 in the rookie draft (or retaining Jarman or Edwards instead).

Signorello, presumably based on the second half of his season going by what little SANFL chat I read, is waiting until the end of the trade period for us to find out what our final live pick is, so that they can determine whether or not another year of development for him is worth more than whatever is available at that pick.

Likewise I think Hunter might be waiting on trade outcomes, because we're not confident enough in O'Brien's ongoing fitness to cut him outright before finding a new third option.

I wonder if Sig is looking at other clubs, that’s why we haven’t signed him on.

Maybe we have a basic minimum contract in front of him, but have given him option to explore what other clubs might offer.
He should look at other clubs. He is not afl standard.

If I break up 2018 as it would have been at the start of the season when the squad was set (with possible 2019 movements in brackets)

Talent (16 - I think that's healthy):
Brouch
Jenkins
Mrouch
Gibbs
Sloane
Talia
Walker
Mackay (move to depth)
Hartigan (move to depth)
Brown
Betts
Jacobs (on final warning - and I don't think he'll cut it as depth)
Douglas (move to depth)
Lynch
Laird
Smith
McGovern

Depth (9 at the start of the year, Seed Atkins to replace Hartigan, Mackay/Douglas):
Knight
Kelly
Seedsman (on the cusp of talent)
Hartigan (delist)
Gibson (delist)
Atkins (I think we're hoping he gets into talent, not quite there yet)
Otten
Cheney
CEY (but could be talent in another team, so may as well look for opportunities)

Development (13 - 4 to be promoted, 3 delisted and likely replace with 4 (?) from the draft - likely the cause of salary cap issues if guys like Greenwood, Gooch, Doedee, Keath etc need to be paid more like established AFL players)
Greenwood (up to Depth or maybe even Talent now)
Gallucci (probably still Development, but on the cusp)
Poholke
Milera (move to talent)
Fogarty
Himmelberg
Signorello
McPherson
Dear (delist)
Doedee (move to talent)
Davis
Keath (move to depth)
O'Brien
Edwards (delist)
Wilson
Hunter
Murphy
Jarman (delist)
Gallucci and Keath are both best 22. Will both be in our top 10 players by the end of 2019 imo.

Well, that would be bloody amazing if it happened.

A meteoric rise from those two would have us right up in contention.
More likely it would mean our prime movers were injured.

We have a really strong top 10 players if fit. Would be a serious achievement to push ahead of guys like Talia, Lynch, Smith if those guys are at their best.

More likely it would mean our prime movers were injured.

We have a really strong top 10 players if fit. Would be a serious achievement to push ahead of guys like Talia, Lynch, Smith if those guys are at their best.
I wouldnt put lynch in our top 10. At his best he can influence a game but too often goes missing against top 4 clubs or when it matters. Notably grand finals. Smith has been out for 12 mths but is easily top 10 if he can return to his previous form.

Watching norwood last night we could do a lot worse then put Wilson (norwood) back onto our rookie list. The bloke is pure speed and can finish. Put him in the forward 50 and let him stay there. We really missed Charlie this year I feel
Did he lay a tackle or apply any pressure? That is the key for him.

If I remember correctly he was described on BF during his time with us as being one of those players that plays such an outside game that he spends most of the game in the grand stand.

Watching norwood last night we could do a lot worse then put Wilson (norwood) back onto our rookie list. The bloke is pure speed and can finish. Put him in the forward 50 and let him stay there. We really missed Charlie this year I feel
He did look impressive, but does he run both ways? Unless you're a champion, a club can't afford to have a one way player.
Even someone like Dangerfield can seriously cost the team on an off day when they're not accountable, as Geelong found out the other day.

Did we miss CC or did we miss David Teague the most? in every one of Teague season coaching our forwards, we kicked over 300 goals, his last 2 years we kick over 350 goals.

I wouldnt put lynch in our top 10. At his best he can influence a game but too often goes missing against top 4 clubs or when it matters. Notably grand finals. Smith has been out for 12 mths but is easily top 10 if he can return to his previous form.

You don't have a massive sample size for that Grand Final assessment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who has trade value and who doesn't

If youre honest the following players will be on the downward slide and after finishing twelth it will only get worse

Jacobs
Tex
Douglass
Betts
Lynch
Gibbs
Otten
Makay

and losing Gov

We need to rebuild instead of trying to finish 8th

any player that wont be there in 5 years is tradeable and who aren't super important to winning a flag load up with trades this year on getting the best of the crop available in this years SA draft, if Gov is going package him up with Bcrouch and get carltons # 1 pick, forget being competitive next year we simply don't have a list to win the flag that's obvious

Gallucci and Keath are both best 22. Will both be in our top 10 players by the end of 2019 imo.
Agree on best 22, but big call they will be both top-10, as I don't see it yet.

Any interest in Jake Kelly been reported? He's an obvious trade option that might have some value

who has trade value and who doesn't

If youre honest the following players will be on the downward slide and after finishing twelth it will only get worse

Jacobs
Tex
Douglass
Betts
Lynch
Gibbs
Otten
Makay

and losing Gov

We need to rebuild instead of trying to finish 8th

any player that wont be there in 5 years is tradeable and who aren't super important to winning a flag load up with trades this year on getting the best of the crop available in this years SA draft, if Gov is going package him up with Bcrouch and get carltons # 1 pick, forget being competitive next year we simply don't have a list to win the flag that's obvious
Seriously .....get off the grass .....we're not rebuilding ! .....we have every right to believe we're just as strong a flag chance in 2019 as we were in 2017

Just need a couple of speedy players, up forward

Did we miss CC or did we miss David Teague the most? in every one of Teague season coaching our forwards, we kicked over 300 goals, his last 2 years we kick over 350 goals.
Brodie Smith and that line breaking rebound off HB ......remember Milera really only hit his straps off HB in the last 3rd of the season

Our ball movement into the forward line for much of the season was too slow .....but also it came out too easily, as Betts has dropped of the tackling pressure of past seasons

Seriously .....get off the grass .....we're not rebuilding ! .....we have every right to believe we're just as strong a flag chance in 2019 as we were in 2017

Just need a couple of speedy players, up forward
Your delusional

We finished 12 th

Our experienced players are on the downward slide that got us to the GF we dont have replacements anywhere near the same level

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Your delusional

We finished 12 th

Our experienced players are on the downward slide that got us to the GF we dont have replacements anywhere near the same level

Good to see you're still around Marty!
Our downward slide this year was due to the astronomical injury count. It wasn't due to ageing irreversible form. After the midseason break, we were starting to win games against some tough opponents with the players coming back, and the losses we had were narrow-margin losses mostly.

Your delusional

We finished 12 th

Marty, that's such a one dimensional assessment .............you're prone to these outrageous statements, i can only assume to generate vigorous debate, which you like

ATM your credibility isn't flash ....and you do have some good thoughts ...just be careful that you simply are not taken seriously on any issue

“Top Ten” really isn’t the best way to have this discussion, because Keath/Gooch/Greenwood rating in our best may just mean that Betts, Tex, Sloane etc have a stinker.

We’re not playing against each other.

A better way might be to talk about players that would be best 22 in other sides. We want to have 30 of them.

When other clubs are trying to lure our fringe players for their core, we’re winning at this.

Or when they want to pay overs for one of OUR core (Lever) and we have a ready replacement (Doedee) we’re winning.

When we’re taking about Aaron Hall, we’re not.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Your delusional

We finished 12 th

Holy s**t, now I feel better about next year. I was worried, until I read that Marty thinks we're going to struggle.

Its easy to stand out in a dominant side. Hes a downhill skier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back