Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Where is Dylan Shiel getting traded?

• Carlton

Votes: 182 39.8%
  • Essendon

Votes: 37 8.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 146 31.9%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 71 15.5%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Lobb
Simpson as backup
Flynn developing
Pretty sure they have an awesome kid coming through the academy this year (Could be mistaken)

There are rucks to be had without giving up Shiel for Ceglar and a late 1st rd pick.

Shiel doesn't strike me as the player to tell GWS to send him to one club and one club only.
Could very well see a case whereby he says send me to Hawks or Essendon, or i'll stay.
Shiel doesn't strike you? I don't see where you are going with that, as you don't know him personally. Why would you try to judge a book by its cover or try & put a box or label around what he would or can do. He could come out & say trade me to Carlton & boom he doesn't fit in your box. Clarko vs going to Essendon. I'll take the 4X Premiership Coach

Of course you were :thumbsu:

Just like North had a hundred people "in the know" last year who confirmed Kelly was off to them.

If Shiel requests to go to Hawthorn, I'll walk backwards to Dingley.

hope you have a good pair of runners... he will be a hawk next season... it will be made public before the gf is played

Shiel doesn't strike you? I don't see where you are going with that, as you don't know him personally. Why would you try to judge a book by its cover or try & put a box or label around what he would or can do. He could come out & say trade me to Carlton & boom he doesn't fit in your box. Clarko vs going to Essendon. I'll take the 4X Premiership Coach
ok then.........

Lobb
Simpson as backup
Flynn developing
Pretty sure they have an awesome kid coming through the academy this year (Could be mistaken)

There are rucks to be had without giving up Shiel for Ceglar and a late 1st rd pick.

Shiel doesn't strike me as the player to tell GWS to send him to one club and one club only.
Could very well see a case whereby he says send me to Hawks or Essendon, or i'll stay.
Lobb doesn't like the ruck

If Shiel requests to go to Hawthorn, I'll walk backwards to Dingley.
No you wont.

You will just come back and tell us how Dylan is "overrated anyway" and "Glad we got rid of him"

Then you will proceed to tell us "A first rounder and a quality player and a signed pic of the 3 Peat cups" is the only way the Hawks will get the trade done.

Its how BF works.

Last edited:
Oh. I thought you were trying to sell me him.

Fairly sure earlier in the thread a Hawks fan posted the Giants had already knocked Ceglar back as being part of a trade.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Our first pick in this years draft, which is a strong draft, & a 2019 2nd Rounder.

JOM 2017 most AFL flags catch us at 5 clarko 4x premiership coach go hawkaz

Ceglar would be your number 1 ruckman
If we didnt have Big Boy he would be ours too
Would be the number 1 ruckman in a few teams as well

You have swung the pendulum too far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No you wont.

You will just come back and tell us how Dylan is "overrated anyway" and "Glad we got rid of him"

Then you will proceed to tell us "A first rounder and a quality player and a signed pic of the 3 Peat cups" is the only way the Hawks will get the trade done.

Its how BF works.
Not for a second. Glad you have the inane capacity to make up rubbish.

I have said on numerous occasions that I think Shiel is our best and most important player. For you to overlook that, kinda says a lot.

Acting like a prick in this thread won't do you any favours. I, like many Giant fans are thrilled with Dylan's contribution over the journey. I would love him to stay but if he decides that he wants to play in Victoria, then I couldn't begrudge him of that. He has earned the right to make that decision.

I haven't and won't ever post regarding what his worth is, because I am in no position whatsoever to judge that. Again, your ability to assume the upcoming events of the next month, is quite bizarre and very weird. I, like many other Giant fans will not carry on, "just because that's how bigfooty works".

I've said it before, if he tells the club he wants out, the only real question is whether they can get a return that is better or equivalent to what they would get via FA compensation next year.
That being said, Hawthorns pick 14 isn't that far from the mark. GWS will have to be thinking that they will be a top 6 side or better next season. Any compensation pick they are likely to receive is unlikely to be much better than that. So pick 14 plus something would need to put Hawthorn at least in the ballpark of being acceptable. Lock in known assets now, versus unknown assets next year.
The 'other clubs can give us a better offer' argument just doesn't hold water in the AFL context. GWS can't send a player to a club he doesn't agree to go to. Unless he was to say 'get me to Victoria and I don't care which club', which I just can't see happening. If you had an opportunity to choose your employer, and the rules allow you to do this, why wouldn't you? Why would you allow someone else to determine your future? It's just unrealistic.
It’s not really unrealistic. if he is determined to come back to Vic this year that if his first choice can’t get it done he rolls into his second choice. Less realistic is that he would delay 12 months if he’s made up his mind to come back to Vic now.

If he decides to leave then what’s gws incentive to trade early?

They would be compensated with say pick 17 next year. They would also have 12 months to convince him / win a flag.

I would suggest it would it would take a top 10 pick and a second minimum otherwise better off rolling the dice.

Hawks will figure something out they always do.

Essendon & Carlton have that currency.

Should be pretty straight forward.

Firstly he had a better than average year, but I can't compete with North bias. But he also isn't coming off a shoulder problem from last year that he hasn't quite recovered from and may impact the rest of his career.
I took bias out and looked at the facts. Stats has them on par in 2018. If Shiel is worth 14 would you take something similar for Dyson?

I took bias out and looked at the facts. Stats has them on par in 2018. If Shiel is worth 14 would you take something similar for Dyson?

Stats =/= a season. If you go back and look at both of their seasons you will realise that Heppell had a superior year to Shiel. I was actually surprised to see Shiel's stats up there, as his impact on games was not on the same level as Heppell.

But you are trying hard to bait a "no" from me so I will entertain you. Heppell is either our 1st or 2nd most important mid. Shiel is somewhere around 4th/5th for the Giants. So the worth of those players differs depending on the team. Essendon wouldn't be happy with 14 because of Heppell's importance. Giants would be able to carry on pretty happily with pick 14.

It wouldn't be the first time GWS trade a player for unders. They gave us Smith on the cheap. So yeah, he might be worth more than pick 14, but pick 14 could certainly get it done.

...why?

I think 14 is fair because of his age. Don't care that he has been AA etc. he has had an average year. Real risk that he has already peaked imo.
I don’t think a contracted 25/26 year old hitting his prime has age to worry about.

Pick 14 alone simply won’t get it done. Worth more than that.

Hawks will figure something out though.

Looks to me that its down to the bombers and blues or stay at gws for sheils. Hawks just dont have the currency and hawks supporters are laughable with their trade scenarios. They have the currency of a mitch mogovern type deal.. and im preety sure reading between the lines of the media that is where mitch is going. Sheil is looking deadset on the blues even with the media saying he is on the hawks or bombers for more finals time.... blues will be there. Just you wait and see

Back