Review 2018 PAFC Membership Survey

Remove this Banner Ad

Completed my survey as well.
My responses would indicate that I care little about the community and care a lot about winning football games.
Most negative survey I have filled out for a long time.
Like a few others i want to go back to "We exist to win Premierships", anything beyond that is a bonus.

I’m not convinced about that.

Yep. The messaging this year while the club was teetering on the cliff was as embarrassingly clueless as it gets.

"No-one was complaining when we won 5 in a row" (Lade)/"Ken was a superhero at 11-4" (Koch)

I don't know how to adequately express my contempt for the multilayered problems loaded into both those statements.

And then half the survey seems geared to the confirmation bias of how ignorant the members are about China and 'making our community proud', and ways they can better brainwash the masses into the belief that ticking those boxes compensates for the steaming pile of dogshit the trifling matter of 'football' has been.

I found the question about what success in China looks like a bit perplexing. The club should have the nous to set the expectations on what is successful or not, otherwise, the membership base will be expecting 1 billion new members.
I fear more it's been put up by the waverers on the board, to see if they would get too much blow back if we cut it back / dropped it. Amongst all the negative responses I made sure to give top marks for our China venture to prevent the club adding yet another * up to this season of self-inflicted wounds.

I fear more it's been put up by the waverers on the board, to see if they would get too much blow back if we cut it back / dropped it. Amongst all the negative responses I made sure to give top marks for our China venture to prevent the club adding yet another **** up to this season of self-inflicted wounds.

My comment on China was along the lines of anything that gives us financial stability and helps towards winning Premierships is a good thing.

I found the question about what success in China looks like a bit perplexing. The club should have the nous to set the expectations on what is successful or not, otherwise, the membership base will be expecting 1 billion new members.

Yes, great point. I want to know what the Club's expectations are and if they have been met thus far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love to see the responses to the question about using three words to describe our playing style.

'Absolutely blinking horrendous'

But hey, when we perfect it we might give the 2005 Premiership a shake.

My comment on China was along the lines of anything that gives us financial stability and helps towards winning Premierships is a good thing.
I said similar that I'd consider a long term success if we get new revenue streams, not related to on-field performance out of it.

I would love to see the responses to the question about using three words to describe our playing style.
Ineffictive, sloppy, incompetent

Yep. The messaging this year while the club was teetering on the cliff was as embarrassingly clueless as it gets.

"No-one was complaining when we won 5 in a row" (Lade)/"Ken was a superhero at 11-4" (Koch)

I don't know how to adequately express my contempt for the multilayered problems loaded into both those statements.
Reminds me of the global stock market crash of 1987. I was in UK on a business visit and heard the clearly shaken head of the London Stock Exchange bleat to reporters on the steps at the end of the day: “People don’t panic when stock prices are going up, why do they panic when they’re going down?”

Boring Boring BORING

Most of the negative stuff you all have mentioned I also included. I like the Aboriginal efforts, FoodBank, and the China push, and tried to say so. But that probably got lost in my negative comments. I used boring a lot, since that will massively affect clb growth e.g. FTA.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I said similar that I'd consider a long term success if we get new revenue streams, not related to on-field performance out of it.

I said something along the lines of 'a considerable financial return'.

If that's not part of the equation it's pointless. We're not a defacto arm of DFAT.

I know for a fact that the Crows have been given some funds by the AFL to develop some member retention machine learning and basket analysis. The condition is they are expected to share their IP to the other clubs.

I expect this data will be one of the datasets.

Mine was....

"Absofriggin lutely AWFUL!!!"

I was super negative. Slammed coaches, game plan, selections, and admin! Pumped up China, and in the comments made reference to the "directors not all being on the same page! A club divided, falls. Make it work Port!!"

I was very positive to the service provided by the membership department. They always answer my questions and provide great service.

Pity they are on the front line copping the abuse when we are doing s**t and the football department are stuffing up, not them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back