Traded Kade Kolodjashnij [traded with Steven May to Melbourne for pick 6]

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s his value in a trade. With GC players walking out the door why would they ask him to seek other opportunities? It’s not like they need to improve their draft position or clear cap space. Surely they aren’t going to expect much in a trade.
Jayden Hunt spend majority of his time playing for Casey Demon in VFL and 6 games in AFL ..

Last edited:
Only issue would be he’s only played 19 games in the last 2 years due to mainly concussions. GC are either a charity or think he is damaged goods.
Well ,still play 2 more AFL game than Jayden Hunt this season. Balic four AFL games Pick 66 , KK 8 games this year pick 33 , pretty fair .

Hunt played in a top 4 side, if he was on the GC list he would have played practically every game.
Exactly , he is going for opportunities , AFL listed players playing in VFL long term not healthy, look at Tim Kelly value sky rocket because he is playing AFL with Dangerfield and Selwood in a top 8 side .

Exactly , he is going for opportunities , AFL listed players playing in VFL long term not healthy, look at Tim Kelly value sky rocket because he is playing AFL with Dangerfield and Selwood in a top 8 side .

Fair call, I imagine if he does come it will be packaged with the May deal.

Jayden Hunt spend majority of his time playing for Casey Demon in VFL and 6 games in AFL ..
It won’t be Hunt. He was being worked back into best 22 but injured his ankle in the return game. Also had a few injury issues in pre season in season to deal with never got going. Mahoney also said this week he won’t be traded. Also we’re possobly turning over 11 senior listed players already. We can’t keep losing players. It’ll be a pick. And 33 may be too high given he’s not wanted.

I know it seems he's on his way to Melbourne but I'd still like Geelong to maintain interest.

I'd hope Geelong would trade pick 47 for him if Melbourne won't trade 33.

What’s his value in a trade. With GC players walking out the door why would they ask him to seek other opportunities? It’s not like they need to improve their draft position or clear cap space. Surely they aren’t going to expect much in a trade.
How are they walking out the door?

With Jayden Hunt on the outer could the deal be 33 and Hunt for Kolodjashnij? I think that's relatively fair.
They were taken in the same draft and Hunt has played heaps more footy than KK, most of it good footy. A straight swap might be fair if we wanted him out, which we don't.

Well ,still play 2 more AFL game than Jayden Hunt this season. Balic four AFL games Pick 66 , KK 8 games this year pick 33 , pretty fair .
HA! * me. Alex Sexton has played 97 games, I presume you want three first rounders and a foot massage.

It won’t be Hunt. He was being worked back into best 22 but injured his ankle in the return game. Also had a few injury issues in pre season in season to deal with never got going. Mahoney also said this week he won’t be traded. Also we’re possobly turning over 11 senior listed players already. We can’t keep losing players. It’ll be a pick. And 33 may be too high given he’s not wanted.
Fair enough anyway is out of our control . Let the list manager do the deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HA! **** me. Alex Sexton has played 97 games, I presume you want three first rounders and a foot massage.
I did not said that , don't put word in my mouth , is your imagination not mine . You backside full of germ . I can't *""" you .:p

I think we’ll have a look but doubt we will win out as he’s way more valuable to other teams.

He’d probably be an oversized winger at the cats.

In these circumstances, what sort of return would you be expecting? I remember him early on in his career and he looked damn good
Yeah he was awesome before he was getting constantly knocked out. Doesn’t surprise me that he’s going to the dees. What they’ve got out of Brayshaw is amazing.
Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a second rounder

Melbourne met with KK (and JK) a couple of times in his draft year so I’d imagine they’d be happy to give up a decent pick for him rather than play hardball with GC. Especially his potential

He was asked to explore options

And I dare suggest you don’t know anything about our culture you haven’t read in the Vic media and they know less than zero

Ohh and as for Gaz did you ever think that maybe he left as the coach was an alleged drug dealing coke head that played him out of position?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back