Recommitted Tim Kelly [requested a trade to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Tim is taking next season seriously & isn’t too upset about playing for the Cats this year.
That was never going to be in doubt from what I heard.

He really wanted to get home but knew it was a long shot. Whether he is upset or not, that is another question. He is certainly likely to be professional about it and will honour the 2 year commitment.

Next years second, the first never came into consideration. See this is a perfect example of the WCE fanbase twisting the facts yet again. Every other supporter base seems pumped about the new talent that's come into their club the past couple of days, yet on here the WCE contingent are still moping about Kelly and pretending like they don't care by constantly telling everyone that they don't care. :D

We just wanted something in return if we put our first in additionally to what we offered from this year.

It’s Geelong fan base who are actually manipulating what we were willing to part with.

How are we moping? What’s there to mope about? We aren’t losing a player!!!

We are just excited about end of 2019 and one of your fans wanted to make it about Clark and not kelly.

Wells didn't ask for any 1st rounder, he asked for a top 10 selection. Comparing picks 17 and 16 of years gone by is useless, he was never going to accept those picks.

If the eagles can come up with a top 10 pick next year, he will be free to go, if not it's a trade to freo or enter the draft and go to freo.
Help me know. I thought it twas stated that Freo had a first round pick and that would have been sufficient. There was uproar from the Cattery that Kelly did not want to go to Freo despite a suitable trade being offered!

Are you changing your story?

Besides, that Freo acceptable pick ended up as pick 17. Good to know that a Kelly in contract would be worth pick 17 so a Kelly out of contract is likely to demand a lesser pick.

We'll grab that next year. You can throw in Xavier Obrien or whatever his name is as well.

Oh wait you could have done that and had Kelly this year on min wage.

You mean you could have had Xavier?

I am not sure what money has to do with it as our cap isn’t a problem either way. So him being on min or max wage is irrelevant. We are a rich club - we do not need to skimp on salary cap to keep us afloat.

If the eagles can come up with a top 10 pick next year, he will be free to go, if not it's a trade to freo or enter the draft and go to freo.
Push come to shove you will accept our second. Maybe we will offer our first if we make the grand final again. Kelly doesnt want to go to freo (you cant force him to go there if he doesnt want to go even if you offer a trade) and you dont want to lose him for nothing so letting him go to the draft is not a realistic option at all. It sucks for you but thats the way it goes.

Help me know. I thought it twas stated that Freo had a first round pick and that would have been sufficient. There was uproar from the Cattery that Kelly did not want to go to Freo despite a suitable trade being offered!

Are you changing your story?

Besides, that Freo acceptable pick ended up as pick 17. Good to know that a Kelly in contract would be worth pick 17 so a Kelly out of contract is likely to demand a lesser pick.

Freo had pick 11 for a fair portion of the trade period. Its not the same pick they ended up using on Sam Sturt at 17, that one got traded to GWS as part of the Lobb deal.

Push come to shove you will accept our second. Maybe we will offer our first if we make the grand final again. Kelly doesnt want to go to freo (you cant force him to go there if he doesnt want to go even if you offer a trade) and you dont want to lose him for nothing so letting him go to the draft is not a realistic option at all. It sucks for you but thats the way it goes.

There is nothing stopping the cats or any other club drafting him either. Reckon any club with a pick between 8-15 would happily select him.

The eagles have refused to pay the asking price for Kelly 5 years in a row. How much longer do you reckon he will wait.

Freo had pick 11 for a fair portion of the trade period. Its not the same pick they ended up using on Sam Sturt at 17, that one got traded to GWS as part of the Lobb deal.

Freo’s pick ended up being used to select Jackson Hately at pick 14. Wouldn’t have been exceptional enough, surely.

I reckon if player trades were able to be done during the draft, we could have found a way to get Kelly back to Perth.

So it’s Kelly’s own fault he didn’t get back to Perth. He should’ve accepted a trade to Freo and also made the AFL change the rules.

Thanks for clarifying that. So 11 turned into 14 after bids.

So from a Cattery perspective, are you saying a pick between 11 and 14 would be sufficient for Kelly?

Thanks for clarifying that. So 11 turned into 14 after bids.

So from a Cattery perspective, are you saying a pick between 11 and 14 would be sufficient for Kelly?

I personally would have taken 11, but doubt Wells would. He was pretty strong on top 10 or nothing.

I reckon Wells never had any intention to trade him and just asked for things he knew he wouldn't get.

I personally would have taken 11, but doubt Wells would. He was pretty strong on top 10 or nothing.

I reckon Wells never had any intention to trade him and just asked for things he knew he wouldn't get.

I thought that was pretty clear but it’s nice to see a Geelong poster say it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you? Would you REALLY think that?

How about next years first that we were willing to part with. Amazing how Geelong fans amazingly forget that small bit.

No it was a second rounder which is why the deal fell through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Zero complaints about the quality of the draft in the first 2 rounds, it was a deep one this year. Most are happy with who we chose, and how we were able to upgrade our draft hand. Only whinging would be around who we chose vs who was available (e.g. Hill, Valente, Taylor).

Hold up, let's stick with the facts.

Tim Kelly for 1 more year or 2 2018 second rounders AND 1 2019 second rounder (with scope to trade that up to 3 2018 second rounders + 2 2019 second rounders).

Vs

Out of contract Tim Kelly for much less. Prob get our first rounder next year at best.

The guy has a young family and wants to go home to be around his family/friends for support. He's doing his preseason in Perth. His manager has said he'll be seeking another trade next year. Seems pretty inevitable he'll be gone this time next year.

Unless y'all can do something miraculous to change his mind, anything less than a premiership in 2019 makes this stubborn holding onto someone who doesn't want to be there a complete waste of time and a lost opportunity.

No he’s happy at geelong; the misses on the other hand was living at home. She wants home; ASAP, so the parents can look after the kids as they were with the first.

That was never going to be in doubt from what I heard.

He really wanted to get home but knew it was a long shot. Whether he is upset or not, that is another question. He is certainly likely to be professional about it and will honour the 2 year commitment.

He’d want to or the Weagles will stuff him around again.

You mean you could have had Xavier?

I am not sure what money has to do with it as our cap isn’t a problem either way. So him being on min or max wage is irrelevant. We are a rich club - we do not need to skimp on salary cap to keep us afloat.

And its not really allowed now. Even North need to cough up. They just cant find anyone to spend it on.

He doesn’t want the draft either so the weagles will be forced by HQ to cough up.

So it’s Kelly’s own fault he didn’t get back to Perth. He should’ve accepted a trade to Freo and also made the AFL change the rules.

He couldn’t go to Freo coz of the missus and how Freo treated her complaint; allegedly. So Freo is a no go. Apparently Ross was a touch rude as well. Who woulda thunk it.

Don’t think so given we were prepared late in the piece to do a deal and back down on the demand of a top ten pick.

Great post. I wonder whether the list management team at Geelong are prepared to undertake a look back on the trading and draft period and to see where they lost opportunity primarily due to stubbornness.

Yes, Wells had every right to be pissed off with Kelly and his agent. But to let it get the better of decision making and negatively impact ability to recognise value was a mistake.

What has occurred since the trade period that would have anyone at the GFC thinking differently?

You clearly have some issues you need to work through. It's over, he didn't get to the Eagles, time to move on.

What has occurred since the trade period that would have anyone at the GFC thinking differently?

You clearly have some issues you need to work through. It's over, he didn't get to the Eagles, time to move on.
Didn't you hear? All our seven draft picks turned out to be busts, and would you believe it, the Eagles managed to snare a pair of future 300+ gamers, hall-of-fame bound legends with those picks 20+22. Just rotten luck, Wells is devastated I hear.

No it was a second rounder which is why the deal fell through.

You mean we wanted geelong’s second rounder? Who said no, so we offered our second rounder instead.

You really thing that future first was never raised in discussions. Really? Think about it.

And you really think wce would never have tested water with all of the picks? Really?

I mean, REALLY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back