No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have used niggardly here. It's a great way of saying the same thing whilst ALMOST offending a lot of people.
Oh you can offend a lot of people with that word, because they don't know the etymology and focus on its phonetic characteristic

Jason Burt leaving as per Jeff’s letter. Been a solid servant for the last 15 years. Big loss.

Hopefully not to the afl or another club. Think he was all set to leave last year and was given a new role but obviously thinks it’s time to go.

All the best to him

Godwin's Law is a beauty
No it's just stupid. Take out the hitler nazi but and it reads like this:
The longer a discussion goes the probability that a particular topic will come up increases.

Der Godwin, you **** head.

Always makes me laugh when someone brings it up.

The longer an argument on the internet goes, the more likely raspberry flavoured flyswatters will come up.

When someone pulls their car up on a bridge and jumps...you don't need to be a genius to put 2 and 2 together

Yet multiple news agencies are referring to it as an incident and even a fall...

You may need to throw in a corollary to Goodwin's Law called Henderson's Law, which states that Goodwin will be frivolously thrown at any comparison no matter how accurate or on-point, even actual
The longer a discussion goes the probability that a particular topic will come up increases.

The longer an argument on the internet goes, the more likely raspberry flavoured flyswatters will come up.

fascist.

You may need to throw in a corollary to Goodwin's Law called Henderson's Law, which states that Goodwin will be frivolously thrown at any comparison no matter how accurate or on-point, even actual

fascist.
I am not familiar with Goodwin's law.

Whilst this may sound insensitive, I was just wondering if anyone knows the approximate distance (bridge to yarra river). That’s a pretty massive “fall” surely.

If it is an attempted suicide as implied, then it is extremely sad for a guy of his age.

KOLOKOTRONIS
25 metres is what one of the Melbourne based companies was reporting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not that familiar with what those impacts would be like (and not willing to find out), but would falling into water at that height break your hip and pelvis? Or does it imply he struck something in the water, or something in the way down... I know people say it's like cement at height.

Pretty amazing to get to shore with those injuries, would not have been able to kick at all...

I'm not that familiar with what those impacts would be like (and not willing to find out), but would falling into water at that height break your hip and pelvis? Or does it imply he struck something in the water, or something in the way down... I know people say it's like cement at height.

Pretty amazing to get to shore with those injuries, would not have been able to kick at all...
Our local jump into the river is roughly 12m and when you hit the water it has a bit of a sting. If you fell backwards or forwards it would be messy.

The highest platform for Olympic diving is 10m. After jumping from such a tower you know when you hit the water.
From 25m he would be doing about 80km/h enough to break something I reckon.

So it's been briefly reported (The Australian) that Daw had a fight / argument with his girlfriend then took a Stilnox which was mixed with Melatonin and then made the mistake of jumping in his car. Now I'm not saying this wasn't the worse case scenario (attempted suicide) but gee wizz if it wasn't then some people need to learn to let the proper facts come out before jumping the gun. I know most think this is an issue with mental health and I'm not saying it's not but there is also the scenario where he was so angry and upset after the fight with his GF that he made a sequence of bad decisions which now looks like he decided to end it all.

The other thing is if it is true that he drove under the influence (Stilnox) then he will probably end up facing charges of substance abuse while in operation of a vehicle.

DangerousSentimentalGrackle.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back