No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another set back for Birchall isn't looking great, such a shame he was on track for 350+ games.

As disappointing as it might seem the reality is that bit of floating cartilage might be causing grief so best to get it out now. Hopefully he heals quick and is up and about asap.

Looks like Hawthorn have missed out again for the Womens AFL team for season 2020 as the AFL has given the green light to four new teams in as Richmond, St.kilda, Gold Coast and West Coast have been admitted.

That leaves Hawthorn, Essendon, Sydney and Port Adelaide as the only teams left out.

I would have thought we would have been a great chance to join the AFLW as we won the VFL premiership in 2019.

Once again short shifted by the AFL.

Geez, that Buddy Franklin recruitment seriously pissed off the AFL. Swannies would be used to being first cab off the rank historically.

We are a completely different team structure wise when Birch is playing at his best. Such a shame he wont be back to full fitness anytime soon!!

We are chasing the dragon with Birch.

You just think he's close to returning and then BANG hes getting a clean out and there goes another 12 weeks and repeat

You just think he's close to returning and then BANG hes getting a clean out and there goes another 12 weeks and repeat

Hope you feel better now that you have got that off your chest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Signs are the AFLW is destined to be nothing more than TV filler and never be a regular season. Participants will get pissed off with it because it will never be a primary career
Fans will tire of seeing different faces each season. That’s not Australian football

Thinking a few years forward it would have been better to have resourced state women’s leagues more and then have a carnival in March April of the best teams from australia

Last edited:
Still, rather hit the water sideways than those bloody rocks!:eek:

Cliff Diving astounds me. It doesn't surprise me that there's a few people on Earth crazy enough to do it, but enough to make it a 'sport'???o_O

Won't be long before we've got a Shark Wrestling tour in Perth. Heaps of massive, aggressive sharks + heaps of meth... It's gonna happen...

In my sea survival training, we were told anything more than 6m fall into water is potentially Dangerous and not much different than hitting earth.

Hopefully this time they installed CCTVs in there so we can catch the buggers who keep dumping rubbish in there. I believe the Bombers might secretly be the cause of this. Chemicals in the contrails

Great to see you back to normal, Shakes!

Signs are the AFLW is destined to be TV filler and never be a regular season. Participants will get pissed off with it because it will never be a primary career
Fans will tire of seeing different faces each season. That’s not Australian football

Thinking a few years forward it would have been better to have resourced state women’s leagues more and then have a carnival in March April of the best teams from australia

The AFLW already is just a filler, to keep viewership in the pre season. It also attracts government financial support, because it is women’s sport.

It’s only meant to keep viewers interested until the main footy season starts, that’s why there was such a kerfuffle about the poor quality of the games.

The VWFL competition is the real thing.

Isn’t removing some floating cartilage a very minor procedure and fitness wise, just an issue with the conditioning you lose by not being able to run for a few weeks, even though you can still swim?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep and considering it’s the Xmas break I think a lot are jumping at shadows because oh no it’s ‘Grant Birchall’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back