No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
DangerousSentimentalGrackle.gif
Imagine hitting the water sideways, face first or even on your feet, but with no experience, under the influence of a couple of sedatives. Very lucky to be alive, let alone have the ability with a broken hip to stay afloat and make it to the edge a couple of upstream and be found.

Imagine hitting the water sideways, face first or even on your feet, but with no experience, under the influence of a couple of sedatives. Very lucky to be alive, let alone have the ability with a broken hip to stay afloat and make it to the edge a couple of upstream and be found.
Still, rather hit the water sideways than those bloody rocks!:eek:

Cliff Diving astounds me. It doesn't surprise me that there's a few people on Earth crazy enough to do it, but enough to make it a 'sport'???o_O

Won't be long before we've got a Shark Wrestling tour in Perth. Heaps of massive, aggressive sharks + heaps of meth... It's gonna happen...

So apparently we're going to finish bottom 4 according to Fox Sports 2019 fearless predictions. I mean what more evidence do you need when your 'expert' resources are Nick 'Little Dick' Dal Santo and Brad Johnson.

View attachment 597212

For your reading pleasure:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/fo...n/news-story/49094d2666dc76ab779824ac853d13fd

Just posted this in the head*ed thread - crazy. Note the subtle wishing for Scully to have a gameless season later on in the article.

So apparently we're going to finish bottom 4 according to Fox Sports 2019 fearless predictions. I mean what more evidence do you need when your 'expert' resources are Nick 'Little Dick' Dal Santo and Brad Johnson.

View attachment 597212

For your reading pleasure:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/fo...n/news-story/49094d2666dc76ab779824ac853d13fd
It's always better to lose those close games, means you will win them the following year, its not like a team could actual improve and win those games by 5 goals the following year right?

I think the point of that article is bold predictions that are highly unlikely.

Demons premiership, hogan kicking 50 goals, Brisbane make the 8,Essendon top 4.

None of those will happen.

I don't think Brisbane making the 8 is as far fetched as you might. With still a pretty easy-ish draw I can see them just sliding in.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sydney, Port and even Geelong drop right off.

I don't think Brisbane making the 8 is as far fetched as you might. With still a pretty easy-ish draw I can see them just sliding in.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sydney, Port and even Geelong drop right off.
Those 3, for sure.

Would've been good to swap some future picks with Port during trade period. It's hard to find risk-free investments these days, but there's nothing surer than them sliding down the ladder...

Hogan kicking 50 goals in a season?

Hahaha

I'll be surprised if freo can kick 50 goals in a season!

Hogan kicking 50 goals in a season?

Hahaha

I'll be surprised if freo can kick 50 goals in a season!

Ha ha yeah good point. Still I think Rory Lobb was a great pick up for them. Lobb along side Hogan with Walters at their feet should give their forward line a huge shot in the arm. If we could've landed Lobb as a KPF I think he'd of put us over the top with a clear chance to get our vets another premiership.

Ha ha yeah good point. Still I think Rory Lobb was a great pick up for them. Lobb along side Hogan with Walters at their feet should give their forward line a huge shot in the arm. If we could've landed Lobb as a KPF I think he'd of put us over the top with a clear chance to get our vets another premiership.
100% agree.

I said before trade period that Lobb would win the Coleman if he went to Eagles (I don't think he will with Freo). We'd be dead certs for the Flag this season if we'd somehow have landed him as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's always better to lose those close games, means you will win them the following year, its not like a team could actual improve and win those games by 5 goals the following year right?

No way! Especially if you hate that team, and how successful it has been, as many of the so-called experts do. They predict through their feelings; I wonder if any would be game enough to put money on their selection.

No way! Especially if you hate that team, and how successful it has been, as many of the so-called experts do. They predict through their feelings; I wonder if any would be game enough to put money on their selection.

I'm pretty sure Hawthorn's success is fuelled by these so called expert's tears when they are wrong. This is usually followed by the mass callings of free kick hawthorn. To tell you the truth I wouldn't have it any other way and if it was the other way where we were getting props then I'd be more inclined to worry. For example everyone seems to think that Melbourne or Essendon will take the next step and finish top 4 so we'll see how that prediction turns out.

Gil would be getting very aroused reading about people thinking the Bombers could go top 4. Expect the au pair is locking her door at night...

Looks like Hawthorn have missed out again for the Womens AFL team for season 2020 as the AFL has given the green light to four new teams in as Richmond, St.kilda, Gold Coast and West Coast have been admitted.

That leaves Hawthorn, Essendon, Sydney and Port Adelaide as the only teams left out.

I would have thought we would have been a great chance to join the AFLW as we won the VFL premiership in 2019.

Once again short shifted by the AFL.

Looks like Hawthorn have missed out again for the Womens AFL team for season 2020 as the AFL has given the green light to four new teams in as Richmond, St.kilda, Gold Coast and West Coast have been admitted.

That leaves Hawthorn, Essendon, Sydney and Port Adelaide as the only teams left out.

I would have thought we would have been a great chance to join the AFLW as we won the VFL premiership in 2019.

Once again short shifted by the AFL.
I’d love to know the criteria for choosing who’s in & who’s not.
GC can’t even support or run a men’s team, now they’re having a crack at a women’s team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back